FORUMS

[APP] EMUI official 3D camera effect APP

134 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By i2000s, Senior Member on 18th February 2017, 11:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have noticed that the Chinese version of EMUI has the 3D camera plugin while the international version doesn't. There are other missing camera plugin missing on the international versions of EMUI 5, including intelligent recognition of objects and others. But here I can only extra the 3D module from the Chinese EMUI 5 system to you: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...192UVVMM2Z3UUU

To use it, install it following the instruction on my Reddit thread (you have to give proper permission to use it): https://www.reddit.com/r/Honor8/comm...a_photo_in_3d/
Touch and hold the shutter button while moving your camera will take a 3D photo if the plugin is activated.
To view the 3D photo, you have to edit in the Huawei stock Gallery app.
Only tested with Chinese and English interface, your language interface might not be available which I don't know.

Enjoy!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to i2000s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift i2000s Ad-Free
19th February 2017, 02:44 AM |#2  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Hey, I tried it out, thanks, it's super cool.

Unfortunately the 3D package keeps running i the background even after I've killed the camera app, and I'm not a fan of rogue apps, so I uninstalled it.

It does work very well though. Very cool.
19th February 2017, 08:43 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth

Hey, I tried it out, thanks, it's super cool.

Unfortunately the 3D package keeps running i the background even after I've killed the camera app, and I'm not a fan of rogue apps, so I uninstalled it.

It does work very well though. Very cool.

Possibly you can set in the phone manager to shut the app down in sleep mode.
23rd April 2017, 04:17 PM |#4  
Honor Supporter
Houston
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I know this thread is a bit old. I tried this with the latest Honor 8 Android 7 and it worked, but the Gallery doesn't understand how to view them. However, you don't need to do any of this. Just install this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fyusion.fyuse

The name of the APK has fyusion in it, so it looks like this is the same thing except it doesn't integrate in with the stock camera.

Works great!
The Following User Says Thank You to wd5gnr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wd5gnr Ad-Free
29th April 2017, 07:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd5gnr

I know this thread is a bit old. I tried this with the latest Honor 8 Android 7 and it worked, but the Gallery doesn't understand how to view them. However, you don't need to do any of this. Just install this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fyusion.fyuse

The name of the APK has fyusion in it, so it looks like this is the same thing except it doesn't integrate in with the stock camera.

Works great!

Check this out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170430_001302.jpg
Views:	3242
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	4132072  
The Following User Says Thank You to Aristotle Honor 8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aristotle Honor 8 Ad-Free
29th April 2017, 07:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle Honor 8

Check this out...

From gallery itself u can see the 3D effects
1st May 2017, 09:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thax bro work fine to me
2nd May 2017, 11:41 PM |#8  
Honor Supporter
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 368

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2000s

I have noticed that the Chinese version of EMUI has the 3D camera plugin while the international version doesn't. There are other missing camera plugin missing on the international versions of EMUI 5, including intelligent recognition of objects and others. But here I can only extra the 3D module from the Chinese EMUI 5 system to you: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...192UVVMM2Z3UUU

To use it, install it following the instruction on my Reddit thread (you have to give proper permission to use it): https://www.reddit.com/r/Honor8/comm...a_photo_in_3d/
Touch and hold the shutter button while moving your camera will take a 3D photo if the plugin is activated.
To view the 3D photo, you have to edit in the Huawei stock Gallery app.
Only tested with Chinese and English interface, your language interface might not be available which I don't know.

Enjoy!

I have the US version running EMUI 5.0 and it downloaded and installed without an issue. I have the app full permissions and it gave me a shortcut within the stock camera menu. I took a sample image and tried to view and edit it in the stock gallery but it did not work the first time. It only showed a static image. I uninstalled and tried again with no luck the second time either. I gave up and moved on to other things for about 30 minutes. When I opened my gallery for another reason, I saw the cube icon on my photo, clicked on it, and it rendered the full 3D image! I tried it again for 3 more images and they all worked immediately! I have no idea what happened, but I'll take the win!

Thank you for finding and sharing this!
6th May 2017, 08:52 AM |#9  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Works fine on Honor 6x BKN-L21 B360 EU. Installed app,give all permissions and have to reboot. After that icon appears in gallery. Thx
8th May 2017, 06:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey thanks for the link... Works like a charm !!! Just amazing !!!cheers !!!
17th May 2017, 04:01 PM |#11  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Works great! Thank you.
Install the APK once downloaded,
Settings > APP > 3D panorama > Permissions
Check Camera and Storage.
Open Camera
Slide out Mode selection panel > click 3D panorama
Hold shutter button and pan around the object you wish to take picture of, a little ot a lot, depending on how many view points you wish to get, then release the shutter.
If the gallery app does not show the 3D cube icon while viewing the picture, kill the process then reopen.
Easiest way to kill an app is by clicking the Recent app square, then long press the app icon of the app you wish to kill on the app selection panel, that will bring you to it's App Info page, where you can click Force Stop. Cheers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3d camera, emui 5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)