Huawei Recovery Updater
- Flash official firmware zip files
- Can detect if firmware locks bootloader
- Can detect if firmware wipes data
Tested up to STF-L09C432B369
Tested up to STF-L09C432B362
It's recommended to use a proper custom recovery (with running oeminfo_nvm_server service) like for example my version of TWRP.
How to use:
Warning: Make sure you know what you are doing and do not flash firmware from other devices.
- Download firmware files (for official firmware use Huawei Firmware Finder).
- Put files you want to flash in a seperate folder on sdcard.
Supported zip files to flash are (name must match):
- update.zip (use FullOTA file)
- Optional: Put recovery.img in same folder if you want to keep custom recovery.
- Put HuRUpdater zip in same folder. Example:
- Select only HuRUpdater to flash in custom recovery.
- Follow instructions on screen. Flashing can take multiple minutes.
- If firmware includes factory reset
- Factory reset is not supported by custom recovery. Therefore HuRUpdater will flash stock recovery before launching factory reset. After flashing firmware and doing factory reset, you need to flash recovery manually.
- Honor 9
- Honor View 10 (confirmed* by Rommco05)
- Huawei P9 Lite (confirmed* by Tecalote)
- Huawei P9 (confirmed* by Tecalote)
- Huawei P Smart (confirmed* by flibblesan)
- Huawei Mate 9 (confirmed* by ante0)
- Huawei Mate 10 (confirmed* by Tecalote)
- Huawei P20 (confirmed* by realz88)
- Honor 8 (confirmed* by [email protected])
- Huawei P8 Lite (2017) (confirmed* by neverdies)
- Honor 6X (confirmed* by siddhrsh)
- Huawei Mediapad M5 (confirmed* by ZeuseZ)
- Other Huawei/Honor? Try and let me know
Post full /tmp/recovery.log file in comments
Thanks to all testers who report new devices working. Especially big thanks to @Tecalote who provided me with extensive testing / logs and found bugs.
HuRUpdater for Honor, Tool/Utility for the Honor 9
Last Updated 2018-09-23