Team OpenKirin presents AOSP Oreo for Honor 8 Pro based on Project Treble.
Since v0 all major bugs have been fixed and only a few minor ones are left, so be sure to read everything.
- SIM won't be recognized after a reboot (workaround: re-insert your SIM to use it normally again)
- You have to enter your APN manually
- Shown signal strength does not represent the actual signal strength
- UI can be glitchy in some cases
- AOSP Keyboard force closes when you try to open the special characters
- FBE has been disabled for now due to different problems that appeared
- flash EMUI8 and unlock bootloader
- flash system.img via fastboot
command: fastboot flash system system.img
- flash twrp
command: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.1.1-oreo-duk.img
- reboot into twrp
- format data
- reboot twrp
- copy vendor.img to your internal storage
- flash vendor.img to vendor partition using twrp terminal or adb shell
command: dd if=/sdcard/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor_a
- reboot and enjoy.
WARNING: the provided TWRP is not yet read for daily usage - so don't blame me if you blow up your device.
recommended gapps: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579492051
just skip the setup at startup, if you experience any kind of fc's, grant all permissions to gplay services.
Treble AOSP Oreo, ROM for the Honor 8 Pro
OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato, Phhusson
Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2017-12-04