GZ
Hi Guys,
I just got a new update (Chinese version) : B387

4cDjdQ.jpg

Here are the new modes they have added : Watermark and Monochrome :

n83MjK.jpg

Here is a quick test I've made :
S6Ape7.jpg

The one in the middle is the "ND" filter mode, and the one on the right is the new Monochrome mode.
It's not super obvious, but I just found out that the ISO is often smaller with the Monochrome mode.

Another thing, in the Photo or Pro Photo mode, if I cover the right lens with my finger, it just says "lenses must not be covered..." but my screen is not covered and I can still take the picture.
In Monochrome mode, if I cover the right lens, I can see my finger.

Is it finally the real monochrome mode like the Huawei P9 ?

takichiman

Hi Guys,
I just got a new update (Chinese version) : B387

4cDjdQ.jpg

Here are the new modes they have added : Watermark and Monochrome :

n83MjK.jpg

Here is a quick test I've made :
S6Ape7.jpg

The one in the middle is the "ND" filter mode, and the one on the right is the new Monochrome mode.
It's not super obvious, but I just found out that the ISO is often smaller with the Monochrome mode.

Another thing, in the Photo or Pro Photo mode, if I cover the right lens with my finger, it just says "lenses must not be covered..." but my screen is not covered and I can still take the picture.
In Monochrome mode, if I cover the right lens, I can see my finger.

Is it finally the real monochrome mode like the Huawei P9 ?

I think so! Finally we can take pictures with the secondary lens :laugh:

However, I'd really like to have your opinion about battery life :confused: the update says "optimizes power consumption for extended use", so I hope there are some changes. I've had enough with the "Android System" sucking up +20% of my battery juice.

supamike

Nov 22, 2013
GZ
I think so! Finally we can take pictures with the secondary lens :laugh:

However, I'd really like to have your opinion about battery life :confused: the update says "optimizes power consumption for extended use", so I hope there are some changes. I've had enough with the "Android System" sucking up +20% of my battery juice.

I can't say much about the battery life yet, I just got the update 3 hours ago. I will see after a couple of days.

And about this Monochrome mode, there is no settings, it's just like the auto mode. We can't change the ISO or whatever.

Reactions: takichiman

Telperion

Feb 20, 2011
Can you include a few other files as well? Everything in these directories:

- /system/priv-app/HWCamera2/
- /system/cameraplugins/
- /system/etc/camera/
- /system/etc/media_profiles.xml

I don't know which of those (if any) would require root access, so if you can pull them all and upload them it would be a big help since we don't know yet what all drives monochrome mode.

Reactions: fred98

supamike

Nov 22, 2013
GZ
Can you include a few other files as well? Everything in these directories:

- /system/priv-app/HWCamera2/
- /system/cameraplugins/
- /system/etc/camera/
- /system/etc/media_profiles.xml

I don't know which of those (if any) would require root access, so if you can pull them all and upload them it would be a big help since we don't know yet what all drives monochrome mode.

Here it is : https://filetrip.net/dl?pog4rWn2NN

Top Liked Posts