[Tool] [HuRUpdater] [0.4] [Flash official firmware in recovery

Search This thread

oslo83

I have Honor 9 premium, with the official soft STF-L09 8.0.0.385 (C432) with the possibility of upgrading to 9.0.1.162 (C432E2R1P5). Due to the lack of volte (disappeared after ugrade to oreo) I would like to return to nougat. Can I use this program with factory recovery?

No safe way to downgrade your honor9 STF less than 8.0.0.376 (C432) with proper dload archives.

Using HuRUpdater with hicloud's files to downgrade is asking for a brick : device will be stuck in 'blackscreen fastboot mode', non recoverable without opening device and using paying tools options ; or huawei service care.
HuRUpdater does not work with proper dload archives

Last edited:

davidini

Nov 1, 2018
No safe way to downgrade your honor9 STF less than 8.0.0.376 (C432) with proper dload archives.

Using HuRUpdater with hicloud's files to downgrade is asking for a brick : device will be stuck in 'blackscreen fastboot mode', non recoverable without opening device and using paying tools options ; or huawei service care.
HuRUpdater does not work with proper dload archives

I have files SERVICE_FULL_REPAIR_STF-L09_C432B130. Can it be used for downgrade?

Last edited:

oblitus

Oct 10, 2012
Bursa
Huawei mate 10 pro

sorry if this asked before but I have a BLA-L09 8.0.0.157(c432) wift October 1 security patch. Can I downgrade to something before that with this tool?

If yes, any guide for mate 10 pro? because it doesn't have an sd card slot.

berbascum

Mar 29, 2018
*Side note, might wanna change the wording: if it boots into fastboot, it isn't hard bricked

I think right about here would be fine since recently there were a few bricks with (not because of) huru, but then again, I'm not the OP or a Mod, if you allow me tho, i would further add, as new models don't come with an sdcard, that a usb stick suffices, although i haven't tried it myself.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

GUYS! HURU is NOT for pie, although i do use it for restoring the cust but if you guys don't know what i mean then for your own good i shouldn't explain.
That's one. Two is pie only has two zips! Second of which can mostly be ignored, again, if you know what i mean.
Lastly, there is a RAMDISK PARTITION NO LONGER!

I have done the corrections on my original post. Thanks again!

Reactions: culiacanazo

gengo69

Jul 10, 2017
HONOR 9 Huawei eRecovery

How can install the tools on my honor 9 that reboot ONLY in Huawei eRecovery mode. I can try to install a recovery by wifi but get an error...I try to put the UPDATE.APP (service version) in the sd card and by vol + e vol - and on it start to install the update but get an error in 32% ... The phone don't boot in fastboot mode and don't it recognized by usb.
:confused::crying::crying::crying:

berbascum

Mar 29, 2018
How can install the tools on my honor 9 that reboot ONLY in Huawei eRecovery mode. I can try to install a recovery by wifi but get an error...I try to put the UPDATE.APP (service version) in the sd card and by vol + e vol - and on it start to install the update but get an error in 32% ... The phone don't boot in fastboot mode and don't it recognized by usb.
:confused::crying::crying::crying:

Hi,

Try shutdown the device with eRecovery menu option.
Now you may try boot in fastboot, recovery or download mode.

For dload method, you must copy the full dload folder extracted from Service Firmware zip, including it and all subfolders and files, to the root of your SD Card. Then try to install firmware.
You can look for a correct service firmware on https://androidhost.ru site.

I think that you need the same firmware version flashed on your device at least.

Best Regards.

Reactions: gengo69

gengo69

Jul 10, 2017
Hi,

Try shutdown the device with eRecovery menu option.
Now you may try boot in fastboot, recovery or download mode.

For dload method, you must copy the full dload folder extracted from Service Firmware zip, including it and all subfolders and files, to the root of your SD Card. Then try to install firmware.

I think that you need the same firmware version flashed on your device at least.

Best Regards.

hi thanks for reply
but i can't boot in fastboot or download mode!
And i don't know wich firmware was installed before
:crying:

berbascum

Mar 29, 2018
hi thanks for reply
but i can't boot in fastboot or download mode!
And i don't know wich firmware was installed before
:crying:

Ok. The first commit is discard a hard brick.
From eRecovery options you need find the Shutdown option.
While device is powered off, you shouls press the two volume buttons. Without holding the buttons, press and not hold the power button also. Wait ten seconds and hold the three buttons. Wait for download mode.

If it works, you can unbrick the device with dload mode.

Dou you know the model and variant of your Honor 9?

gengo69

Jul 10, 2017
Ok. The first commit is discard a hard brick.

If it works, you can unbrick the device with dload mode.

Dou you know the model and variant of your Honor 9?

