- Applicable for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- This will only root your phone with Magisk. and no other fancy stuff (Safety status may not be true)
- If you need TWRP installation as well, please follow here
- This requires an unlocked bootlaoder so if you have the code proceed, else it is available via paid services only.
Enable the developer option in settings-
- Go to Settings--> About Phone-->Tab build number 7 times to enable this setting.
- Go back in setting page, check for Developer Options
- Scroll for the debugging section and enable the USB Debugging
- You will be prompted for the confirmation with RSA key, just accept it.
- Enable OEM Unlock in Developer Options
- Please note down you build number, this may become handy in case something goes wrong to restore your phone via DLOAD. In Settings- About phone- Build Number
- have your stock boot.img (Ramdiskig) handy from update.app file of your current firmware.
Installation of required Drivers.
- Connect your phone to PC and install Hi Suite on PC and it will additionally install all the necessary drivers to PC and HiSUite on Mobile.
- Download and Install ADB from Link
- Accept all the prompts and install ADB drive system wise.
- Once installation is completed, if default options are chosen, it will be under C:\adb
Unlocking the bootloader-
- Backup all your data as unlocking the bootloader will reset the device and all your data will be erased.
- On windows machine, go to folder C:\adb or wherever you installed the adb drivers.
- Press shift+right click together and select Open command prompt here (it will be open PowerShell here on Windows 8 and Windows 10 machine)
- Run - adb reboot bootloader (this command may prompt for acceptance of RSA key if not already accepted)
- This will boot the phone into bootloader mode.
- Run - fastboot oem unlock <16 digit unlock code > (This step will unlock the bootloader and will erase all your data)
- Phone will restart automatically.
Install latest Magisk Manager from the Official Thread or directly from here
Press Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File, and select your stock boot image file
Magisk Manager will now patch your boot image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/Download/patched_boot.img
Pull the patched image with adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img, and flash the patched ramdisk via fastboot:
fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img
Reboot and you shall have a rooted device
Credits- Thanks to @topjohnwu for Magisk.
@ante0 for his patience and guidance always