Every file i provided have been built during the way finding how stuff works on oreo - and alot of stuff changed, thats why i also recommend to not use the provided TWRP for daily, reliable usage.
1. copy the L09-B321 firmware files to the root of your MicroSD card
2. flash twrp (for nougat) via fastboot: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-nougat-stf.img
3. boot into recovery and connect the phone to your computer
4. open an adb shell and execute the following commands:
dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_a dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery2_a echo --update_package=/sdcard/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_data_full_public.zip >> /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_full_STF-L09_hw_normal.zip >> /cache/recovery/command
As you may noticed the honor bootanimation is missing - and a few other things,
e.g. sounds (like ringtones, notifications, alarms), theme store not loading and problems with magazine lockscreen.
We are going to fix those now.
1. Install TWRP (for Oreo) using the command: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.1.1-oreo-stf.img
2. Boot into TWRP and flash the provided SuperSU zip
3. Grab any root file browser (e.g. root browser - free, root explorer - paid) and open it
4. in /cust/hw rename "normal" folder to "eu" (without the quotes)
5. in /version/special_cust/STF-L09/hw rename "normal" folder to "eu" (without the quotes)
PART 3 (not needed, but recommended)
As we made some internal software changes i suggest you make a factory reset afterwards and unroot before.
1. flash stock ramdisk to ramdisk partition using fastboot:
fastboot flash ramdisk RAMDISK.img
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img
4. setup your device and enjoy a clean, fully working oreo installation!
1. copy the rollback zip and nocheck recovery (!!oreo version!!) to the root of your MicroSD card
2. enable usb debugging in developer options
3. connect your phone to your computer, start an adb shell and issue the following commands:
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_ramdisk dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/erecovery_ramdisk echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_rollback_al10c00b190.zip > /cache/recovery/command
hint: if you get an error during the installation, just press the reboot button, it still boots.
device crashes during boot? do a low-level data partition format, boot into erecovery when you get asked to.
6. prepare the MicroSD (8gb atleast, exFAT formatted)
- download the C432 firmware and extract it
- copy the dload folder you extracted to the root of your MicroSD
8. flash the nocheck recovery (nougat version) to recovery and recovery2 partition using fastboot
fastboot flash recovery STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img fastboot flash recovery2 STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img
10. you should boot into a fresh L09C432B100 installation
I've uploaded every file you need for the process to mega.nz - please do not mirror any of the stuff provided!
Huge thanks to @LastStandingDroid for providing the modified SuperSU installation package.