Thanks Meter: 5,161

By zxz0O0, Senior Member on 27th March 2018, 09:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2019, 01:27 PM |#1191  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berbascum

Ok. The first commit is discard a hard brick.

If it works, you can unbrick the device with dload mode.

Dou you know the model and variant of your Honor 9?

The phone it's able to upgrade with download mode but i try various firmware put in the sd card inside the dload cartel. But every firmware stop at 30/34% someone stop at begining 5%.
i think the model it's honor 9 STF-L09
maybe i wrong firmware but i can't try every firmware variant ther's a lot from 7 to 9 version of android
16th April 2019, 07:01 PM |#1192  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gengo69

The phone it's able to upgrade with download mode but i try various firmware put in the sd card inside the dload cartel. But every firmware stop at 30/34% someone stop at begining 5%.
i think the model it's honor 9 STF-L09
maybe i wrong firmware but i can't try every firmware variant ther's a lot from 7 to 9 version of android

The service firmware version that you need should be at least the same version, but also can be any upper version.

If you don't need a specific firmware version, the best solution is try installing the last Pie firmware available.
You only need to know your device variant. For example, a European region device has the C432 variant code.
For a list of variant codes and regions, you can visit this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/...-t3418653/amp/

I have checked in androidhost.ru and there is only two Pie service firmare versions, one for russian variant (163 version) and other one for european (162 version):

- Russian: HUAWEI HONOR 9 STF-L09 HW RU HLRCF STANFORD-L09 9.0.1.163(C10E2R1P6T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.0.1 05014NTT [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
- https://androidhost.ru/1JVI

-European: HUAWEI HONOR 9 STF-L09 HW EU HLRCF STANFORD-L09 9.0.1.162(C432E2R1P5T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.0.1 05014NRL [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
- https://androidhost.ru/TTy

If you have an other variant, yo need to search for the last Oreo version.

Best Regards.
16th April 2019, 09:57 PM |#1193  

More
Quote:

The service firmware version that you need should be at least the same version, but also can be any upper version.

- Russian: HUAWEI HONOR 9 STF-L09 HW RU HLRCF STANFORD-L09 9.0.1.163(C10E2R1P6T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.0.1 05014NTT [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
- https://androidhost.ru/1JVI

-European: HUAWEI HONOR 9 STF-L09 HW EU HLRCF STANFORD-L09 9.0.1.162(C432E2R1P5T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.0.1 05014NRL [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
- https://androidhost.ru/TTy

If you have an other variant, yo need to search for the last Oreo version.

Best Regards.

Sure i have an european variant so c432 ...but i try both firmware and both get an error on 30-34 %
16th April 2019, 10:42 PM |#1194  

More
Quote:

Sure i have an european variant so c432 ...but i try both firmware and both get an error on 30-34 %

Are you sure that the device can not boot in bootloader mode?
18th April 2019, 03:55 AM |#1195  

More
Quote:

Are you sure that the device can not boot in bootloader mode?

yes..i try more and more times
19th April 2019, 02:20 PM |#1196  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Hey everyone,

I am currently on version 385 that I flashed using this tool. I just got a message that there is a system update for me for Android Pie. Should I allow the system to update to Pie? Will it create any problems since I have flashed 385 using this tool? Do you know what would happen to bootloader and root if I allow the update?

Any information is very much appreciated.
21st April 2019, 01:01 PM |#1197  

More
Quote:

yes..i try more and more times

Just for being sure. The steps for booting in fastboot:
- You need the USB cable connected on PC.
- Power off the device form shutdown option in eRecovery.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Press and hold volume down button. With same hand, press and hold Power button.
- With two button pressed IMMEDIATELY connect the usb cable on device (with the other hand!)

If fastboot works, you can read the firmware version on your device.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiboby

Hey everyone,

I am currently on version 385 that I flashed using this tool. I just got a message that there is a system update for me for Android Pie. Should I allow the system to update to Pie? Will it create any problems since I have flashed 385 using this tool? Do you know what would happen to bootloader and root if I allow the update?

Any information is very much appreciated.

As far as I know, before installing an OTA update, you need to unroot the device, and flash the stock recovery image.

I don't know if HuRUpdater does something else that needs to be reverted before updating.
The Following User Says Thank You to berbascum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berbascum Ad-Free
21st April 2019, 02:26 PM |#1198  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:

- Wait 5 seconds.
- Press and hold volume down button. With same hand, press and hold Power button.
- With two button pressed IMMEDIATELY connect the usb cable on device (with the other hand!)

If fastboot works, you can read the firmware version on your device.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

As far as I know, before installing an OTA update, you need to unroot the device, and flash the stock recovery image.

I don't know if HuRUpdater does something else that needs to be reverted before updating.

So should I redownload version 385 from Firmware finder and flash it? How would I do so without HuRUpdater?
21st April 2019, 03:07 PM |#1199  
Honor Champion
Thanks Meter: 542

More
Quote:

- Wait 5 seconds.
- With two button pressed IMMEDIATELY connect the usb cable on device (with the other hand!).

Simpler : power off, plug USB cable to PC and phone, push and keep vol-, push power until it powers on in fastboot mode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pix106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pix106 Ad-Free
21st April 2019, 06:51 PM |#1200  
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven360

What don't you understand about this? It can only be installed on some Huawei devices, not all. Like my Honor 7x, it can't install the EMUI 9 beta. Do you understand now? You should do your own research before asking about this :/

How intense! Did you lose someone to an explosion caused by someone using Huru inadequately?
Also, MHO, if you are looking to be understood more efficiently, I reckon "certain Huawei devices" is far more appropriate than "select", which by and far, in this context implies better, premium, state-of-the-art, rarer, top of the line, bleeding-of-the-brand-spanking-new-edge, more expensive, top among tops of REAL flagships...
¹ I just KNOW this wasn't a factor in the resulting compatibility
² Not that the actual compatible devices AREN'T genuine flagships, I'm actually just trolling this bit about so called flagships as of late, such as the Poco or that Eighttrack Google dares churn out.
22nd April 2019, 09:14 AM |#1201  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Press volume down to continue
So I press Volume DOWN to continue, and it finally sais ABORT? what is the way to do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)