FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery Life Discussion Here

698 posts
Thanks Meter: 92
 
By onlinejobwork, Senior Member on 8th September 2015, 12:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I request to all Honor 7 users to post their battery status here please as there is no battery status thread or post here.

You can post : Screen On Screen Time, CPU wakeup time, Post screenshot with your existing phone and Honor 7, What brightness level you mostly use,

Also report any additional step you did to improve battery life,

Any suspicious apps which drain your battery life most

Application you can use to get data is Battery Doctor, GSam Battery Monitor, CPU Spy from Play store and also inbuilt utility

Post it with Screenshot, Model and Brightness Level and version/firmware/kernal information

Also report how battery life affected when you used inbuilt battery saving utility

Report which Android API/APPS draining most of your battery

Expert Level Tips and Tricks to improve battery life without using custom ROM and ROOT

Thanks
11th September 2015, 07:16 PM |#2  
onlinejobwork's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
seems like no one here yet ?
12th September 2015, 07:26 PM |#3  
onlinejobwork's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
is that any Oneplus 2 user please compare your battery with Honor 7 please, Also How's battery life compared to LG G2 ?
15th September 2015, 04:48 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Honor 7 is affected by the cell standby bug. ( as many of lollipop devices ... )

More info : https://code.google.com/p/android/is...d=165558#c1015
see my screen capture here : http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/227...mes/?p=3458290

Bazoocaze may have find a fix : http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ctive-t3188147
He submitted it to google : https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/168231/
The Following User Says Thank You to psy4_60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psy4_60 Ad-Free
15th September 2015, 09:27 PM |#5  
onlinejobwork's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psy4_60

Honor 7 is affected by the cell standby bug. ( as many of lollipop devices ... )

More info : https://code.google.com/p/android/is...d=165558#c1015
see my screen capture here : http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/227...mes/?p=3458290

Bazoocaze may have find a fix : http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ctive-t3188147
He submitted it to google : https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/168231/

Thanks for sharing info. in battery section, Can you also confirm what Region/variants/Batch/ROM version affected from this bug?
How widespread is this problem ?
15th September 2015, 09:47 PM |#6  
Jenny-'s Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Few Days ago cell standby : 80%
Now : ~44% after not using airplane mode in the night. Very sad about this issue because my battery life on my old Note 2 was really good
15th September 2015, 10:00 PM |#7  
warea's Avatar
Honor Supporter
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 737
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny-

Few Days ago cell standby : 80%
Now : ~44% after not using airplane mode in the night. Very sad about this issue because my battery life on my old Note 2 was really good

Turn off your gps and other background battery draining apps that maybe keeps your screen awake.

Your suppose to lose barely 1% during night sleep.
15th September 2015, 11:14 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinejobwork

Thanks for sharing info. in battery section, Can you also confirm what Region/variants/Batch/ROM version affected from this bug?
How widespread is this problem ?


I m living in france, i have plk-l01 runing c432b100 build version.
Many users have the same issue...

It make me loose 25% per day, just for cell standby.
Even with aiplane mod active and cell broadcast disabled.

My screen consume less than cell standby :/
16th September 2015, 12:47 PM |#9  
onlinejobwork's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psy4_60

I m living in france, i have plk-l01 runing c432b100 build version.
Many users have the same issue...

It make me loose 25% per day, just for cell standby.
Even with aiplane mod active and cell broadcast disabled.

My screen consume less than cell standby :/

I am waiting for delivery but my model will be as for UK as everyone have across EU, This is very serious issue, I request all user to Email to Huawei/honor to they can release patch or update regarding that ASAP ? Can you tell me how much % battery drain overnight ? for example since when you turn off screen before you go to sleep to wakeup in the morning with or without dual sim and all bt, wifi & Mobile data off? Have try factory reset and see better result in drain ? Can you also measure Temperature when you wake up phone and when normal usage with Wifi and Mobile data using app. called CPUTEMP please
16th September 2015, 01:56 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I loose between 5 and 10% per night, with airplane mode and w/o BT and wifi.
the phone stay cold.

I didn't wipe, but some users already tried and it don't fix.

I asked to honor to patch it, they know how to fix it.
17th September 2015, 12:56 AM |#11  
onlinejobwork's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
I advise to get replacement, specifically ask them to give you different batch is possible, btw my 2013 LG G2 drain only 1-2% battery overnight on without airplane mode , try install CPU SPY and tell me your deep sleep % please
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery life discussion here

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes