FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][9.0][berkeley][Official] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r37][15-05-2019]

329 posts
Thanks Meter: 401
 
Post Reply Email Thread
24th December 2018, 10:11 PM |#101  
kevp75's Avatar
Honor Enthusiast
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 7,145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebucket

Hmm, will investigate it after I arrive back from my Christmas holiday in Italy then

Enjoy mate. Merry Christmas to you and yours 😀😁
The Following User Says Thank You to kevp75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kevp75 Ad-Free
 
 
24th December 2018, 11:53 PM |#102  
Member
Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hi, ROM looks great but just wondering about IMS, Does IMS affect SMS Messgaes or does it only affect VoLTE? Just wondering what it actually breaks

And also i assume GCAM works with this ROM, if so which version from where to download.

TY in advance
25th December 2018, 04:51 PM |#103  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludious22

So I quite no way with my device (BKL-L09). I think it's because TWRP don't success to wipe parts correctly.

Did you try resetting from eRecovery first and then install and reset from TWRP? That is the only way it works for me (with other ROMs).
25th December 2018, 10:04 PM |#104  
Honor Supporter
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 401
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danfenn

Hi, ROM looks great but just wondering about IMS, Does IMS affect SMS Messgaes or does it only affect VoLTE? Just wondering what it actually breaks

And also i assume GCAM works with this ROM, if so which version from where to download.

TY in advance

SMS can work, haven't tested because my provider doesn't offer SMS over IMS, but VoLTE is closed for EMUI only for sure.

Gcam might work if you find a modded version for Kirin chipset, otherwise you may want to use the pre-installed Huawei stock cam which I included
The Following User Says Thank You to Codebucket For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2018, 10:50 PM |#105  
Member
Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebucket

SMS can work, haven't tested because my provider doesn't offer SMS over IMS, but VoLTE is closed for EMUI only for sure.

Gcam might work if you find a modded version for Kirin chipset, otherwise you may want to use the pre-installed Huawei stock cam which I included

Theres a modded GCAM that is nearly 100% functional but it only works only on emui 8, only worry i have since it only has an occasional crash but it still works great.

As for EMUI 8, how long till the base moves to emui 9 and when it does can we keep updating via dirty flash or would we need to wipe data and flash emui 9 and reinstall the ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to Danfenn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Danfenn Ad-Free
26th December 2018, 12:57 AM |#106  
kevp75's Avatar
Honor Enthusiast
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 7,145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danfenn

Theres a modded GCAM that is nearly 100% functional but it only works only on emui 8, only worry i have since it only has an occasional crash but it still works great.

As for EMUI 8, how long till the base moves to emui 9 and when it does can we keep updating via dirty flash or would we need to wipe data and flash emui 9 and reinstall the ROM?

US may not be getting EMUI 9.

Its a political thing between US and China that most likely will nit be going away... at least any time soon. Since the threads in LO4 forums, I have to assume the OP is US based (since most of us here in the US only have that version of the device)
27th December 2018, 01:11 AM |#107  
kevp75's Avatar
Honor Enthusiast
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 7,145
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey mate... so... notice a couple "things" ...
(could be just because i don't know where to look for the settings... but thought Id mention anyways)

1. adaptive brightness appears to do nothing. if i remember it correctly it should change the brightness of the display based on lighting in the environment? ill be laying in bed at night with the lights off and brightness will stay at 60+% for me... not finding a way to set that to auto...

2. got any recommendations for better battery life? im not using it any different than I was on stock, but on stock I could get close to 2 full days before i had to charge... now.. i'm lucky to get 2 full day...
27th December 2018, 08:06 AM |#108  
Honor Supporter
Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 351
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi. Does this work on Honor 10? Which version of EMUI is compatible. Does it work with latest 8.2?
27th December 2018, 08:49 AM |#109  
Honor Supporter
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 401
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevp75

Hey mate... so... notice a couple "things" ...
(could be just because i don't know where to look for the settings... but thought Id mention anyways)

1. adaptive brightness appears to do nothing. if i remember it correctly it should change the brightness of the display based on lighting in the environment? ill be laying in bed at night with the lights off and brightness will stay at 60+% for me... not finding a way to set that to auto...

2. got any recommendations for better battery life? im not using it any different than I was on stock, but on stock I could get close to 2 full days before i had to charge... now.. i'm lucky to get 2 full day...

1. Adaptive brightness is a mix of both in Pie, it uses the light sensor and learns by how you set the brightness manually to learn better about your preferences. Simply set it lower in the QS panel and it should improve next time

2. Battery life outside EMUI is known to be less great, but I'm able to have my battery drained 3-4% if I leave my phone in my pocket or disable AOD and turn off apps that always work in background like Facebook Messenger or Snapchat. All of that can be done through the battery settings in Pie.

(Also, EMUI had a way more aggressive battery killing strategy which killed off everything that isn't a background service or foreground app)

Overall I'm able to have 60% left after having GPS with Endomondo in a shitty network coverage while ski enabled, so it's mostly dependent how frequent you use your phone. I really recommend checking every app twice in order to eliminate any battery drain and also check the mobile data setting in Developer Options, as on EMUI there is a option enabled by default which leaves your data connection active while you are on WiFi which may be less useful if your mobile network is bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Codebucket For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2018, 12:17 PM |#110  
kevp75's Avatar
Honor Enthusiast
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 7,145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebucket

1. Adaptive brightness is a mix of both in Pie, it uses the light sensor and learns by how you set the brightness manually to learn better about your preferences. Simply set it lower in the QS panel and it should improve next time

2. Battery life outside EMUI is known to be less great, but I'm able to have my battery drained 3-4% if I leave my phone in my pocket or disable AOD and turn off apps that always work in background like Facebook Messenger or Snapchat. All of that can be done through the battery settings in Pie.

(Also, EMUI had a way more aggressive battery killing strategy which killed off everything that isn't a background service or foreground app)

Overall I'm able to have 60% left after having GPS with Endomondo in a shitty network coverage while ski enabled, so it's mostly dependent how frequent you use your phone. I really recommend checking every app twice in order to eliminate any battery drain and also check the mobile data setting in Developer Options, as on EMUI there is a option enabled by default which leaves your data connection active while you are on WiFi which may be less useful if your mobile network is bad.

Appreciate it mate... yeah thought emui was a bit aggressive... was still nice not having to charge every day tho lol

ill look thru my apps see what can be optimized. Facebook for sure lol

Do you think a run in background killer or wakelock killer would benefit us? I have one over in the themes/apps forums that i made for emui, i may try...
27th December 2018, 02:17 PM |#111  
Honor Supporter
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 401
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevp75

Appreciate it mate... yeah thought emui was a bit aggressive... was still nice not having to charge every day tho lol

ill look thru my apps see what can be optimized. Facebook for sure lol

Do you think a run in background killer or wakelock killer would benefit us? I have one over in the themes/apps forums that i made for emui, i may try...

Definitely Greenify can help you out when running with Magisk, but also disabling the active mobile data can help alot
The Following User Says Thank You to Codebucket For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes