EMUI 9 update & Google Play Services on Honor 8X china version

Search This thread

Petros17

Jun 1, 2019
Play Store on EMUI 9 - solved

I updated my Honor 8X (JSN-AL00a) several days ago to the new EMUI 9 and it's a real mess because it's impossible now to install and to use Google Play Services throught GMS Installer
Any solution for that ?

Folks - I have a solution which worked for me. I was on a brink of rollback, then I've read this forum post: www[dot]oscrunch[dot]com/2019/04/11/download-and-install-play-store-on-emui-9

Basically - on EMUI 9 you don't even need GMS installer, just install play store apk (there's a link in the forum post above). I've registered just to let you know - I was frustrated for this, and the solution is trivial

Adool_7

Jul 8, 2018
What is your phone number?

Folks - I have a solution which worked for me. I was on a brink of rollback, then I've read this forum post: www[dot]oscrunch[dot]com/2019/04/11/download-and-install-play-store-on-emui-9

Basically - on EMUI 9 you don't even need GMS installer, just install play store apk (there's a link in the forum post above). I've registered just to let you know - I was frustrated for this, and the solution is trivial

Your phone Chinese version on emiu9? Google services work or not? Please answer me

Escaped boy

Jun 11, 2019
GMS Installer 2.0 & Google Installer

I updated my Honor 8X (JSN-AL00a) several days ago to the new EMUI 9 and it's a real mess because it's impossible now to install and to use Google Play Services throught GMS Installer
Any solution for that ?

Hi there! I've solved this issue with mine, same as yours JSN AL00a. You need to meet 3 requirements and then i'll work with all google apps.
1st, you must have your system version as EMUI 8.2. Means if you upgraded it to EMUI 9.0, then you need to downgrade it back to 8.2.
2nd, download and run GMS Installer 2.0, this will provide the phone condition to run google framework and google account
3rd. download run Google Installer, it will install as one whole package of all google apps including google play.

remember! this solution only works on EMUI 8.2 and former version.

Zanr Zij

Nov 28, 2010
Halong Bay
www.maychuchuyendung.vn
Hi there! I've solved this issue with mine, same as yours JSN AL00a. You need to meet 3 requirements and then i'll work with all google apps.

1st, you must have your system version as EMUI 8.2. Means if you upgraded it to EMUI 9.0, then you need to downgrade it back to 8.2.

2nd, download and run GMS Installer 2.0, this will provide the phone condition to run google framework and google account

3rd. download run Google Installer, it will install as one whole package of all google apps including google play.

remember! this solution only works on EMUI 8.2 and former version.
We need solution for EMUI 9.0/9.1 not 8.2. On EMUI 8.2, it's easy to get Play Store/Services work fine!

It seem Play Service completly removed on 8x/8x Max EMUI 9. On my Mate 20X EVR-AL00 Play Service core still there, just upgrade + install some stuff to activate it

Sent from my EVR-AL00 using Tapatalk

v100ev

Jul 7, 2019
So I have the same problem on my P10+.
EMUI 9 does not wan to work with google account for me.
I have a kind of fix for that.
So basically I wanted to install the alternative YouTube - YouTube Vanced - and it needed the MicroG for it (got the modified version for the YouTube Vanced app, but. probably, the original version will do just fine).
After that I was able to log in my Google account and Chrome and YouTube (even the original App) used it without problems.
Now the Google Play does not want to work but I don't need it anyway (Huawei store + apkpure app and that's all).
So, the MicroG kinda helps but not for all Google services it seems. But I haven't tried all the MicroG services - maybe those can be used for full Google operation on EMUI 9.

ndminh82

Apr 24, 2013
hanoi
We need solution for EMUI 9.0/9.1 not 8.2. On EMUI 8.2, it's easy to get Play Store/Services work fine!

It seem Play Service completly removed on 8x/8x Max EMUI 9. On my Mate 20X EVR-AL00 Play Service core still there, just upgrade + install some stuff to activate it

Sent from my EVR-AL00 using Tapatalk

I have just tried many methods for EMUI 9.1 but not success.

I think only Huawei can help to solve this buggy.

JoeMarvel

Dec 28, 2014
I had to roll back to EMUI 8.2 as I await a solution. The phone's useless without Google play services.

olojotob

May 3, 2015
Keep updating your phone like adool_7 said to build 213 android version 9.1 you will be able to install google play by download the Chinese app from http://www.lzplay.net/ and running it on your phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825_221513.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825_221513.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 502
  • Screenshot_20190825_221444.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825_221444.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 498
  • Screenshot_20190825_221430_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825_221430_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 492

Amruthapps

Sep 27, 2019
Google play services not working after emui 9 update on honor 8x max

Solution is to download aptoide and download the previous version of google play services, not the latest. After that, download one by one Google apps there itself. Worked for me. Switch off auto software update in settings.

beepxbeep

Jan 5, 2007
Hi Honor User,
I tried this and works on the China Honor 8x
bit[dot]ly/2Wws5BY
Good Luck

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Phone bought from China two years ago. Google services worked only after using GMSInstaller. After updating from EMUI 8 to 9, Play store dissappeared. What I described fixed it.

try bit.ly/2Wws5BY

Top Liked Posts