FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wireless Charging and Honor

834 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,006

By XDARoni, XDA Community Manager on 28th September 2017, 03:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Wireless Charging and Honor

Wireless charging has the attention of consumers once again, after Apple decided to include it with their newest phone- the iPhone X and 8. This has me thinking about the Honor line and if wireless charging is something that this community is interested in for future phones.

Quote:

With no charging cable required, iPhone X is truly designed for the future of wireless. -Apple

Android and Wireless Charging

Wireless charging has been a feature of some Android phones for a long time now. One of the first major phones to push wireless charging was the LG Nexus 4 from Google. This technology stuck around throughout the Nexus 5 and 6, until it was dropped with the 5x and the 6p. Today, very few Android phones choose to implement wireless charging, when not too long ago it seemed like it was the future. Two of the biggest contributing factors to it not becoming the standard was: the price of a wireless charging pad, and the charging speed compared to the USB charger.

Wireless charging docks are expensive. A good one usually costs around $50. This resulted in a lot of people owning phones that had the wireless technology, but didn't ever bother to fork out the money to get the required charger. Those who did get the wireless charger, experienced slower charge times. I'm sure there are many people who have and love wireless charging, but these two issues are definitely why you don't see wireless in every Android flagship that comes out today.

Should Honor Implement Wireless Charging?

Now it's time to get the opinion of this community about if future Honor phones should have wireless charging. There will probably be at least a small price jump to accommodate the new technology, as well as the additional cost of the wireless dock. Is wireless charging something that is important to you for your next phone? Are you willing to buy a wireless charger in addition to your new phone? Let me know in the comments!
28th September 2017, 04:50 PM |#2  
Honor Fanatic
Thanks Meter: 272

More
My first wireless (inductive) charging phone was 4 years ago and it was the droid maxx. I had the charging pads at home and the office, though they charges painfully slow (about 0.3A, slower than plugging to laptop usb port) but it was cool to just drop the phone and leave it there and the phone rarely had its battery below 50%. When I sold the phone I gave all the pads to the new owner and that was it. All my later phones no longer have wireless charging, but they have fast charging which in my opinion is way better.

I think it will be something like the notification light. It's not an important feature but it's good to have an added function. And honor being a glass back phone, it surely a simple thing that Huawei could implement.
The Following User Says Thank You to pijes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pijes Ad-Free
29th September 2017, 01:06 PM |#3  
Honor Supporter
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 7,204

More
I rather them increase battery size if they're going to add more to the phone, even if that makes the phone a little thicker. Fast charging is more convenient anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to svetius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift svetius Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
honor

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)