FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to install custom global rom on honor 8x Chinese Variant?

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Me hasan, Junior Member on 26th April 2019, 08:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Chinese variants of EMUI 9 have lots of problems with Google play service,
Google play store Isn't working, .
As a non-chinese there is no use of a smartphone without Google play Service,
So i need to install custom global Rom in my Honor8X(JSN-AL00a),
How to do it?
 
 
26th April 2019, 09:37 AM |#2  
shashank1320's Avatar
Honor Supporter
Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,040
 
Donate to Me
More
Bootloader unlocked? Rooted?
If yes, you can rebrand to other regions.
27th April 2019, 09:38 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
But my device is JSN-AL00a,
Debranding possibl?
29th April 2019, 06:30 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me hasan

But my device is JSN-AL00a,
Debranding possibl?

No its not possible. Because there is no method to unlock the bootloader. Nobody can sell you the code anymore. I have the same problem. We're stuck. The only solution is to change to a different phone.
5th May 2019, 04:41 PM |#5  
stallionrider21's Avatar
Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Use hcu-client to unlock bootloader.i have 8x max I unlocked by paying 4 euros
8th May 2019, 12:43 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionrider21

Use hcu-client to unlock bootloader.i have 8x max I unlocked by paying 4 euros

When did you unlock it?
9th May 2019, 08:27 PM |#7  
stallionrider21's Avatar
Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chermosh

When did you unlock it?

Two weeks ago. U can check out their website for supported models
10th May 2019, 06:45 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaiman

No its not possible. Because there is no method to unlock the bootloader. Nobody can sell you the code anymore. I have the same problem. We're stuck. The only solution is to change to a different phone.

Wait what?? I thought Funky Huawei or other sites provided the bootloader code? Is this not the case anymore?
13th May 2019, 01:08 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
hi
i don t think so because it s write on DC unlock only phone under android 8, and i try with HCU for honor note 10 and it can t read my phone.
14th May 2019, 09:07 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdmca

Wait what?? I thought Funky Huawei or other sites provided the bootloader code? Is this not the case anymore?

Correct, these sites no longer have a solution to unlock Honor 8X. I have personally inquired from all of them. I am willing to pay but nobody at the moment has a workaround.
16th May 2019, 04:39 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaiman

Correct, these sites no longer have a solution to unlock Honor 8X. I have personally inquired from all of them. I am willing to pay but nobody at the moment has a workaround.

First of all I'm hating myself for procrastinating this when I could have done it months ago, **** me

Second of all, why is that? They had support for many months, why withdraw it now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes