Ask the Honor 8X Product Manager a Question and Win an Honor 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XDARoni

XDA Community Manager
yos9gS3.jpg

As many of you probably know, XDA has an ongoing partnership with Honor that helps to drive Honor's relation with the community. As many of you probably know, XDA has an ongoing partnership with Honor that helps to drive Honor's relation with the community. While Honor has officially ended their bootloader unlock program, we've partnered with them to relaunch the program for XDA users. Hundreds of codes have already been sent out with many more on the way.*

Once again, Honor wants to hear directly from you and answer your questions about the Honor 8X. So in this thread, leave your detailed and unique questions to be answered by the Honor 8X Product Manager. Also, feel free to leave your thoughts and feelings about the Honor 8X in this thread.

As a way of Honor giving back to the community, five users from this thread will be chosen to win a bluetooth headset. One winner will be chosen to get a free Honor 10.

Main Prize: Honor 10 (1)
Secondary Prize: Bluetooth Headset (5)

Please make your questions meaningful and avoid any spam. Keep your questions related to the Honor 8X. Questions will be accepted until 11/21/18.

Update: Thanks for participating in the thread! Winners will be contacted via DM.

We thank Honor for sponsoring this post. Our sponsors help us pay for the many costs associated with running XDA, including server costs, full time developers, news writers, and much more. While you might see sponsored content (which will always be labeled as such) alongside Portal content, the Portal team is in no way responsible for these posts. Sponsored content, advertising and XDA Depot are managed by a separate team entirely. XDA will never compromise its journalistic integrity by accepting money to write favorably about a company, or alter our opinions or views in any way. Our opinion cannot be bought.

Last edited:

moolash

Mar 10, 2009
Question at the end. :)
Being a true Honor user having a Honor 8 right now after a Honor 6 and also having a Honor 9 in the family I do not see why for example the Honor 8 did not get Oreo even though the specs allow the upgrade. In fact it is supposed to get it (there was even a petition started for this) however it is massively delayed - if it ever comes. I sure know the answer from a marketing and sales perspective: there were so many new Honor phones being released the company wanted to push these users to buy a new model. This often however turn users away from the brand rather than buying a new model. Many feel cheated not having at least 2 years until the device goes end of life.
So the question: Is the above about to happen with the Honor 8X aswell?

Last edited:
Reactions: PrettyPistol555

sjrmac

Nov 16, 2016
Will Huawei commit to timely updates and keep up with OTA updates over the officially supported time span including major Android version upgrades?

I'm sure many people are looking for a answer to this along with being more open with the developer community, since that makes up a good chunk of why people choose a specific brand or OEM to purchase from.

Is the developer community a factor that Huawei will consider to be a important aspect that will grow and hopefully leave trust in existing and potential users for the 8X?

-fluffy-

Aug 24, 2008
Gislev
As many of you probably know, XDA has an ongoing partnership with Honor that helps to drive Honor's relation with the community. As many of you probably know, XDA has an ongoing partnership with Honor that helps to drive Honor's relation with the community. While Honor has officially ended their bootloader unlock program, we've partnered with them to relaunch the program for XDA users. Hundreds of codes have already been sent out with many more on the way.*

Once again, Honor wants to hear directly from you and answer your questions about the Honor 8X. So in this thread, leave your detailed and unique questions to be answered by the Honor 8X Product Manager. Also, feel free to leave your thoughts and feelings about the Honor 8X in this thread.

As a way of Honor giving back to the community, five users from this thread will be chosen to win a bluetooth headset. One winner will be chosen to get a free Honor 10.

Please make your questions meaningful and avoid any spam. Keep your questions related to the Honor 8X.

We thank Honor for sponsoring this post. Our sponsors help us pay for the many costs associated with running XDA, including server costs, full time developers, news writers, and much more. While you might see sponsored content (which will always be labeled as such) alongside Portal content, the Portal team is in no way responsible for these posts. Sponsored content, advertising and XDA Depot are managed by a separate team entirely. XDA will never compromise its journalistic integrity by accepting money to write favorably about a company, or alter our opinions or views in any way. Our opinion cannot be bought.
my Q is i was close to buy one honor x8 but then i saw that i doesnt have lte band 20 will there be an update there support band 20 ?

Ernesst

Nov 8, 2015
I think this is a good opportunity for Honor to prove the official updates are as good as custom builds.
So my question is about the new Honor 8X:
Does the company seek to create such a competitive situation?

Ron1209

Nov 24, 2015
Mumbai
The question (s) I have are mostly about how Honor 8X improves upon its predecessor,

Firstly, Honor is associated with value for money and most of your devices, including the Honor Play and the newly launched Honor 8X are priced very competitively and offer a lot of value while having very few corners cut. How do you do this, and where do you draw the line to cut corners?

Second, AI is the buzzword these days and Honor was one of the first OEMs to introduce AI in various parts of the software. What new AI based features does Honor plan to bring to the 8X?

The Kirin 710 inside the 8X does pack a punch over the Kirin 659 on the 7X and while synthetic benchmarks do show the improved performance and efficiency, benchmarks don't always tell the entire story. How does the newer chip fare better?

The 8X does have stiff competition from other OEMs, what is one key aspect where the 8X blows the competition?

iamsloany

Dec 9, 2011
swansea
OnePlus 7 Pro
Being an owner of many different Honor devices in the past, I'm now the current owner of a freshly imported Honor Note 10 in the UK (it's 23hrs old at time of writing this, I'm very happy with it)

1. What made the powers that be in the Honor HQ decide the note 10 should be a China/Asia exclusive device? I think this would have really expanded the Honor/Huawei customer/fanbase if there were to be an EU/International variant, this could have given the public something else to consider besides the Samsung Galaxys & iPhones, especially with Honor's attractive pricing and competitive specs (the Honor play wasn't what the UK or me more to the point was expecting at IFA 2018, I was quite let down by the announcement of it and not the Note 10)

2. Bootloaders being locked or not offering unlock codes etc..., I don't really understand why OEM's decide the public can't modify they're property that they paid for to do as they wish, if they break it they pay for it to be fixed, same as a broken screen if you get me

3. As a representative of Honor, how closely do you or your colleagues work with XDA admins/members?

4. Does Honor take positive/negative feedback professionally from XDA and put a plan of action in place, this can be for future updates, designs which also may include innovation for Emui or does Honor just use the programmers in the think-tank at HQ (we can be collectively quite resourceful & helpful on here)

Nov 21, 2016
Does it haw big anntenas to get god 4G signal in dors.
Do someone who buy phones local whit higher price than internet shop get better protection or acesorys- ever.

Ganisetti Satish

Nov 13, 2018
Hyderabad
Hello Sir
First of all one thing is for sure that is " Honor 8x is the best looking phone in that price segment".
No other mobile in that segment can give competition to Honor 8x.

But my suggestion is to please fill up small gaps which are very important to make Honor 8x (or) upcoming Honor 9x as numbere one smartphone in that price segment.
They are:
1. Increase Sound volume. The sound is very low.
2. Please reduce saturation levels in camera. Photos are not showing natural colours.
3. Please introduce type-C port and quick charge 3 support in the upcoming Honor X (Honor 9x) series.
Thanking you

Last edited:

mahir555

Nov 20, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Nexus 6
Hi . Thank you for giving us this chance to contact with a honor representative .

I want to ask specifically about the software update policy for the honor 8X . When do you plan to end the software update support for this device?

Thank you.

karige

Apr 15, 2016
What do you get when bootloader is locked and unlockable? Don't say it for security reasons.

nezlek

Jun 13, 2016
Warsaw, PL
Not good enough

"While Honor has officially ended their bootloader unlock program, we've partnered with them to relaunch the program for XDA users."

A program to provide rather limited options to a small subset of a total user population is not adequate. It leaves many (self included) with a distinct impression that the ONLY reason this is done is to suppress a voice of dissent from an influential user community by tossing them a bone to shut them up.

Why not have the wisdom, integrity and, for lack of a better word, courage, to simply drop the buzzwords, stop beating around the bush, and ultimately stop driving many of your potential customers over to Xiaomi and other vendors offering competitive prices and hardware features along with far more enlightened policies with respect to bootloader unlocking ?

smallmj

Nov 29, 2013
Will the Honor 8X be released in Canada? We can import the US version of the 7X from newegg.ca, but it would be nice to see a real distrubution channel in the Great White North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yos9gS3.jpg

Please make your questions meaningful and avoid any spam. Keep your questions related to the Honor 8X. Questions will be accepted until 11/21/18.

Update: Thanks for participating in the thread! Winners will be contacted via DM.

Can you explain, why Honor has a partnership with XDA and at the same time blocks development by no longer giving bootloader unlock to users?
    We can unlock bootloader by visiting service center, confirmed by honor moderator... Ss attached
    Will Huawei commit to timely updates and keep up with OTA updates over the officially supported time span including major Android version upgrades?

I'm sure many people are looking for a answer to this along with being more open with the developer community, since that makes up a good chunk of why people choose a specific brand or OEM to purchase from.

Is the developer community a factor that Huawei will consider to be a important aspect that will grow and hopefully leave trust in existing and potential users for the 8X?
    Is the winner announced? Or am I missing something?