FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[EMUI 5.1] OTA Firmwares and Unbrick Phone method

830 posts
Thanks Meter: 304

By sid21, Senior Member on 23rd December 2017, 06:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Consider one day you upset the devil and your phone is bricked by him, lets try to revive the phone from hell (at your own risk) :

Link to the OTA firmware's :
Click here for the links page

Important tools links:
[TOOL] Huawei Multi-Tool v8 by Team MT by inside!out
TWRP Honor 7X img

Stage 1

Download from here everything you need for the procedure - Download Folder Link
I am testing it on my BND-L21 firmware from BND-AL10
Downloading firmware (from topic). Full firmware must be more than 1.5Gb, all smaller is just
OTA Updates to the system.
After that we must download Huawei-MultiTool (future MT) version 8.x.x (link topic)
and downloading custom recovery. We will use TWRP for Honor7x (link topic)
Last we must prepare OTG Cable, SD Card more than 4Gb. On first stage that's all.

Stage 2

Go to MT and reboot phone to Fastboot mode (while phone off, hold "Volume -" and power)
If you did all correctly, you will see in the down right side your number and "Fastboot".
Now go in MT to the Bootloader and check the status. If you have already unlocked, skip this.
If you have locked phone, you must have IMEI and Huawei account. (if not please unlock your bootloader via the Huawei site)
After that, go to Recovery menu and choose our TWRP image in "Custom recovery" section and
type "Recovery". IMPORTANT!!! DON'T FLASH ERECOVERY, I DON'T HAVE THIS IMAGE!!!
After flashing recovery, we must turn off our phone.
Now we must to prepare base system image. In archive we have UPDATE.ZIP file. extract this
file to custom folder and open "Unbrick" in MT and choose "extractor". Open our file in extractor
and click right mouse key on empty space, choose extract all... and choose custom folder to
extracting.
Go to the folder and copy file VENDOR.IMG to the SD-Card (or USB with OTG). Turn on your
device in Recovery mode (Volume + and power), choose Wipe and Wipe ALL partitions! After
doing this, go to Install and choose "Install img", go to the SD-Card, and install VENDOR.img to
VENDOR folder (Important!)
After installing reboot phone again to Fastboot mode and connect to PC.
Now we must download .zip update to your region. We need this for using LTE (4G) in your country + Localization.
After downloading open .zip archive with our CUST file. archive must be called update_BND-
YOUR-NUMBER_hw_YOUR- COUNTRY.zip
From this archive we must extract .img file from root folder. It can be called cust.img CUST.img
version.img etc.
if name different from CUST.img rename it and put to the extracted UPDATE.app folder.

Last Stage 3

In MT go to Unbrick, choose our unpacked system with our CUST file and we must have at least
4/5 checkbox. And just type "UNBRICK" and wait. NOTICE: at moment of extracting system.img
it will be about 10-15 minutes. It's not a freezing of PC)
After good installing in log you will see like "All ok" Just reboot phone and you will see low level
factory reset, or something else like formatting. After formatting phone will reboot to the system.
That's all

Flashing Gapps method coming soon...

Password - 4pda for the update_full_bnd-AL10... Zip

Special Thanks to Kallibr44 my friend who helped me decipher everything.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU IT MAKES ME HAPPY
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to sid21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sid21 Ad-Free
23rd December 2017, 10:03 AM |#2  
Honor Supporter
Flag Near Vienna
Thanks Meter: 1,355

Donate to Me
More
We need a Full Firmware Package for L21,this is only Ota Updates.
23rd December 2017, 12:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by letschky

We need a Full Firmware Package for L21,this is only Ota Updates.

there is a procedure used by EU users to completely revive the phone using the OTA but the procedure is too long which i haven't tried yet and is completely for users who have dead phones for now and yes obviously there is no official firmware available for Honor 7x but the user from an EU forum revived his phone so it is possible from the images.

though i made this thread for users who want to update their firmwares and not the procedure to flash a stock firmware since there is not one available yet but i can point to the thread where this user posted the procedure if someone wants to try. PM me
23rd December 2017, 05:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid21

i can point to the thread where this user posted the procedure if someone wants to try. PM me

Yes please....
23rd December 2017, 05:42 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmotta

Yes please....

Sent reply.

There are teams who have unlocked a lot of stuff like flashing international FW,
flashing gapps on chinese fw, Automatic Call Recording, restoring the phone.

so i am in contact with them to make our phone better. lets keep our fingers crossed.

i am waiting for firmware flashing to get it translated from one of the users.
24th December 2017, 04:32 AM |#6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 267

More
This is the full recovery package right? Atleast for the Indian version?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7x.PNG
Views:	932
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	4368528  
24th December 2017, 10:13 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDj408

This is the full recovery package right? Atleast for the Indian version?

