By zxz0O0, Senior Member on 27th March 2018, 08:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2018, 08:40 AM |#81  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecalote

Normally it doesn't matter with this method if you are rooted. But to be sure, you can:
First flashing Magisk Uninstaller with TWRP:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/...r-20180328.zip
It uninstalls also your modules.
After reboot your device.
Then flash HuRUpdater (from same folder on external SD where you have stored the firmware zip files. If you copy into same folder twrp.img and rename it: recovery.img - TWRP will be flashed together)
I received your PM and will answer later.

Hi @Tecalote,

Thank you for replying. I have just run the HuRUpdater updater, about 10 mins ago. As you said it, it was a 'breeze' - I was fortunate not to run into any issues. I was dying, waiting for the new version to be released, and I said, the heck with it! Actually what I did was to prove is OTA update will fail, I executed the update. And phone restarted, and went to recovery. So I said, I'm already in the menu, and I have already prepared the files and all, so I installed HuRUpdater.zip, and it did the update for me.

I will keep that link you gave so I will have the chance to try it in the future. Now my Mate 10 is in .132(C636) build. I have once again flashed Magisk, and my phone is re-rooted.

Thank you for all the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrfyVdlx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PrfyVdlx Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 08:49 AM |#82  
Honor Addict
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 3,117

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMachete

Hi just a question slightly OT. I'm on C432B360 installed with no check recovery, rooted, bootloader unlocked, twrp etc.. But now my system just automatically downloaded B362 and offered to update. Will it go right if I do so?
Thanks in advance, and congrats to OP for your great work!

Yes it's OT here..
But you should know - you can apply Systemupdate, but you must Unroot (=restoring original boot.img), reflash original EMUI Recovery (recovery_ramdisk) instead TWRP and in Systemupdate settings you must use: Download and install current Full Package (some GB) - it fails with normal OTA (300 MB.. )

Or you use HuRUpdater method - it's different...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tecalote For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tecalote Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 09:24 AM |#83  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecalote

Yes it's OT here..
But you should know - you can apply Systemupdate, but you must Unroot (=restoring original boot.img), reflash original EMUI Recovery (recovery_ramdisk) instead TWRP and in Systemupdate settings you must use: Download and install current Full Package (some GB) - it fails with normal OTA (300 MB.. )

Or you use HuRUpdater method - it's different...

@FlyingMachete, you can try this HuRUpdater method. I have just tried it - for the first time - and it is easy. While other guides are overwhelming in the many things that you need to do, HuRUpdater method is so simple and straightforward.

Thanks again, @Tecalote.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrfyVdlx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PrfyVdlx Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 09:51 AM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
iam on stf-al10 oreo, and i have flashed to europe version firmware. and now iam stack on logo, bootloop
is that stupid way that i flash a different version of firmware so i got this? please reply soon master
17th April 2018, 11:48 AM |#85  
Honor Addict
Flag Leipzig

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrfyVdlx

Thanks again, @Tecalote

All thanks goes to @zxz0O0
for this awesome HuRUpdater

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHonor

iam on stf-al10 oreo, and i have flashed to europe version firmware. and now iam stack on logo, bootloop
is that stupid way that i flash a different version of firmware so i got this? please reply soon master

Nobody told you to flash different firmware for your device.
The firmware must match your model and cust.
If you have AL10 (China model) you must debrand to European cust before doing so.
This Thread is not made for such issues.
But you should be able to restore your phone with booting to eRecovery (USB connected and Vol- and Power Button) Connect with WLan and restore..
The Following User Says Thank You to Tecalote For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tecalote Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 12:24 PM |#86  
Honor Addict
Flag Leipzig

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommco05

Maybe he need just flash back right fw

If there's a Download Link, I haven't looked - yes..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tecalote For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tecalote Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 08:09 AM |#87  
Honor Addict
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,163

Donate to Me
More
New version is released. Changes:
  • Fix set_metadata (do not abort)
  • Add own busybox for recoveries with bugged version
  • Rename zip files to match HWOTA names
Big thanks to @Tecalote. He found these bugs, always provided me with all the necessary logs and extensively tested new version. So leave him a thanks under his posts.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 09:23 AM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 1,118

More
Request (:~)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Big thanks to @Tecalote. He found these bugs, always provided me with all the necessary logs and extensively tested new version. So leave him a thanks under his posts.

@zxz0O0
Thanks for taking care of our device.
Is it possible to re-brand with this awesome tool?
You know we can't control expectations
Have some cofee

Confirmation number: 33U52690DV068103M

Thanks,
[email protected]@won
Mate-10
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldybewon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift goldybewon Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 09:40 AM |#89  
Honor Addict
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,163

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldybewon

@zxz0O0
Thanks for taking care of our device.
Is it possible to re-brand with this awesome tool?
You know we can't control expectations
Have some cofee

Confirmation number: 33U52690DV068103M

Thanks,
[email protected]@won
Mate-10

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm not familiar with this rebrand process. But if it simply uses the three zip files stated in OP it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 10:19 AM |#90  
Honor Fanatic
Thanks Meter: 395

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm not familiar with this rebrand process. But if it simply uses the three zip files stated in OP it should work.

Nop, it seems you also need to flash oeminfo to rebrand (and maybe frp?) ;
From @gagugaga's H9SKnife rebrand script for oreo :
Code:
echo. Replacing the Oeminfo file
echo.
adb push C:\adb\oeminfo\STF\cmcc\oeminfo /storage/sdcard0
adb shell su -c "dd if=/storage/sdcard0/oeminfo of=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/oeminfo"
echo.
echo. Done
echo. Rebrand is ok, location change is done, but we have to do other one thing...
echo.
pause
echo.
echo. Replacing the FRP file
echo.
adb push C:\adb\oeminfo\STF\frp_unlock\frp.img /storage/sdcard0
adb shell su -c "dd if=/storage/sdcard0/frp.img of=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/frp"
echo.
echo. Done
echo. FRP unlocked
echo.
echo. Reboot in Fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
echo. Unlock the bootloader again
echo. After unlocking, install the firmware for the new location via hwota8
pause
goto fastboot_menu_general8
source
18th April 2018, 10:21 AM |#91  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

Thanks for this new version. I just have some clarifications:
1. 0.3 version I will not use unless I am updating/flashing anything, right? This is not like custom recovery (TWRP) which is updated as and when new versions are released, right?
2. This clause, "Rename zip files to match HWOTA names", what does it mean? OP will be updated to show the new names?

Thank you very much for the hard work!

Edit:
Item #2: The filenames already show the HWOTA convention.

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)