I was disappointed when I received my Huawei Mate SE BND-L34 (USA) 2 days ago that I could not unlock the bootloader because Huawei removed the unlock page from their website. Even after talking to support via live chat and email I could not get any help from them. So I decided to do my own research.
DISCLAIMER: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE! THIS INCLUDES INTERNAL STORAGE! I am not responsible for any lost data or bricked devices!
Getting your Unlock Code:
1. First you need to go to https://www.dc-unlocker.com/ and register for an account. Do not download their software!
2. Instead download the software at https://hcu-client.com/
3. Install drivers via HiSuite if you have not.
4. View the supported devices page. Now the Mate SE is not listed as a supported device but it did work for my device (Mate SE).
5. Make sure your drivers are installed via HiSuite.
6. Now go into https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy and buy 4 credits. This is needed for the software. Cost is 4 EUR ($5)
7. Launch HCU-Client and connect your phone.
8. Open the dialer on your phone and enter *#*#2846579#*#* select “Background settings”, “USB ports settings”, “Manufacture mode”.
9. Now in HCU Client log into your account (Check your Email for info) click Read Phone Info.
10. Go to Unlock tab and choose Read Bootloader code. It says it will wipe your device but mine did not get wiped until I unlocked my phone. This will take a couple of minutes. Watch the right terminal window. It should spit out your code.
Using your Unlock Code:
1. Turn off your phone, Boot your device into Fastboot mode with Vol down and power button.
2. CD to where you downloaded ADB/Fastboot Tools
Run these commands when inside ADB tools directory
a) fastboot devices. (your device should bee listed. If not reinstall drivers/reboot)
b) fastboot oem get-bootinfo (just to confirm everything is detected correctly
c) fastboot oem unlock <your_unlock_code>
3. Acknowledge the prompt on your phone. Device will be WIPED!
4. Once the wipe finishes it will take several minutes for phone to boot up. Do not panic. Once you See Huawei logo you are OK!
To root your Mate SE and Install TWRP follow this guide: http://www.desinerd.co.in/how-to-hua...twrp-recovery/
Do not use the Magisk Zip in that post. Instead grab it from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445