FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stable Pie ROM for Honor 6x

979 posts
Thanks Meter: 307

Post Reply Email Thread
DISCLAIMER
This ROM is not my work. It belongs to Askucio Droid (Sorry if I got the spelling wrong) & Team Pixys OS. I am just posting on this section for our devices with detailed instruction.
WARNING
Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible if you brick your device. Please make sure you know what you're doing and don't proceed if you don't meet the requirements. However I will try to help all I can.

REQUIREMENTS
*Unlocked Bootloader
*You must be on Stock EMUI 8
*Honor 6x
*TWRP recovery
*Non-Rooted Device
*Patience
DOWNLOAD
OpenGapps: https://opengapps.org
(Download the nano package for arm64 & Android 9)
ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pix...es/pie/hi6250/

(Download latest zip.)

INSTALLATION
*Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
*Wipe->Format Data->YES->Advanced Wipe.
*Mark Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, Data, Internal & System.
*Perform the wipes. Only wipe these mentioned and nothing else.
*Now go to install and select Pixys OS zip. Delay: 2-4 min.
*Wipe Cache and then install Gapps. Delay around 3-4 min. Again wipe Cache.
*Now goto Reboot-> Power Off/Shutdown.
*Now plug your USB cable into computer and other end into phone while holding Volume Down and boot into Bootloader.
*Flash Stock Recovery for your device.
*Power off by holding power button. Once phone restarts hold Volume Up to enter into erecovery and Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
*Wipe Cache and Reboot.
*Initial Configuration and Start.

Rooting
Boot your device into Bootloader and flash TWRP from Elemental ROM thread (Be sure to thank KingOfMezi). After that flash latest Magisk for root goodies.

If you face any problem feel free to ask. ROM is not mine. I simply make the guide to flash on Honor 6x. All credit goes to Askucio Droid and Pixys OS Team.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mannan Qamar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mannan Qamar Ad-Free

6th November 2018, 09:51 PM |#2  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Great post!
I still have to rebrand and update to emui8.
Looks like a huge job.
7th November 2018, 01:32 AM |#3  
Flag Maracaibo
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I'm using this rom since 3 weeks ago and is so smooth and daily driver.

PD: Would be nice if you reference the original post of @Askuccio_DROID on P8 Lite forum:

[ROM] [PIE 9.0.0_r10] [OFFICIAL] PixysOS for Huawei Hi6250

Thanks for sharing here
7th November 2018, 06:16 AM |#4  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 334

More
After installing the ROM, you can easily get into bootloader by selecting bootloader during the reboot option in twrp. It's a bit easier than trying to get the buttons & timing right to get into bootloader to flash the stock recovery.
7th November 2018, 07:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hi sir thank you for this guide always wanted to flash this pixy os but no detailed instructions for pur device..
Im just a newbie here..
Can you help me find the link for the recovery for my device.
im on BLL-L22?

anyone pls help me
The Following User Says Thank You to jlan007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlan007 Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 08:24 AM |#6  
Honor Supporter
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore

Donate to Me
More
BLL-L22 ? You mean stock recovery? Are you on stock EMUI 8? India? If you have update.app u can easily extract it. But if you can't then I will do it for you once the download finishes.
7th November 2018, 08:25 AM |#7  
Honor Supporter
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galapagos

After installing the ROM, you can easily get into bootloader by selecting bootloader during the reboot option in twrp. It's a bit easier than trying to get the buttons & timing right to get into bootloader to flash the stock recovery.

I always find buttons easy. But yeah you can do that as well. I guess whatever suits you.
7th November 2018, 08:26 AM |#8  
Honor Supporter
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex19Gam

I'm using this rom since 3 weeks ago and is so smooth and daily driver.

PD: Would be nice if you reference the original post of @Askuccio_DROID on P8 Lite forum:

[ROM] [PIE 9.0.0_r10] [OFFICIAL] PixysOS for Huawei Hi6250

Thanks for sharing here

No idea how to do that but thanks for doing that. I can't even spell the name right LOL
7th November 2018, 10:36 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannan Qamar

BLL-L22 ? You mean stock recovery? Are you on stock EMUI 8? India? If you have update.app u can easily extract it. But if you can't then I will do it for you once the download finishes.

Oh man....I think I need to rebrand first for this then get the emui 8 im still running on emui 5...im from the Philippines..
so the stock recovery should be on the updater.app the ill just extract that file then I need to look for "recovery.img"?
is that how its done?
7th November 2018, 11:42 AM |#10  
Honor Supporter
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore

Donate to Me
More
Well first you need to update to EMUI 8. You will probably have to download Indian or China version of EMUI 8 from Firmware Finder. I suggest China. Once downloaded just rebrand/update. Now in the update.zip you will find an update.app it is around 2-3 GB. Download Huawei Firmware Extractor and then extract Recovery_ramdis.img That's it. Now flash it normally.

Reading your post I conclude you are on EMUI 5 correct? What is your model number? It might help with the rebranding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mannan Qamar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mannan Qamar Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 08:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is the moble metwork standby battery drain bug in this rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)