@oslo83 for the big help.
@OldDroid for EMUI Flasher tool.
@ante0 his tricks worked when I ended up with incorrect build number
- Do not try to debrand from cn/all to other variant as that may lead to FRP lock status.
- Do not reboot after flashing the oeminfo or it may brick the phone.
i.e. once oeminfo is edited, phone may brick :
- if device is rebooted with its original region stock firmware
- if wrong region firmware is selected in EMUI FLASHER
- if downgrading
- if flashing wrong packages
- Unlocked and Rooted Honor 8X (root from here)
- Backup of your data via Hisuite or TB backup or other tools.
- Files for the new model (JSN-L21/L42 variant)
- Free Storage around 8 GB space.
Main update zip here
Data zip here
(Optional) Public Zip here
For JSN-L21 EU version
Main zip here
Data zip here
(Optional) Public zip from here
- Root your phone using this guide
- Install EMUI flasher downloaded but do not run it. (just click on done once installed)
- Copy the firmware to internal memory
- copy oeminfo binary to internal memory
- on PC, go to adb folder, shift+right click, open command prompt here and type -
adb shell su (please grant root on your phone at this step) mkdir /data/local/tmp mv /sdcard/oeminfo /data/local/tmp cd /data/local/tmp chmod +x oeminfo ./oeminfo JSN-L21 C432 hw/eu (if you want to debrand to EU version) ./oeminfo JSN-L42 C675 hw/in (if you want to debrand to Indian version)
- Run the EMUI flasher app you installed earlier, give root persmission.
- It will prompt for download of a file around 26 MB (no-check recovery), install it.
- Select the respective firmwares from you internal memory based on the region you want to debrand/rebrand to (Update.zip, update_full_JSN-L21_hw_eu.zip and update_data_full_public.zip or update.zip, update_full_JSN-L42_hw_in.zip and update_data_full_public.zip
- Click on the arrow or download symbol and EMUI flasher will start flashing the firmwares. (may take 10 minutes)
- It may take few minutes to complete the update procedure in recovery, device will reboot automatically and will perform the factory reset.
- once booted, your phone should be on the new region.