OK, quick backstory. Like the other link, none of this is my work and all the people whom I've worked with and confirmed each step of these instructions are working and validated are here:
spotting, clsA, Atarii, faizalotai, BonezMontana, schluk and Sheldd. This is NOT my work, this is the combination of all these guys help. Thank them! If you need any help, please post here. I'll help the best I can, but I've got a 15 month old and between changing diapers and RAGING FITS due to lack of Cheddar Goldfish, I spend my side time flashing like crazy. PLEASE assume all risk and responsibility when following the instructions below. If you mess up, ask for help. I'm not liable. Neither are the guys you should be thanking above for this!
Basic steps are:
1. Unlock the bootloader
2. Flash TWRP
3. Flash SuperSU
4. Fix your BT/NFC (if you have issues)
5. There is extra instruction here as well for AdAway and V4A (Viper4Android)
Follow this link to unlock your bootloader.
1. Go to Huawei's EMUI site and log in. If you need to create a new account, do so. Link here: http://www.emui.com/en/plugin/hwdownload/download
2. Click on the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the site.
3. Underneath the search field you will see a green link that says "Unlock Bootloader". Click it and follow the instructions. You will be asked to enter in several pieces of information about your phone.
4. Once you've filled out all the information, you will receive your unlock code at the bottom of the screen. Write this down and save it. This number will NEVER change.
5. On your Honor 8, go to Settings > About and tap on the Build Number seven times until you unlock the Developer Settings.
6. In Developer Settings, check Enable OEM Unlock.
7. Scroll down a bit more and check USB Debugging.
8. Go to Huawei's site and download their HiSuite and install it. This installs the OFFICIAL Honor 8 USB driver. Link here: http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/..._en/index.html Once the app is installed, you can unselect start with Windows under settings.
9. Plug in your Honor 8 with the provided USB cable. Give it about 45 seconds to install the driver and recognize it. You may need to go to your phone and tap on "Allow File Access". You will be presented with a question asking if you'd always like to trust the computer you just connected to. Select yes, if this is your primary computer you will be working with.
10. Now download the most up to date ADB drivers. A Google employee has created one link to get that and make it easy. Link here: https://developer.android.com/studio...orm-tools.html
11. Open the zip file you just downloaded and create a folder on your computer easy to get to (I recommend c:\ADB) and paste those files there so they are extracted.
12. Now open the folder up in Windows Explorer if you closed it and hold down the Shift key and RIGHT click in the open area and click "Open command window here"
13. Type adb devices and hit enter. You should see a device ID as a response in the window.
14. Type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. Give it a couple of seconds and the phone will load the bootloader.
15. Now type fastboot devices and hit enter. You should see your device ID appear again.
16. LAST CHANCE before it wipes everything and unlocks the booloader!!! Type fastboot oem unlock XXXXXXXXXX (where XXXXXXXXXX is the unlock code you received on step 4) and hit enter. It will ask if you're sure. Once this is done, the phone will wipe your data, unlock the phone and reboot. Your Honor 8's bootloader is now unlocked.
Grab a working copy of TWRP here.
1. Download TWRP into the same folder you used in the steps above (where you're keeping all your files)
2. Navigate in Windows Explorer to this location and hold down the Shift key and RIGHT click in the open area and click "Open command window here"
3. Type adb devices and hit enter. You should see a device ID as a response in the window.
4. Type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. Give it a couple of seconds and the phone will load the bootloader.
5. Now type fastboot devices and hit enter. You should see your device ID appear again.
6. Type fastboot flash recovery frd-twrp.img and hit enter.
7. Once this is complete, unplug your phone.
8. Hold Volume UP and Power at the same time. Release ONLY the Power button after the blue Honor logo appears.
9. You now are booted into TWRP and it's been successfully flashed.
Download the SuperSU SPECIFICALLY FOR NOUGAT here.
1. Boot into TWRP
2. Once there, when asked to keep system read only? - swipe to allow modifications
3. Tap Install
4. Tap Select Storage - Select your SD card
5. Select the supersu file "SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815-EMUI5.0.zip"
6. Swipe to confirm flash
7. Ignore the multiple errors: "Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)
8. Go back to the main menu
9. Select Reboot to Recovery
10. When asked to keep system read only? - swiped to allow modifications (again)
11. Tap Wipe
12. Tap Format Data
13. Type YES then hit enter
14. It will format data using make_ext4fs..
15. When finished, tap Reboot System
16. Reboot back into TWRP
17. Swipe to allow modifications (You can check the box to never show this again)
18. Tap Install
19. Select storage
20. Select your SD card
21. Select the supersu file "SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815-EMUI5.0.zip"
22. Swipe to confirm flash
23. You should see NO ERRORS now when installing SuperSU
24. Wipe cache/dalvik
25. Swipe to wipe
26. Reboot system
Some people are stating that after flashing this fix that they lose their keyboard. I'm throwing up a link here to get the latest GBoard.apk file.
Follow these instructions to fix BT/NFC issues.
This file is for the FRD-L04 ONLY.
Follow these instructions to get AdAway working. This is only instruction, NOT where to download. I suggest F-Droid. Use Google.
Follow these instructions to get Viper working on Nougat.
Follow these instructions to get back to MM. Breathe.. it's actually not that bad at all.
You can find the OFFICIAL files to download on the Honor Support site located HERE.