FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Multitasking/RAM

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,718

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 4th September 2018, 06:37 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
You're busy and don't have time to wait, which is why you need to stop reading this thread and get back to organizing your Pogs. Rate this thread to express how the Honor 8X performs when multitasking. A higher rating indicates that the Honor 8X keeps many apps in memory so that they don't need to reload, and that when moving between apps, transitions are smooth and performance is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

24th December 2018, 03:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
can easily switch between applications. but yes, EMUI kills app in background like FB, twitter though not a big deal for me
27th December 2018, 01:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor_Fan

can easily switch between applications. but yes, EMUI kills app in background like FB, twitter though not a big deal for me

there is not solution for that? emui sucks in that way with multitasking always? i cannot decide between honor 8x or Redmi note 6 pro
29th December 2018, 10:04 AM |#4  
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aang741

there is not solution for that? emui sucks in that way with multitasking always? i cannot decide between honor 8x or Redmi note 6 pro

I agree that EMUI is a bit weak but you know what really sucks its the REDMI NOTE 6 PRO
7th January 2019, 08:53 AM |#5  

More
Quote:

No. Honor 8X is good choice. Don't mind those social media applications are closing. Not a big deal

Sent from my Honor 8X using XDA Labs
8th January 2019, 09:18 PM |#6  
Flag Košice, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Honor 8x is great at holding many apps in background (10 apps and more with 2 games...it may hold more because 2,5 GB were still available) but you have to disable one setting called App launch under the Battery settings.
13th January 2019, 06:52 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZohanRash

I agree that EMUI is a bit weak but you know what really sucks its the REDMI NOTE 6 PRO

what are the reasons to say that?
14th January 2019, 02:02 AM |#8  
Flag Assam
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:

what are the reasons to say that?

I don't really dislike Redmi note 6 pro but I have handled that device and I feel Honor 8x is better. Purely for software point of view, EMUI felt more natural and matured than MIUI. On 8.2, I haven't came across any issue that I felt like reporting whereas in MIUI there are such issues that you won't even know how to explain it properly and it goes months within any fix.
18th January 2019, 07:06 AM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Redmi Note 6Pro is not that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debanka

I don't really dislike Redmi note 6 pro but I have handled that device and I feel Honor 8x is better. Purely for software point of view, EMUI felt more natural and matured than MIUI. On 8.2, I haven't come across any issue that I felt like reporting whereas in MIUI there are such issues that you won't even know how to explain it properly and it goes months within any fix.

If you see Redmi Note 6Pro has Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Chipset and Honor 8X has HiSilicon Kirin 710 Chipset, where Honor 8X has Mali-G51 MP4 Graphics and Redmi Note 6 Pro has Adreno 509. Rest all are mostly the same or similar.
18th January 2019, 02:13 PM |#10  
Flag Assam
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Green

If you see Redmi Note 6Pro has Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Chipset and Honor 8X has HiSilicon Kirin 710 Chipset, where Honor 8X has Mali-G51 MP4 Graphics and Redmi Note 6 Pro has Adreno 509. Rest all are mostly the same or similar.

As I have used miui extensively I can tell that EMUI is a more differentiating factor for me.
21st August 2019, 04:55 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoda9635

Honor 8x is great at holding many apps in background (10 apps and more with 2 games...it may hold more because 2,5 GB were still available) but you have to disable one setting called App launch under the Battery settings.

Can you sent me a SS about that option? thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)