Here you will find tweaks that should make your Honor 8 camera even better.
Hoping to get better quality out of this phone & seeing no real mod work happening, I decided to tackle improving this camera for myself. I have tested my tweaks extensively in all modes with my Honor 8 FRD-L04 model ever since I got it back in December of last year. I am confident that this tweak gives us the best performance out of our camera(s) without compromising the complex nature of how the dual sensor stuff works.
What does this mod do :
Basically, you should have in general better resolved photos with more detail, dynamic range, better low light performance and overall exposure handling. You will also have slightly higher quality video as well.
Enhancement Tweak Version 1
Full details of this tweak outlined below to the stock Honor 8 camera :
- Jpg Compression Quality set to 100%
- Larger Image Buffer
- Higher Bitrate 1080p Video Recording (28mbps)
- Better Chroma Conversion between B&W & Colour Sensor
- Higher rate of B&W Sensor Detail mixed with blend matrix
- Larger colour information flow from colour sensor in blend matrix
- Better overall handling of ISO exposure settings
- Better low light performance
- Less noise in low ISO
- More aggressive handling of high ISO aliasing
- Extra frame of bracketing for HDR modes
Hit Here for a sample of the results from this tweak :
Note : Your images will now be significantly larger then before, on average between 6 to 8megs and over 12 to 16megs using DOF Focus mode.
Videos will also have larger filesizes as the bitrate has increased.
Hit Here for a sample of the file sizes & bitrate reported from this tweak :
Question: Does it work on nougat?
Answer: Even tho Im using Marshmallow, it seems to work on my friends phone with nougat but Im not guaranteeing it as I don’t know if any of the camera dependent system files changed.
Question: What is all this stuff and do you even know what your doing?
Answer : Sure……………
Question: How do I know what all this funkiness does and if it all works?
Answer: Im bloody magic, that’s how.
Question: Can you get the black & white sensor only to work like the P9?
Answer: No More Questions!
Please keep in mind that even tho my tweak works amazeballz on my phone, I can not be held responsible for any damage, craziness, you phone getting drunk at night and having sex with your girlfriend or even Trump getting angry at you and causing thermonuclear war. Please back up your system partition, nandroid, hemorrhoid or polaroid your phone to be safe before flashing strange zips barring candy.
Steps for installation :
You Obviously need to be rooted with custom recovery.
1) Restart in TWRP
2) Make a backup – nandroid etc.
3) Flash my zip file - Note - Make sure you have mounted r/w all required partitions - Thanks @cvkef
5) Phone boots up and camera claims to know where the arc of the covenant is
- Joking! But … Camera should be working as advertised
Update 1 - Included now is a zip to flash back to stock settings
Thanks to @Telperion for the files to flash back to stock
Update 2 - Magisk Support!
Thanks to @Telperion there is now a Magisk Module attached below for this tweak!
Hope you enjoy my mod! Keep fit and have fun!
( - See Below for files to download - )