FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Honor 8x dead, won't turn on nor charge

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Dcell_1t, Junior Member on 6th August 2019, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, hopefully you can help me to troubleshoot my problem.

I've purchased a Honor 8x (64GB+4 RAM, SJN-L23, International version - no warranty) on May for my wife as mother's day present, the phone has been great until yesterday... she was using it regularly, suddenly the screen was frozen so she turned off the phone, what was weird is that the phone shut down without the classic "Shut down or restart" query, after that the phone won't turn on, the phone had enough charge (around 40%).

As a classic troubleshoot, I tried several combinations of: press power button for 10+ seconds, press volume down+power button 10+ seconds, volume up+power button 10+ seconds, actually the 10+seconds went up to a few minutes pressed with no success.
I left the phone overnight charging, although no light was turned on (we tried with other phones and the charger/cable was working properly) and re-tested with the several-button combinations with no success as well

I tried to contact amazon and they were not able to refund for my item since the purchase was almost three months ago, and I'm not able to send it for service with Huawei since is the "No-warranty" version, this is actually the third Honor (5x, 6x now 8x) "international version No-warranty" the other two still working like a charm.

I refuse to have a $200 brick, so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Greetings from Mexico.

11th August 2019, 01:08 PM |#2  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I think Amazon should replace the phone if it was a direct Amazon sale and not Marketplace.
14th August 2019, 01:37 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for your reply, I've contacted Amazon and unfortunately there is no way to return the item according to their policies so I'm stuck with a ~3 months old brick.

Since the phone is almost lost I'm not afraid of give it a shot, I will disassemble it in order to "remove" the battery (unhook the ribbon cable from the PCB), I've recovered some old phones that way hopefully does the trick.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)