FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Huawei Honor Note 8 root

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By riffy504, Member on 25th October 2016, 05:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I get asked a lot how I rooted my Huawei Honor Note 8 so I thought I'd do a basic how to from memory on how I did it. It's relatively easy to do.

You'll need your phone's bootloader unlocked.
The files from Huawei's forums http://club.huawei.com/thread-10828573-1-1.html or https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwy...ew?usp=sharing
The app is in chinese but has some english on the buttons.

To unlock bootloader:
Got bootloader unlock code with the app on the playstore "DC Huawei Bootloader Codes" (took about 8 hours to get)
Enable USB debugging on the phone & connect it to the computer.
Unlock the bootloader with the program downloaded. Use the first button on the first tab labeled bootloader. Put in unlock code in the pop up box & click ok.

To root:
Enable USB debugging on the phone & connect it to the computer.
Flash the recovery_twrp.img file with the program downloaded. Use the 2nd button on the first tab labeled recovery.
To change twrp into english, click on the 3rd down 2nd row button & then click on the globe button. The globe is really hard to hit! Keep trying till you get it Then select English.
Install SuperSU with TWRP
Should now be rooted!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to riffy504 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift riffy504 Ad-Free

27th October 2016, 09:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question. Is there anything I should do like backup my bootloader or something before starting this process?
27th October 2016, 09:43 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmeroff

Unlocking your bootloader will wipe the device; factory reset for sure, and I believe it also erases your internal storage (don't quote me on that though, not sure for this phone), but your OS will remain whatever stock version you had installed until you flash something else.

I did not backup anything.
27th October 2016, 10:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Ok thanks.. I appreciate it
8th November 2016, 12:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I have a question, or making a root and unlock the bootloader is associated with a full reset your data and settings that can be done root without losing data?
8th November 2016, 02:36 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Nope

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk
8th November 2016, 06:22 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Hi guys

I unlocked my note 8 successfully . In startup screen show your devives is unlocked and can not be trusted every time i restar the phone is it normal?
Second thing i flashed twrp by clicking on recovery button then after restarted i clicked on 3rd button of second row to change to english but it didnt say click on english
How to enter twrp recovey i tried pressing power button and volume up nothing happened

Plz help
8th November 2016, 06:43 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Yuppers.. not trusted cuz ya unlocked it.

Should be volume up & power. You can also do it with the app. The 2nd tab... recovery. Will boot it into recovery too.

You have to click the globe button on the far right to get to the language. It's a bitch to hit! BTW... TWRP has reverted back to chinese a few time now for some reason on mine. It's kind of annoying considering how hard it is to hit that one button.
14th November 2016, 08:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Questions about the root process
1) why do you need the unlock code?
2) Where can I find SuperSU for honor note 8? Can someone please provide a link?
3) Has anyone succeeded rooting?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
18th November 2016, 12:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please Help!

Everything was find, I unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP, when I flashed SuperSU it bootloops!
Can someone please help.....
18th November 2016, 03:21 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
I'm not sure why it would be boot looping. I'd flash it again. Might even try a factory reset before flashing too. You're the first I've heard of with that problem. Make sure you're on version 22.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
honor-note-8, huawei honor note 8, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)