FORUMS

Huawei stops support on package updates?

1,770 posts
Thanks Meter: 668

By RedSkull23, Senior Member on 1st September 2017, 06:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just went on emui.huawei.com to copy and provide a link of an EMUI 5 update for an user in need, and this i what I've got (see pic in attachment). Huawei already removed almost every package from their consumers site, and the page will be even closed standing to what is wrote on the pop-up notice... What do you think about this (in my opinion) bad move that Huawei choose to make about update packages?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170901-155514.jpg
Views:	1412
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	4259579  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RedSkull23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RedSkull23 Ad-Free
1st September 2017, 07:46 PM |#2  
Flag Atlanta, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 869

Donate to Me
More
What a strange move with a pure PR reason given too
1st September 2017, 08:17 PM |#3  
Honor Addict
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enddo

What a strange move with a pure PR reason given too

Seems really an hazardous movement since that i don't think that the problem could ever be servers costs the packages are extremely useful particularly for customers allowing them to restore soft-bricked phones...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedSkull23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RedSkull23 Ad-Free
2nd September 2017, 12:15 AM |#4  
Honor Enthusiast
Flag Oujda
Thanks Meter: 670

More
That is awful, what if someone got a bootloop and needs a package?!
2nd September 2017, 04:43 PM |#5  
Flag Between 2 Castles
Thanks Meter: 488

More
What a stupid move from Huawei. I feel more comfortable by going to an official site and download the firmware from there, but now Huawei will make lots of users uncomfortable
The Following User Says Thank You to Kizoky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kizoky Ad-Free
2nd September 2017, 04:51 PM |#6  
Honor Supporter
Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,089

Donate to Me
More
Thats bad. noob user who brick their phones may have found such things useful now they are stuck
2nd September 2017, 05:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Meh...
Not a big deal. My Mate 9 does not have any update packages to begin with on that site so i use this
https://forum.xda-developers.com/too...am-mt-t3469146
2nd September 2017, 05:34 PM |#8  
Honor Supporter
Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,089

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolim123

Meh...
Not a big deal. My Mate 9 does not have any update packages to begin with on that site so i use this

Ofcourse there is backup frok Team MT.
But official is something different. 3rd party may shutdown anytime as they basically might be taking the packages from backend Huawei database and if they restrict then we may be stuck
The Following User Says Thank You to shashank1320 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shashank1320 Ad-Free
2nd September 2017, 06:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Huawei you should think again .. And think again with your bootloader unlocking server .. You remembered me apple strategies !!
The Following User Says Thank You to ali9971 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ali9971 Ad-Free
2nd September 2017, 06:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What's wrong with them ,why on earth they did this , this is just bad
2nd September 2017, 06:21 PM |#11  
Honor Addict
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalakMi

That is awful, what if someone got a bootloop and needs a package?!

Yeah the necessity to have a secure package ready to flash that could fix your phone is the thing that matters most, minding at the fact that developers could rely on original sources...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoky

What a stupid move from Huawei. I feel more comfortable by going to an official site and download the firmware from there, but now Huawei will make lots of users uncomfortable

Exactly my point of view and even my feeling about it man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank1320

Thats bad. noob user who brick their phones may have found such things useful now they are stuck

Even not-noob users that count on finding official firmware directly by OEM official site!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolim123

Meh...

Yes but firmware finder never could be satisfying compared to an accurate package SURELY compatible with your phone variant, provided by your phone's manufacturer, and so, 100% working!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)