FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Magisk Root honor 8 Pro Oreo [Decrypted Only!]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By LastStandingDroid, Guest on 1st February 2018, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well we had root for a while and it's been great! But we loose safetynet goodies (this is individual) and the ease to use great mods without messing with the system partition.

Don't worry this is no more needed!

Before following this procedure make sure to back up everything you want to save because we gonna wipe data partition!

Edit the twrp files are slightly modified to suite honor 8 pros partition layout. As they where originally for mate 9 it had to be done.

Installation instructions.

1.backup everything you want to save on your internal storage.

2. Download https://mega.nz/#F!mwJVAaaR!Nh_NZ8jCmp76VGVWC-WPbg and extract it on your external storage.

3. Extract magisk-root.zip and flash twrp-magisk-H8P.img using fastboot using this command: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-magisk-H8P.img

4. Flash fstab-decrypt.zip which will replace fstab in vendor/etc/

5. FORMAT DATA in twrp.

6. (optional) boot system and set everything up.

7. Reboot to recovery and flash Magisk.zip

8. Wait and see

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

Open Magisk manager settings
Press update channel > custom and enter
https://goo.gl/jefZKH

You'll get latest Magisk for huawei devices

Credits firedance1961 at www.android-hilfe.de for providing files.

TopJohnwu for magisk

Source: https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/r...ab.857097.html

This has been tested on both EMUI 8.0 and AOSP treble build and works fine!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180130-141501.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	4406662
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LastStandingDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LastStandingDroid Ad-Free

LastStandingDroid
1st February 2018, 04:17 PM |#2  

More
Q/A

Safetynet doesn't pass! You lied!

It does but magisk hide is being disabled on boot. Just trigger the Magisk hide and safetynet will pass.

Does it work on encrypted devices?
NO as of now it doesn't. It doesn't patch the ramdisk properly. But it's being worked on!

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2018, 11:15 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Its working and passes safetynet too. How can I again encrypt my device? I can't able to access my internal files from mobile or PC.
8th February 2018, 12:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid

Q/A

Safetynet doesn't pass! You lied!

It does but magisk hide is being disabled on boot. Just trigger the Magisk hide and safetynet will pass.

Does it work on encrypted devices?
NO as of now it doesn't. It doesn't patch the ramdisk properly. But it's being worked on!

Hey man. I tried rooting and it worked. But selinux stays on enforcing and I can't get Magisk modules to work. Any workaround?

Sent from my Honor 8 Pro using XDA Labs
LastStandingDroid
8th February 2018, 07:15 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpkrt

Its working and passes safetynet too. How can I again encrypt my device? I can't able to access my internal files from mobile or PC.

Simply by flashing https://mega.nz/#!zp4wgQDL!ZRj0MFdpZ...fxWZaJ3o3dxXe8

It's the original file

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinchuuriki12

Hey man. I tried rooting and it worked. But selinux stays on enforcing and I can't get Magisk modules to work. Any workaround?

Sent from my Honor 8 Pro using XDA Labs

Unfortunately this is disabled within kernel so we'd have to wait for a custom kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
LastStandingDroid
8th February 2018, 11:54 PM |#6  

More
It looks like you only need to wipe data before installing Magisk and not actually decrypt. So thus who want to use Magisk with encryption

Wipe data/factory reset in twp should do it and install Magisk after wipe .

At least it worked on aosp

LastStandingDroid
10th February 2018, 08:16 AM |#7  

More
Can anyone try to install without actually decrypt?

Method would be

1. Wipe data factory reset

2.flash Magisk

This worked on aosp so should work on emui too

10th February 2018, 09:17 AM |#8  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 52

More
@LastStandingDroid

willing to try your root solution. need the exact flashcommand to wich partition i can flash the twrp-magisk.img. thanks
11th February 2018, 08:22 AM |#9  
Honor Fanatic
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurvenmeister

@LastStandingDroid

willing to try your root solution. need the exact flashcommand to wich partition i can flash the twrp-magisk.img. thanks

recovery partition name has changed in oreo.
command is "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk ***.img"

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Thanks for such quick solutions. Works perfectly. Passes safetynet too. Just 1 issue for me - the selinux mode is stuck on enforcing.
I need permissive selinux mode to run Root Call Blocker. I would appreciate it if you could fix it.
LastStandingDroid
11th February 2018, 08:58 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurvenmeister

@LastStandingDroid

recovery_ramdisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilrulz4ever

recovery partition name has changed in oreo.
command is "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk ***.img"

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Thanks for such quick solutions. Works perfectly. Passes safetynet too. Just 1 issue for me - the selinux mode is stuck on enforcing.
I need permissive selinux mode to run Root Call Blocker. I would appreciate it if you could fix it.

We must use a custom kernel for it now so it seems. As Huawei disabled it by default.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
11th February 2018, 11:39 AM |#11  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 52

More
@ laststandingdroid

thanks an sorry, i did not read the op carefully, where it is written on. according to post nr. 7 flashing fstab is no longer needed?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)