The phone it's able to upgrade with download mode but i try various firmware put in the sd card inside the dload cartel. But every firmware stop at 30/34% someone stop at begining 5%.
i think the model it's honor 9 STF-L09
maybe i wrong firmware but i can't try every firmware variant ther's a lot from 7 to 9 version of android

berbascum

Mar 29, 2018
The phone it's able to upgrade with download mode but i try various firmware put in the sd card inside the dload cartel. But every firmware stop at 30/34% someone stop at begining 5%.
i think the model it's honor 9 STF-L09
maybe i wrong firmware but i can't try every firmware variant ther's a lot from 7 to 9 version of android

The service firmware version that you need should be at least the same version, but also can be any upper version.

If you don't need a specific firmware version, the best solution is try installing the last Pie firmware available.
You only need to know your device variant. For example, a European region device has the C432 variant code.
For a list of variant codes and regions, you can visit this thread:
https://xdaforums.com/p9/help/c185-c636-c432-c900-c-t3418653/amp/

I have checked in androidhost.ru and there is only two Pie service firmare versions, one for russian variant (163 version) and other one for european (162 version):

- Russian: HUAWEI HONOR 9 STF-L09 HW RU HLRCF STANFORD-L09 9.0.1.163(C10E2R1P6T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.0.1 05014NTT [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
- https://androidhost.ru/1JVI

-European: HUAWEI HONOR 9 STF-L09 HW EU HLRCF STANFORD-L09 9.0.1.162(C432E2R1P5T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.0.1 05014NRL [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
- https://androidhost.ru/TTy

If you have an other variant, yo need to search for the last Oreo version.

Best Regards.

gengo69

Jul 10, 2017
The service firmware version that you need should be at least the same version, but also can be any upper version.

- Russian: HUAWEI HONOR 9 STF-L09 HW RU HLRCF STANFORD-L09 9.0.1.163(C10E2R1P6T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.0.1 05014NTT [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
- https://androidhost.ru/1JVI

-European: HUAWEI HONOR 9 STF-L09 HW EU HLRCF STANFORD-L09 9.0.1.162(C432E2R1P5T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.0.1 05014NRL [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
- https://androidhost.ru/TTy

If you have an other variant, yo need to search for the last Oreo version.

Best Regards.

Sure i have an european variant so c432 ...but i try both firmware and both get an error on 30-34 % :crying::crying::crying:

shiboby

Jun 6, 2012
Motorola Edge
Hey everyone,

I am currently on version 385 that I flashed using this tool. I just got a message that there is a system update for me for Android Pie. Should I allow the system to update to Pie? Will it create any problems since I have flashed 385 using this tool? Do you know what would happen to bootloader and root if I allow the update?

Any information is very much appreciated.

berbascum

Mar 29, 2018
yes..i try more and more times

Just for being sure. The steps for booting in fastboot:
- You need the USB cable connected on PC.
- Power off the device form shutdown option in eRecovery.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Press and hold volume down button. With same hand, press and hold Power button.
- With two button pressed IMMEDIATELY connect the usb cable on device (with the other hand!)

If fastboot works, you can read the firmware version on your device.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Hey everyone,

I am currently on version 385 that I flashed using this tool. I just got a message that there is a system update for me for Android Pie. Should I allow the system to update to Pie? Will it create any problems since I have flashed 385 using this tool? Do you know what would happen to bootloader and root if I allow the update?

Any information is very much appreciated.

As far as I know, before installing an OTA update, you need to unroot the device, and flash the stock recovery image.

I don't know if HuRUpdater does something else that needs to be reverted before updating.

Last edited:
Reactions: shiboby

shiboby

Jun 6, 2012
Motorola Edge
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Press and hold volume down button. With same hand, press and hold Power button.
- With two button pressed IMMEDIATELY connect the usb cable on device (with the other hand!)

If fastboot works, you can read the firmware version on your device.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

As far as I know, before installing an OTA update, you need to unroot the device, and flash the stock recovery image.

I don't know if HuRUpdater does something else that needs to be reverted before updating.

So should I redownload version 385 from Firmware finder and flash it? How would I do so without HuRUpdater?

pix106

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
- Wait 5 seconds.
- With two button pressed IMMEDIATELY connect the usb cable on device (with the other hand!).
Simpler : power off, plug USB cable to PC and phone, push and keep vol-, push power until it powers on in fastboot mode

culiacanazo

What don't you understand about this? It can only be installed on some Huawei devices, not all. Like my Honor 7x, it can't install the EMUI 9 beta. Do you understand now? You should do your own research before asking about this :/
How intense! Did you lose someone to an explosion caused by someone using Huru inadequately?
Also, MHO, if you are looking to be understood more efficiently, I reckon "certain Huawei devices" is far more appropriate than "select", which by and far, in this context implies better, premium, state-of-the-art, rarer, top of the line, bleeding-of-the-brand-spanking-new-edge, more expensive, top among tops of REAL flagships...
¹ I just KNOW this wasn't a factor in the resulting compatibility
² Not that the actual compatible devices AREN'T genuine flagships, I'm actually just trolling this bit about so called flagships as of late, such as the Poco or that Eighttrack Google dares churn out.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here I present my tool to flash Honor stock firmware in TWRP recovery. I have tested it on all currently available firmwares for Honor 9 STF but still this tool is beta.

