FORUMS

How to unlock any Huawei Bootloader after removal of unlock page including Mate SE

3,414 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,408

By Wh1t3Rose, Senior Member on 22nd April 2018, 08:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello All!

I was disappointed when I received my Huawei Mate SE BND-L34 (USA) 2 days ago that I could not unlock the bootloader because Huawei removed the unlock page from their website. Even after talking to support via live chat and email I could not get any help from them. So I decided to do my own research.

DISCLAIMER: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE! THIS INCLUDES INTERNAL STORAGE!
I am not responsible for any lost data or bricked devices!

Getting your Unlock Code:

1. First you need to go to https://www.dc-unlocker.com/ and register for an account. Do not download their software!

2. Instead download the software at https://hcu-client.com/

3. Install drivers via HiSuite if you have not.

4. View the supported devices page. Now the Mate SE is not listed as a supported device but it did work for my device (Mate SE).

5. Make sure your drivers are installed via HiSuite.

6. Now go into https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy and buy 4 credits. This is needed for the software. Cost is 4 EUR ($5)

7. Launch HCU-Client and connect your phone.

8. Open the dialer on your phone and enter *#*#2846579#*#* select “Background settings”, “USB ports settings”, “Manufacture mode”.

9. Now in HCU Client log into your account (Check your Email for info) click Read Phone Info.

10. Go to Unlock tab and choose Read Bootloader code. It says it will wipe your device but mine did not get wiped until I unlocked my phone. This will take a couple of minutes. Watch the right terminal window. It should spit out your code.

Using your Unlock Code:

1. Turn off your phone, Boot your device into Fastboot mode with Vol down and power button.

2. CD to where you downloaded ADB/Fastboot Tools

Run these commands when inside ADB tools directory
a) fastboot devices. (your device should bee listed. If not reinstall drivers/reboot)
b) fastboot oem get-bootinfo (just to confirm everything is detected correctly
c) fastboot oem unlock <your_unlock_code>

3. Acknowledge the prompt on your phone. Device will be WIPED!

4. Once the wipe finishes it will take several minutes for phone to boot up. Do not panic. Once you See Huawei logo you are OK!

To root your Mate SE and Install TWRP follow this guide: http://www.desinerd.co.in/how-to-hua...twrp-recovery/
Do not use the Magisk Zip in that post. Instead grab it from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Wh1t3Rose For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wh1t3Rose Ad-Free
22nd April 2018, 09:15 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag ATL

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wh1t3Rose For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wh1t3Rose Ad-Free
23rd April 2018, 02:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
dude thanks so much it worked!!! on the honor 7x!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ron580 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ron580 Ad-Free
23rd April 2018, 02:51 AM |#4  
Flag Palm Desert, CA, US
Thanks Meter: 6

More
EDIT: To my surprise it actually worked
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSorton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheSorton Ad-Free
23rd April 2018, 05:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Anyone else having antivirus flagging the HCU exe as having a virus?
23rd April 2018, 05:52 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag ATL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foltz61

Anyone else having antivirus flagging the HCU exe as having a virus?

The tool is safe. It's a false positive. If you are unsure Go read the HCU-Client forums.

Its your decision but I haven't noticed any ill effects. You can always run it in a VM.
23rd April 2018, 05:59 PM |#7  

More
Ok. Thanks

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
23rd April 2018, 09:22 PM |#8  

More
Stupid program won't run on my computer. Saw someone else on the dc-unlocker forums with the same problem. They linked a version to download but the link is dead now. I think this phone really wants to be returned.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
23rd April 2018, 11:55 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag ATL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Stupid program won't run on my computer. Saw someone else on the dc-unlocker forums with the same problem. They linked a version to download but the link is dead now. I think this phone really wants to be returned.

You can try DC-locker instead of HCU-Client. I just find HCU easier to use.

Are u on Windows 10? If not make sure you have latest. NET Framework installed. Try running in compatibility mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wh1t3Rose For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wh1t3Rose Ad-Free
23rd April 2018, 11:59 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman-007

You can try DC-locker instead of HCU-Client. I just find HCU easier to use.

Are u on Windows 10? If not make sure you have latest. NET Framework installed. Try running in compatibility mode.

Yes, Win 10. DC-unlocker link in the Android app shows 7x BND-L34 as compatible but it's not in the drop-down box of the Windows app and doesn't get autodetected .

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to foltz61 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift foltz61 Ad-Free
24th April 2018, 12:26 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag ATL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, Win 10. DC-unlocker link in the Android app shows 7x BND-L34 as compatible but it's not in the drop-down box of the Windows app and doesn't get autodetected .

Yea only thing I can think of is make sure latest .Net framework is installed and latest Visual C. Maybe try compatibility mode
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, dc-unlocker, honor, huawei-mate-se, mate, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)