FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Honor 8X MAX English ROM available?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fmiralles, Junior Member on 20th October 2018, 08:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks:

I just got a Honor 8X MAX (7.12 inch screen), and am looking for an English-based ROM. Does anyone out there know if this is available and how to get it? Thanks very much.
20th October 2018, 09:09 PM |#2  
Flag tenbury wells
Thanks Meter: 358

More
I doubt there will be any firmware made avaliable anytime soon honor are very slow and tend not to release full stock download zips there's nothing for 8x you could try firmware finder on app store but currently nothing even for 8x and doesn't really work any more to flash firmware, FunkyHuawei may also have firmware but seeing as such new device may take some time for them to appear even full stock firmware, Not sure what else to suggest is it running a Chinese firmware or summit?

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk
20th October 2018, 09:12 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobyDroid

I doubt there will be any firmware made avaliable anytime soon honor are very slow and tend not to release full stock download zips there's nothing for 8x you could try firmware finder on app store but currently nothing even for 8x and doesn't really work any more to flash firmware, FunkyHuawei may also have firmware but seeing as such new device may take some time for them to appear even full stock firmware, Not sure what else to suggest is it running a Chinese firmware or summit?

Thanks for your response. What you say makes sense. The one I have has a Chinese firmware on it, and allows to change languages, so it isn't too bad. However, I'd like to get an English keyboard installed (probably will have to do this via an app), and other things like that. Nothing major. Thanks again!
20th October 2018, 09:27 PM |#4  
Flag tenbury wells
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Yer that's possible even if no play store can just install via apk Google keyboard or SwiftKey
my one pet hate with honor is the amount of different region builds makes it hard to get right firmware there's so so many if and when they do appear, very rare they even supply firmware files on there website or can take 6 months , and if only they allowed us to unlock bootloader we would eventually have custom roms and be able to flash treble gsi, but until then we are limited to stock devs just won't bother with new Huawei /honor devices sad times

30th October 2018, 07:24 PM |#5  

More
honor8x max
do u guys have problem with some aps to instiall..
offerup and letgo cant instiall on my 8x max with china version...
are u succesfull ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
honor-8x-max

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)