How to Unlock the Bootloader on the Honor 6X

Search This thread

Steinshy

Jun 14, 2014
Hello,

I have a big problem with my Honor 6X from France, after unlock the Bootloader, install twrp-3.0.3-0-Berlin and root the phone with BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.
The phone get stuck in the reboot mode, maybe a break cause by the SuperSu ? I make a clear Cache and Dalvik.
I try the Huawei Erecovery with the Wifi, but it's don't working "Getting package info failed", Hisuite don't working too.

I can just get on the fastboot mode but I can't find a tool to restore like Flashtool from Xperia.

Someone is in the same situation ?

Thanks.

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Hello,

I have a big problem with my Honor 6X from France, after unlock the Bootloader, install twrp-3.0.3-0-Berlin and root the phone with BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.
The phone get stuck in the reboot mode, maybe a break cause by the SuperSu ? I make a clear Cache and Dalvik.
I try the Huawei Erecovery with the Wifi, but it's don't working "Getting package info failed", Hisuite don't working too.

I can just get on the fastboot mode but I can't find a tool to restore like Flashtool from Xperia.

Someone is in the same situation ?

Thanks.
Try to flash stock firmware for your phone in fastboot or in dload method.

Steinshy

Jun 14, 2014
Hello shashank1320,

Thank for reply, I try the dload method and it's working fine I will try a new attempt to root later.

Thanks again for your advice :)

Steinshy

Jun 14, 2014
Hello again,
Lucky day I got a another problem, I can't use my SIM card (2G and 4G don't work) I do a factory reset multiple time, put the card after and before the reset but not working.
I got "no service" or working for 5 second and get stuck, in setting dual SIM say "slot 1 and 2 inactive" I try to put the card in slot 1 and 2 and another card too.

If nothing is working maybe I can try the phone guaranteed, but with the unlocked bootloader I don't know if it's working well.

Have some tips ?

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
Hello again,
Lucky day I got a another problem, I can't use my SIM card (2G and 4G don't work) I do a factory reset multiple time, put the card after and before the reset but not working.
I got "no service" or working for 5 second and get stuck, in setting dual SIM say "slot 1 and 2 inactive" I try to put the card in slot 1 and 2 and another card too.

If nothing is working maybe I can try the phone guaranteed, but with the unlocked bootloader I don't know if it's working well.

Have some tips ?
Are you using Chinese variant in any other county? If so, this is expected and you will get network only in sometime not immediately..because by default it goes to china telecom or china unicom apn.

Steinshy

Jun 14, 2014
Are you using Chinese variant in any other county? If so, this is expected and you will get network only in sometime not immediately..because by default it goes to china telecom or china unicom apn.

Hello :)

How I know if the phone is Chinese variant?
It's hi6250 for the model and bln-b132 for the number build, EMUI 4.1 and 6.0 for the Android version
I buy it in a local store from France.
It's my first try to the honor I was on Xperia (M4 and Z2) before.
The phone is very good shame I got problem like that.
If nothing working I will try to change the phone for a new one by guaranty.

Last edited:

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
Hello :)

How I know if the phone is Chinese variant?
It's hi6250 for the model and bln-b132 for the number build, EMUI 4.1 and 6.0 for the Android version
I buy it in a local store from France.
It's my first try to the honor I was on Xperia (M4 and Z2) before.
The phone is very good shame I got problem like that.
If nothing working I will try to change the phone for a new one by guaranty.
Please try warranty part.
Regarding the question of variant, yours is different than the Chinese variant. Chinese variant is BLN-AL10 model.

Steinshy

Jun 14, 2014
is there any way to gain the warranty back after unlocking bootloader?

Hello, no you can't have the guaranty back after unlocking the bootloader, you can't even lock again the bootloader.

But I try on the store where I buy the phone and the guy don't care about, I just say I don't like the phone and I give me back a card with the price of the phone on it for buying new stuff on his store. You can't hide the warning message on boot.

itsmeharsh

May 25, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
aah darn...

Hello, no you can't have the guaranty back after unlocking the bootloader, you can't even lock again the bootloader.

But I try on the store where I buy the phone and the guy don't care about, I just say I don't like the phone and I give me back a card with the price of the phone on it for buying new stuff on his store. You can't hide the warning message on boot.

well, thanks for the info...

mikeves

Mar 15, 2017
I went to the site to get my unlock code, but every time I click the "Unlock Bootloader" link it throws me straight back to the login page, so I login again and click the link, only to be sent back to the login page again.....total head f**k
Emailed them, it will be interesting to see how long its going to take for a reply

BluBot

Feb 4, 2016
Kick back to login

Whenever I try to log into the site to get to the unlock bootloader page, all it does is send me back to login after I click on unlock bootloader. I have no idea why, is the site having problems at all or...?

i4ybrid

Jun 16, 2010
Whenever I try to log into the site to get to the unlock bootloader page, all it does is send me back to login after I click on unlock bootloader. I have no idea why, is the site having problems at all or...?

