FORUMS

Honor China release the Oreo upgrade List and Honor 8 is also present

497 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By SSyar, Senior Member on 23rd January 2018, 11:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Honor China release the Oreo upgrade List and Honor 8 is also present in under develop testing
http://club.huawei.com/thread-14997988-1-1.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SSyar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SSyar Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 12:02 PM |#2  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 16

More
EMUI 8. Not Android 8.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Djok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Djok Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 12:24 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
isnt EMUI 8 is based on Android 8
The Following User Says Thank You to SSyar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SSyar Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 01:02 PM |#4  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSyar

isnt EMUI 8 is based on Android 8

I think they will port EMUI 8.0 to Nougat special for us xD
23rd January 2018, 01:08 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djok

we'll have to just wait and watch then., could it be., that it only happens in China :/
23rd January 2018, 01:25 PM |#6  
Honor Champion
Thanks Meter: 558

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djok

I think they'll backport some emui 8 features to a Emui 5.0.2 or so.
And I wish they don't, and release full source instead
23rd January 2018, 02:19 PM |#7  
Honor Enthusiast
Flag Thassos
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Oh, another Honor 8 - Oreo topic! How helpfull !!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tomar777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tomar777 Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 04:22 PM |#8  
Honor Addict
Flag Evansville
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Emui 8 is based off Android 8.0 yes. So this means we should be getting 8.0, otherwise it wouldn't be emui 8 it would still be emui 5 with emui 8 stuff ported over.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

If it is only released in China we could always Flash the China firmware. "Rebrand"
The Following User Says Thank You to damenbm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift damenbm Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 06:45 PM |#9  
Honor Enthusiast
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damenbm

Emui 8 is based off Android 8.0 yes. So this means we should be getting 8.0, otherwise it wouldn't be emui 8 it would still be emui 5 with emui 8 stuff ported over.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

If it is only released in China we could always Flash the China firmware. "Rebrand"

Nope. It was previously stated by official sources that some EMUI8 features could be brought to Honor 8. Mentioning "some features" and omitting Oreo 8.0 doesn't require a PhD to get the right message.
You don't need the Oreo to get SOME features and the look of the skin. But certainty is only achieved at the release time.
23rd January 2018, 07:12 PM |#10  
Honor Addict
Flag Evansville
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinko_pt

Nope. It was previously stated by official sources that some EMUI8 features could be brought to Honor 8. Mentioning "some features" and omitting Oreo 8.0 doesn't require a PhD to get the right message.
You don't need the Oreo to get SOME features and the look of the skin. But certainty is only achieved at the release time.

Are you on something? Cus just cus they bring over emui 8 stuff doesn't mean it's emui 8. I was clearly stating that just cus they bring over emui 8 stuff doesn't make it emui 8 smh.
23rd January 2018, 09:43 PM |#11  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Honor said before that upgrade plans doesn't mean it's the same in a different country, basically everywhere in Europe, Honor is still in testing of the Honor 8 gets Oreo, Honor India said that they will get ported features, now here we see that the Honor 8 is in a list for getting Oreo 8. Where is the problem? If the Chinese one gets Oreo, fine, we can rebrand and get Oreo as well, also it makes development for a custom rom even easier which then should work for every device since everyone has the same specs (apart from the storage options 32 or 64gb).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
honor 8, honor 8 oreo, oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)