Please help: Rollback, lock bootloader, update to Pie for warranty

Search This thread

shiboby

Jun 6, 2012
Motorola Edge
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to figure out for a few days on other threads, hows I can rollback my phone, lock the phone, and update to Pie. I need to take it in for warranty service tomorrow morning (camera often won't focus) and haven't been able to find out how to do this safely. I am unlocked, rooted, and running on version 385 which I downloaded from FF and flashed using HuR in TWRP.

If anyone could provide me with instructions for how to get this phone to where I need it to be to give it to the warranty shop, I would very much appreciated it. Any help is very much appreciated.

shiboby

Jun 6, 2012
Motorola Edge
Just a bump to explain:

Hey guys, sorry to be a broken record, I just really want to get my phone fixed under warranty before my brother's wedding (there is a problem with the camera). If someone could please tell me how to go back to stock and lock the bootloader so I can update to PIE that would be great. I have been told by the warranty service people that I need to have the newest update on the phone and wipe the phone of my personal data before bringing it in.

Instructions would be great, and any help is appreciated!

enban

Apr 2, 2011
Just a bump to explain:

Hey guys, sorry to be a broken record, I just really want to get my phone fixed under warranty before my brother's wedding (there is a problem with the camera). If someone could please tell me how to go back to stock and lock the bootloader so I can update to PIE that would be great. I have been told by the warranty service people that I need to have the newest update on the phone and wipe the phone of my personal data before bringing it in.

who told you that you MUST have the latest update for the warranty to be honored? Just reinstall stock B385 with HuRU and relock the bootloader. Something like

Code:
fastboot oem lock

or

Code:
fastboot oem lock

Should work.

EDIT: sorry, here you have exact info: https://xdaforums.com/honor-9/help/lock-honor-9-bootloader-t3676444

Reactions: shiboby

shiboby

Jun 6, 2012
Motorola Edge
who told you that you MUST have the latest update for the warranty to be honored? Just reinstall stock B385 with HuRU and relock the bootloader. Something like

Code:
fastboot oem lock

or

Code:
fastboot oem lock

Should work.

EDIT: sorry, here you have exact info: https://xdaforums.com/honor-9/help/lock-honor-9-bootloader-t3676444

thanks for the message. The guy I spoke with on the phone at the location I have to take the phone told me that. If I reflash 385 stock unrooted and relock, could I then allow the PIE update to install?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a bump to explain:

Code:
    fastboot oem lock

or

Code:
    fastboot oem lock

Should work.