Search This thread

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
@Pretoriano80
Please a "yes or no answers" would be appreciated
Dear sir
I have a CLT-L29C432 and run your first TWRP for this model. I run now .161 version and everytrhing still runs perfectly well!
By any chance, does this version work for my P20Pro model? Any luck to use it with encrypted data with fingerprints.
So far your previous version is still the best ever for this model.
Kindly yours from an old man

I am an old man too :)
You can try this one:
https://xdaforums.com/huawei-p20-pro/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-t3779400

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

This probably won't get answered but when I go to backup my device, it says unable to unmount system and unable to locate boot partition. What do I do?

Which device, post Build Number

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
The log is not where it said it would be.

You didn't understand. In the main menu click on Advanced and there is a submenu. Click on the button to Save Log and swipe to confirm.
If you have selected for Backups the storage Micro SD, Log will be stored on external SD. If you use internal storage, then it will be saved there.
Without providing a Log nobody can know what's happened with your device.

MikeyJay530

May 12, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You didn't understand. In the main menu click on Advanced and there is a submenu. Click on the button to Save Log and swipe to confirm.
If you have selected for Backups the storage Micro SD, Log will be stored on external SD. If you use internal storage, then it will be saved there.
Without providing a Log nobody can know what's happened with your device.

So I figured it out but it won't let me copy the log because it's too many characters. Can I just PM you?

Eimafn

Dec 3, 2018
First, my thanks for this build! I'm having the same problems that a couple of people have already mentioned. My device is a BKL-L04 running your latest twrp (0.7) and LineageOS 15.1. When I boot twrp it asks for the password and I give it my lock screen pin number. It rejects it but I /think/ for a second I see an error about /system not being able to be unmounted. Skipping that I try to remount system r/w from the menus but I cannot uncheck the "mount /system readonly" box. Obviously this prevents backups, installing packages (like su), etc.

I used lsof via adb shell while twrp was running to see what was using /system and it looks like it is the keymanager service.

Thanks again!
- E

sophivan

Jan 14, 2014
The command "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_bkl_0.7.img" FAILED (remote: command not allowed)
Please could you tell me what is the matter ?
Should the bootloader be unlocked ?
Thank you for your help

Eimafn

Dec 3, 2018
The command "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_bkl_0.7.img" FAILED (remote: command not allowed)
Please could you tell me what is the matter ?
Should the bootloader be unlocked ?
Thank you for your help

Yup. This is the kind of thing that unlocking the bootloader allows you to do. The procedure that I used is here if you need a reference.

- E

sophivan

Jan 14, 2014
The command "fastboot oem unlock XXXXXXX" FAILED (remote: command not allowed)
Necessary to unlock FRP
Enable "OEM unlock"
How can I unlock FRP ?
In developper options,I see "OEM unlock" but I cannot enable it
What should I do ?

Thank you for your help
Yup. This is the kind of thing that unlocking the bootloader allows you to do. The procedure that I used is here if you need a reference.

- E

letschky

Disclaimer
This software comes wth no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Note: Currently Oreo 8.1 custom roms are supported only on BKL-L04 with EMUI 8.1

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
* Start your device in fastboot mode
* Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [name of the file].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_blanc_0.1.img
* Restart with this command:
Code:
fastboot reboot
* As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working
MTP and OTG connection = working
Backup&Restore = working

Note: There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9 forum.

Credits
**** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
**** TeamWin project ,obviously.

Download links
twrp_blanc_0.1.img - initial test release
twrp_bkl_0.2.img - OEMinfo partition is available for backup
twrp_bkl_0.3.img - /cache mounting is fixed,backup /vendor as image (vendor still can't be mounted)
twrp_bkl_0.4.img - /vendor mounting/unmounting is now fixed (thx @ante0 for the script)
twrp_bkl_0.5.img - mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version.
twrp_bkl_0.6.img - Cache wiping issue is now fixed
twrp_bkl_0.7.img - fixed decryption on EMUI 8.1 (now you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk no longer available for backup./vendor no longer available for backup (use /vendor_image instead),/system and /data can be unmounting issue with 8.1 devices is now fixed.

cool this twrp works on Honor Note 10,Thank you!

bambi007

Apr 14, 2010
Has anyone tried the new official TWRP 3.2.3.0 Image from the TWRP site ?
It was released 3 days ago 2018-12-14.
https://dl.twrp.me/berkeley/

If I flash this (when I get my phone this week) and get a bootloop, can I flash the 0.7. TWRP afterwards? How would I do that? Would I just enter fastboot mode again (possible?) and flash the 0.7. img?

ludious22

Dec 18, 2018
RENNES
I tried yesterday this version and yes you can come back and flash the other version.
With my device (BKL-L09) i have some issues, but apparently with this device TWRP is not workin,g very well :/

Reactions: bambi007

fabio84

Jul 25, 2007
Have an update for android 9 pie on honor 10 view? This twrp not decrypt volume...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    This software comes wth no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Note: Currently Oreo 8.1 custom roms are supported only on BKL-L04 with EMUI 8.1

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
    * Start your device in fastboot mode
    * Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [name of the file].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_blanc_0.1.img
    * Restart with this command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    * As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working
    MTP and OTG connection = working
    Backup&Restore = working

Note: There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9 forum.

Credits
    **** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
    **** TeamWin project ,obviously.

Download links
    twrp_blanc_0.1.img - initial test release
    twrp_bkl_0.2.img - OEMinfo partition is available for backup
    twrp_bkl_0.3.img - /cache mounting is fixed,backup /vendor as image (vendor still can't be mounted)
    twrp_bkl_0.4.img - /vendor mounting/unmounting is now fixed (thx @ante0 for the script)
    twrp_bkl_0.5.img - mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version.
    twrp_bkl_0.6.img - Cache wiping issue is now fixed
    twrp_bkl_0.7.img - fixed decryption on EMUI 8.1 (now you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk no longer available for backup./vendor no longer available for backup (use /vendor_image instead),/system and /data can be unmounting issue with 8.1 devices is now fixed.
    Ok thank,link is fixed .but if the initial one didn't booted ,i don't think this will do.Which version of Honor 10 do you have (european,usa,etc)?I'm not sure it will work on the US version or any other version which is based on Oreo 8.1.
    Hey mate nice to see you here :)

Nice job with the recovery! I've been handed out an US View 10 a couple weeks ago (with Android 8.1 pre-release stuff), I'll test it out for you.

twrp-3.2.1-0-berkeley.img didn't boot on BKL-L04 (dark screen and reboot), but Ethan made some changes and twrp-3.2.1-1-berkeley.img does work fine.
    I've been told that some selinux changes were needed to boot 8.1 stuff, some critical service that fails to run because it can't find the right policy, something related to recovery_vendor partition that runs it.
    It will work in 8.0 setups also just fine.

I'll let you know how it goes :fingers-crossed:

Hope we get 8.1 kernel sources soon so I blu_spark this blue beauty :)
    New version is up.Wipe cache issue is now fixed.
    Re-uploaded 0.7 with some small fixes. More partitions are available to install as image (check Install - > Install image).
    New version is up,decryption with EMUI 8.1 is now fixed!Test it and let me know how it works.