FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery dropped 40% in Nougat for Honor 8

102 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By biogon, Senior Member on 17th February 2017, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Upgraded from EMUI 4 (MM) to EMUI 5 (Nougat) a few days ago.

My SoT has dropped from about 6.5 hours to 4 hours, but mostly because the phone seems to never go into deep sleep.

I used to have a standby drain of maybe 1% per hour. Now it's around 4-5%!

I have the same apps exempt from screen-off-close: Slack, Google Voice, Nine (for work email), Netguard (for ad blocking). Android OS and Android System are by far and away the highest battery users regardless of whether I've been browsing or if it's on standby.

Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to biogon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift biogon Ad-Free

17th February 2017, 02:20 PM |#2  
Honor Enthusiast
Account currently disabled
Flag rajahmundry
Thanks Meter: 43

More
yeah ,me too i got better battery life when i was in mm. nougat sucks the battery...they need fix it .. via next small update
17th February 2017, 03:04 PM |#3  
Honor Addict
Thanks Meter: 339

More
try greenify to make some app sleep
17th February 2017, 03:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Its recommended after huge updates to do backup the files and hard reset the phone
17th February 2017, 03:46 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTefIx420

Its recommended after huge updates to do backup the files and hard reset the phone

Yup, did that. Did a full factory reset and installed from scratch. The only thing I restored via HiSuite were my texts.
17th February 2017, 11:09 PM |#6  
Honor Enthusiast
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biogon

Upgraded from EMUI 4 (MM) to EMUI 5 (Nougat) a few days ago.

My SoT has dropped from about 6.5 hours to 4 hours, but mostly because the phone seems to never go into deep sleep.

I have the same apps exempt from screen-off-close: Slack, Google Voice, Nine (for work email), Netguard (for ad blocking). Android OS and Android System are by far and away the highest battery users regardless of whether I've been browsing or if it's on standby.

Any ideas?

Having the same issue here.. Android System seems to suck a lot of juice.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using XDA Labs
17th February 2017, 11:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
[QUOTE=biogon;71069994]Upgraded from EMUI 4 (MM) to EMUI 5 (Nougat) a few days ago.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE
same problem here while everything done for better battery optimize nothing went well, B360
18th February 2017, 07:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same here. On L04 B360 Nougat update, and Android OS and Android System are pretty much always the top 2 battery consumers....
18th February 2017, 07:30 AM |#9  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same here. Down from 25 hours to 16 hours. Same apps.
18th February 2017, 08:16 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I am pretty sure that so called Nougat b360 update, pushed from Huawei to our devices is some kind Beta. I have notification bar flickering when unlock the phone, when uninstall an app through Settings- Apps the app icon still persist in home screen, after restart of the phone if i push Settings menu i have black screen for couple of seconds and the device is freezing, the apps continue to work after screen lock, although i forbid them to work, battery life was impressive for the first two days but then bang... No more than 4- 4.5h SOT from 100% to 5% of battery with same usage of the phone... Factory reset couple of times, same story.
The most strange thing is that i had the same problems with my ex Huawei P9 running on so called official Nougat.
The Following User Says Thank You to dedovec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dedovec Ad-Free
19th February 2017, 09:21 PM |#11  
Flag Near Detroit, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The upgrade to EMUI5 is a mess. The battery was completely drained overnight although the phone was turned off (powered down). It was at 90% when I turned it off at midnight, and totally dead at 8:00 AM.
There are numerous other problems with the upgrade.
I chatted with Huawie live support, and they claim that Huawie does not push upgrades, and that the upgrade came from Android not from them.
I am not convinced. The upgrade had Huawie written all over it.
You can roll back to Android 6. The Huawie folks have a file on their official support site to download and roll back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)