They arent recovery packages. they are full OTA which can be flashed for updating.
but there is a process to compile them into making them stock firmware packages but due to the long procedure i didnt post it here. rather wait for official stock firmware package.
24th December 2017, 10:19 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Hello Honor 7X Users, turns out there is firmware available for flashing for the AL10 and L21 variants
but i haven't tried them out and can post the procedure if someone needs it but all credit goes to PRO-TEAMMT for releasing them for us so now if we mess up we got official firmware's latest available to go back to.
I personally haven't tested any but i soon will.

Link to the firmware's :

Important tools :
TWRP Honor 7X img

Steps : (Considering you have unlocked bootloader and flashed twrp)
1. Download the appropriate firmware as per your model (Link to the website given)
2. Clear Cache
3. Flash the firmware file

(Wait for the complete process to flash a firmware from scratch so that i can do it and confirm myself but if anybody tests before me let me know)
Refer to the thread by inside!out for any help till them if you want to try out

Hi
I am a New in Android world

I have honor 7x BND L21c185b101
And i rooted
Know exactly do this?
Step 3 how?
And the multi tool For what?
26th December 2017, 08:58 AM |#9  
Honor Supporter
Flag Putra Nilai, Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 737

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

there is a procedure used by EU users to completely revive the phone using the OTA but the procedure is too long which i haven't tried yet and is completely for users who have dead phones for now and yes obviously there is no official firmware available for Honor 7x but the user from an EU forum revived his phone so it is possible from the images.

though i made this thread for users who want to update their firmwares and not the procedure to flash a stock firmware since there is not one available yet but i can point to the thread where this user posted the procedure if someone wants to try. PM me

Can I have the procedure link?

I ordered a 7X from AliExpress.

I also own an Honor 5X & errrmmmm.. I'm not a developer rather still a learning buildbot 🤓 still I want to take part in bringing up LOS or AOSP for Honor 7X. So we can work on it together if you want. 😇

Cheers!

P.S. Belated Merry Christmas.
26th December 2017, 06:01 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootysa

Hi
I am a New in Android world

I have honor 7x BND L21c185b101
And i rooted
Know exactly do this?
Step 3 how?
And the multi tool For what?

exactly what you want to do?
this is to update to the latest firmware. if you have the latest firmware you dont need it.
the multi tool is used to flash stock with a procedure which is only needed to return to stock or else theres no need for it for the most part..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumith3

Can I have the procedure link?

I ordered a 7X from AliExpress.

I also own an Honor 5X & errrmmmm.. I'm not a developer rather still a learning buildbot 🤓 still I want to take part in bringing up LOS or AOSP for Honor 7X. So we can work on it together if you want.

Cheers!

P.S. Belated Merry Christmas.

PM Sent kindly check.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sid21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sid21 Ad-Free
26th December 2017, 09:59 PM |#11  
Flag Legnano
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Hello Honor 7X Users, turns out there is firmware available for flashing for the AL10 and L21 variants
but i haven't tried them out and can post the procedure if someone needs it but all credit goes to PRO-TEAMMT for releasing them for us so now if we mess up we got official firmware's latest available to go back to.
I personally haven't tested any but i soon will.

Link to the firmware's :

Important tools :
TWRP Honor 7X img

Steps : (Considering you have unlocked bootloader and flashed twrp)
1. Download the appropriate firmware as per your model (Link to the website given)
2. Clear Cache
3. Flash the firmware file

(Wait for the complete process to flash a firmware from scratch so that i can do it and confirm myself but if anybody tests before me let me know)
Refer to the thread by inside!out for any help till them if you want to try out

HI I wanna know many things:
1-if I can constantly update the 7x with the application (or the software on PC, is the same) "Firmware Finder" even if I don't recive the official OTAs (because I want to root my device)
2-if its possible upgrade the system via OTA (or Firmware finder etc...) when the device is rooted
3-is dangerous root the Honor 7x?
4-if I can upgrade the system when the device Is rooted via the software HiSuite
5- how/where can I do/find and restore a Nandroid Backup for my phone
6-where I can find a local/manual update (UPDATE. APP) for the 7x (in case a brick the phone)
7-how can i UNBRICK my phone I case of brick
(sorry for my bad english😉)
PLEASE HELP ME😂😉
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)