FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Honor flagship camera will support Multi-Scene Detection

2,316 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,562

By duraaraa, Senior Member on 13th April 2018, 02:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
In the course of daily FunkyHuawei business, we have come across some interesting documents containing information regarding the camera capabilities of the upcoming Honor flagship device, which we think will probably be called the Honor 10. It seems this is the killer feature of the upcoming phone, so we'll share it.

Without redistributing the actual documents, allow us to paraphrase.

Based on what we've discovered, Honor will be introducing semantic image segmentation mode. Similarly to the Mate 10 series, it can detect scenes like pets, snow, beach, and so on, and apply filters for each situation, but with the new camera tech, it can detect multiple scenes within the same image and apply precise multiple filters simultaneously.

The new technology can pinpoint the outlines of objects like the sky, plans, humans, water, etc., in an image, identifying their locations, and apply the appropriate filters.

As opposed to server-side deployments like DeepLab-v3+, this is all done on-device with Honor's solution, which includes the semantic image segmentation algorithm alongside the chipset acceleration platform, the NPU in the Kirin 970. This lets the upcoming Honor phone process semantic image segmentation faster and more efficiently that Google's Deeplab, because the NPU accelerates CNNs for the process of object and scene recognition and 'applies perfect real-time parameters on every segment to generate the most realistic photography.'

Attached are some pictures to show what I'm talking about. More info/pictures coming as I figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	4474743  

13th April 2018, 06:35 AM |#2  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Will it be a device specific feature or a software roll out for other devices incuding or specifically honor V10?
13th April 2018, 07:55 AM |#3  
Honor Supporter

More
Is it a software that can be installed on all Honor devices?
13th April 2018, 10:50 PM |#4  
Honor Enthusiast
OP Senior Member
Flag 東京☆Улаанбаатар☆Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,562

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshvns111

Will it be a device specific feature or a software roll out for other devices incuding or specifically honor V10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasasa

Is it a software that can be installed on all Honor devices?

Sorry, I have no idea. Let's hope it rolls out to other devices, but probably can't be too optimistic. No evidence either way.
26th April 2018, 12:29 PM |#5  
Honor Supporter
Flag Coventry

More

Is it software?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)