FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root Huawei Honor 6X and install TWRP custom recovery

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By Suman117, Senior Member on 1st February 2017, 02:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This tutorial guides to successfully root Huawei Honor 6X. If your want to root your device successfully please read all steps and if you are rooting any device for the first time please read all note and go through each and every step slowly. After following this guide your device will be rooted and ready for any other advanced usage.
Note:
  • Rooting will void the warranty of your smartphone.
  • Please follow each and every step carefully to safely root your smartphone without bricking.
  • We will not be responsible if you brick your smartphone.
  • Take a backup of your stored files and possible full ROM before rooting.
  • Make sure you read all steps carefully before doing anything to your smartphone.
  • Rooting is not illegal but some illegal activities could be engaged after rooting your device.
  • If you brick your device please mention the issue in comment box we will help you as soon as possible.
  • Make sure your device is same as mentioned in the article’s title.

Please make sure your device bootloader successfully unlocked to unlock please follow this guide: Click here
Download

Recovery Files
SuperSU

Steps to flash TWRP
  1. Make sure you have installed all the drivers of the Honor 6X.
  2. Open and extract all files from the zip and open the .exe file.
  3. The UI is in Chinese but you can read the recovery option.
  4. Select recovery and Flash the recovery.
  5. Wait untill the process in complete.
  6. Reboot your device.

The process is complete you haver installed the custom recovery TWRP in your Honor 6X.

Root your smartphone
  1. Place the SuperSU in your smartphone internal memory.
  2. Reboot your smartphone in recovery mode. to reboot your smartphone in recovery mode first power off your smartphone then long press volume up + power button simultaneously until the Huawei logo appears
  3. Flash the SuperSU.

Congratulation you have successfully rooted your Honor 6X.

The Guide for Root Huawei Honor 6X is complete.
Risks:
  • Your device could be hacked and will be more exploited for hacking.
  • You can screw up the device. (Don’t experiment with your device).
  • Please read the disclaimer in you want to in any case.
  • Try the tutorial at your own risk.
  • If you find any issue mention it in the comment box below.
  • This Guide Honor 6X Unlock Bootloader is 100% working
The Following User Says Thank You to Suman117 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Suman117 Ad-Free

1st February 2017, 08:12 PM |#2  
Flag Dijon, Cancale, On Earth, In Space
Thanks Meter: 225

More
It's possible to debloat the stock rom after unlock bootloader, install twrp and root ??? no problem after debloat ???
The Following User Says Thank You to Renaf2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Renaf2 Ad-Free
1st February 2017, 10:25 PM |#3  
Honor Supporter
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaf2

It's possible to debloat the stock rom after unlock bootloader, install twrp and root ??? no problem after debloat ???

You have to root the smartphone first
The Following User Says Thank You to Suman117 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Suman117 Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 05:31 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suman117

You have to root the smartphone first

It's ok here i have receive my honor 6x yesterday and my honor honor 6x bootloader ulocked , twrp installed and rooted ok no problem here

Debloat in the first time google apps (playgames, books, hangouts, etc...)
2nd February 2017, 07:41 PM |#5  
Honor Supporter
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:

It's ok here i have receive my honor 6x yesterday and my honor honor 6x bootloader ulocked , twrp installed and rooted ok no problem here

Debloat in the first time google apps (playgames, books, hangouts, etc...)

Buy a good case for that phone the screen is not scach resistance and can easily get a crack
2nd February 2017, 07:46 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suman117

Buy a good case for that phone the screen is not scach resistance and can easily get a crack

Thank you for this info

I have received my honor 6x with screen protector directly put on my phone when i open my new device box

This manufacturer is the same quality than meizu phones but little better of course
6th February 2017, 05:23 PM |#7  
Honor Supporter
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:

Thank you for this info

I have received my honor 6x with screen protector directly put on my phone when i open my new device box

This manufacturer is the same quality than meizu phones but little better of course

Great
8th February 2017, 07:40 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,639

Donate to Me
More
Instead of using the twrp tool provided. Is it safe to flash official TWRP image directly in bootloader mode?
The Following User Says Thank You to DJBhardwaj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJBhardwaj Ad-Free
12th February 2017, 12:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 259

Donate to Me
More
I am running Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.0 on my 6X, but logically this recovery doesnt work cause its for MM. So i tried this https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...at-03-t3511937 recovery from P9 Lite forums, and it boots but i cant mount storage there. Would it be possible for u to update this TWRP to Nougat for us? If u need any files from the Nougat build reach me out or if you want to know how i installed it
12th February 2017, 06:11 PM |#10  
Honor Supporter
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_wack

I am running Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.0 on my 6X, but logically this recovery doesnt work cause its for MM. So i tried this https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...at-03-t3511937 recovery from P9 Lite forums, and it boots but i cant mount storage there. Would it be possible for u to update this TWRP to Nougat for us? If u need any files from the Nougat build reach me out or if you want to know how i installed it

How do you have ennui 5 on your 6x??
12th February 2017, 06:57 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 259

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoods

How do you have ennui 5 on your 6x??

There is this website which lists all of the huawei updates. i downloaded the newest for our device there and installed the update.app (though i struggled a bit). but now i have a rooted emui 5.0 android 7.0 with system r/w and my only problem is that the recovery cant mount storage
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)