HuRUpdater
    Huawei Recovery Updater

• Flash official firmware zip files
    • Can detect if firmware locks bootloader
    • Can detect if firmware wipes data

Download:

It's recommended to use a proper custom recovery (with running oeminfo_nvm_server service) like for example my version of TWRP.

How to use:
    Warning: Make sure you know what you are doing and do not flash firmware from other devices.
    1. Download firmware files (for official firmware use Huawei Firmware Finder).
    2. Put files you want to flash in a seperate folder on sdcard.
      Supported zip files to flash are (name must match):
      • update.zip (use FullOTA file)
      • update_all_hw.zip
      • update_data_public.zip
    3. Optional: Put recovery.img in same folder if you want to keep custom recovery.
    4. Put HuRUpdater zip in same folder. Example:
      ok6f53.jpg
    5. Select only HuRUpdater to flash in custom recovery.
    6. Follow instructions on screen. Flashing can take multiple minutes.

Problems:
    • If firmware includes factory reset
      • Factory reset is not supported by custom recovery. Therefore HuRUpdater will flash stock recovery before launching factory reset. After flashing firmware and doing factory reset, you need to flash recovery manually.

Supported devices:
    • Honor 9
    • Honor View 10 (confirmed* by Rommco05)
    • Huawei P9 Lite (confirmed* by Tecalote)
    • Huawei P9 (confirmed* by Tecalote)
    • Huawei P Smart (confirmed* by flibblesan)
    • Huawei Mate 9 (confirmed* by ante0)
    • Huawei Mate 10 (confirmed* by Tecalote)
    • Huawei P20 (confirmed* by realz88)
    • Honor 8 (confirmed* by mynote@xda)
    • Huawei P8 Lite (2017) (confirmed* by neverdies)
    • Honor 6X (confirmed* by siddhrsh)
    • Huawei Mediapad M5 (confirmed* by ZeuseZ)
    • Other Huawei/Honor? Try and let me know
    * first confirmation

Bugreport:
    Post full /tmp/recovery.log file in comments

Thanks to all testers who report new devices working. Especially big thanks to @Tecalote who provided me with extensive testing / logs and found bugs.

XDA:DevDB Information
    HuRUpdater for Honor, Tool/Utility for the Honor 9

Contributors
    zxz0O0

Version Information

Created 2018-03-27
    Last Updated 2018-09-23
    Reserved

Changelog:
      • Add static busybox
      • Update installer binary
      • Fix set_metadata (do not abort)
      • Add own busybox for recoveries with bugged version
      • Rename zip files to match HWOTA names
    New version is released. Changes:
    • Fix set_metadata (do not abort)
    • Add own busybox for recoveries with bugged version
    • Rename zip files to match HWOTA names
    Big thanks to @Tecalote. He found these bugs, always provided me with all the necessary logs and extensively tested new version. So leave him a thanks under his posts.
    Got it. I missed that part to read. Thanks for pointing out. Is there anyway that we can flash OTA?

No, it's not

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

I've heard that "PV" is "Previous version". This one will be used in future to revert back to this ROM if you wish to do in future. Don't use it to upgrade.

PV = Point Version
    MF = Multi File

FullOTA-MF-PV Versions are flashable with TWRP (which support encryption) - if you are on the required firmware before and it must be done with the right steps. It contains mostly two zip files, sometimes three. The zip files must be flashed without reboot to system between and with reboot to EMUI Recovery after. On this point data Factoryreset is required before booting to the system again.
    However it can not be used in every situation and doesn't work all the time.
    PV versions are made to update the phone from one Android /or EMUI v to the next ore sometimes for downgrade too (as you said)

On P9 for example I can flash b386 (Android 7) over b182 (Android 6) with PV version and TWRP (with encryption support). Of course only with the right firmware for model and cust. (not c432 over c636 for example)

To be sure I would use HuRUpdater only with FullOTA-MF on same Android version.
    But it's also necessary to know that firmwares requires firmware versions and must match the device.
    Some version jumps will not work.
    For example I can update on P9 b394 over b386, but not b398 over b386..

So beginners should take care of their phone and not flashing anything before thinking about and be sure what they are doing.

I have seen many bricked phones because some people are flashing everything without worrying about it..
    I repair every week (private) one /two bricked phones from User of German Android Hilfe de Forum..
    Added version 0.4 to OP. The busybox is now static, this should hopefully resolve the issues on older recoveries (like Nougat).