I had the same problem. It turns out the site doesn't really work well with Chrome. I tried it in Safari and it was fine.

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
All ways somewhere arround
Hay Guys I have just bought a Honor 6x with number BLN-L21 and i can actually insert any sim card in this phone, so do i need to unlock bootloader of my device to be able to root or install beta version of 7.0

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
Hay Guys I have just bought a Honor 6x with number BLN-L21 and i can actually insert any sim card in this phone, so do i need to unlock bootloader of my device to be able to root or install beta version of 7.0
Nope. Unlocked bootloader is required for root and custom rom stuff and have nothing to do with beta nougat or anything

Reactions: talvigi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Warning: Unlocking your bootloader will wipe all of the data on your device. Make sure you back everything up first.

Get your unlock code
    • Go to the Huawei unlock website
    • Register for free
    • Go to the download section
    • Select unlock bootloader
    • Agree to the unlocking agreement

honor6x.JPG

When you see this screen fill out the information from your Honor 6X.
    Get your serial number from the box or the "about" section of your phone.
    Your IMEI will also be listed on the box and the "about" section.
    The product ID can be found by typing *#*#1357946#*#* into your dialer app.
    getProductID.png

If you entered everything correctly, select "commit" and your unlock code will be shown on the same page.

Turn on USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
    • Go to Settings > About
    • Tap on Build Number seven times
    • Go to Developer Options
    • Check Enable OEM Unlock
    • Check USB Debugging
    • Unlock VIA ADB

If you haven’t installed ADB yet, see this thread for instructions.
    • Plug your phone into your computer VIA USB
    • Type the command ‘adb reboot bootloader‘ and hit enter.
    • Once in bootloader mode, type ‘fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]‘
    • Follow the on-screen instructions

Your phone will factory reset and reboot with an unlocked bootloader.
    Link is die , can you give me again
    There is a new news and BL unlock code program for XDA for limited period A thread by Svetius here

Your phone will factory reset and reboot with an unlocked bootloader.

did they put the unlock warning nag screen at bootup like the Honor 8 has
    Hello shashank1320,

Thank for reply, I try the dload method and it's working fine I will try a new attempt to root later.

Thanks again for your advice :)
    Glad it helpd... Enjoy buddy
    Can anyone else help me out here? IDK what to do. I it seems like I'm able to flash TWRP, but when I reboot, it always takes me to boot options with stock system recovery. RedSkull23's advice of immediately rebooting with fastboot reboot and holding down POWER and VOL+ does not work.

What to do?
    Hey sorry, I completely missed out last comments here.

I feel to point out that with fastboot reboot command, the timing for holding down the keys is very limited compared to manual reboot, so I'll detail in extremely accurate steps the moment when you have to hold keys down since that time ago this thing screwed me too.

1) flash TWRP as always. Ensure that the TWRP you're using is OldDroid's. (https://github.com/OpenKirin/androi...ases/download/3.1.1-0/twrp-3.1.1-0-berlin.img)
    2) still in fastboot mode, remove the USB cable, hold down power button for 10+ seconds to let the phone reboot. Remove the USB cable or else the combination of keys will point you to another mode (keys hold with cable plugged in or out are different, so you have 3 combinations for cable plugged and 3 for cable unplugged. You need to unplug the cable to be able to use "reboot to recovery" keys combination.
    3) screen will go blank. Release power button.
    4) now in the exact moment when you feel the first vibration (usually 2-3 seconds after screen goes blank), immediately press and keep holding power button and vol+ until the honor logo on blue screen appears, finally here you can release the keys to successfully complete booting to TWRP.

Remember that when you see the NAG screen (warning screen), the die is cast. You should already decided in which mode you wanna boot, except if you're trying to boot to erecovery. In that case you can push vol+ in NAG screen to force booting in erecovery, but you can't access other modes from there: the device will boot to OS. The NAG screen when you're booting to TWRP by the way have less words than normal NAG screen and just says "you're device is booting now" without mentioning other options, different than normal NAG screen where you usually find "your device will continue to boot in 5 seconds" phrase. Keep this as a landmark, it's useful.

The procedure is tricky but this is how it works, and after that you get the correct timing it won't be a problem anymore. Obviously this works if on fastboot screen, FRP and PHONE status results unlocked, if the TWRP provided is valid, if USB Debug is enabled in developer options, if ADB is correctly working on your machine and if timing is correct. Let me know if you manage to boot to TWRP.