FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[Official from Honor] What Scene Should be Added to Honor View 10's AI Camera?

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 793

By XDARoni, XDA Community Manager on 23rd January 2018, 02:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

The Honor View 10 comes with the Kirin 970 NPU which powers the AI system that is used in the camera. Thirteen different types of scenes and objects can be recognized instantly, so your camera app can quickly adjust the settings to fit the scene.

Honor is once again looking to learn from the community to help improve their products. Now is your chance to let them know what new scene you would like to see added to the AI camera.

For Honor View 10 Users: Leave a comment with a photo taken from your View 10, using one of the existing scenes. Then let us know what type of scene you'd like to see added to the mix.
For everyone else: Just comment which scene you'd like to see get added.

Currently, Honor's AI camera supports the following scenes:
  • Blue Sky
  • Flower
  • Plant
  • Beach
  • Sunset/Sunrise
  • Performace
  • Food
  • Text
  • Nightscape
  • Snow
  • Cat
  • Dog
  • Portrait

The top five most thanked posts will win a prize from a selection of selfie sticks, bluetooth earphones, and more.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to XDARoni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDARoni Ad-Free

23rd January 2018, 03:09 PM |#2  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I live next to a forrest so a forrest scene would be awesome!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miksel12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Miksel12 Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 03:25 PM |#3  
Honor Addict
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 6,810

More
I'd like to see a macro scene that lets you get super close up and capture a ton of fine detail
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to svetius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift svetius Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 04:09 PM |#4  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 1,773

More
Rain scene!
With good detail of raindrops and the view/sybject of the picture

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Targaeryan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Targaeryan Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 04:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
What would we use for sports? Live entertainment? Boxing, formula 1, football, etc.?

Maybe performance?

How about a built in document scanner, automatically crops and leaves just the document or card, etc.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mperezkr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mperezkr Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 05:00 PM |#6  
Honor Addict
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Indoor lighting would be great. Most of us take indoor photos and they tend to go wrong with the white balance, Exposure, the color balance and smoothening.

It isn't exactly low light or night photo as there is a light source, but the camera needs to adjust itself to take natural looking pictures.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iamsabresh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamsabresh Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 05:11 PM |#7  
Flag Roorkee
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Scene suggestions for the AI that I can offer include rain (if it can do snow, it can surely do rain), low light, sports, landscape and macro.

The other advice I have, is as follows. The modified Google Camera apk that runs on most Snapdragon devices is available online. Huawei should spend their resources analysing that, and extracting the features such as portrait mode with a single camera and HDR+, both of which enhance the photo quality marginally... Since most people who own phones do not know about the modified Google Camera, offering such great picture quality at a budget price would be a sure sell. I know the second, and kinda dominating part of my answer is completely different from what was asked to us, but if Huawei does read my answer, I'm sure it'll be a little bit helpful.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adityabanerjee1303 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adityabanerjee1303 Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 06:08 PM |#8  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 1,773

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mperezkr

What would we use for sports? Live entertainment? Boxing, formula 1, football, etc.?

Maybe performance?

How about a built in document scanner, automatically crops and leaves just the document or card, etc.

There's already a built in doc scanner in the camera app

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Targaeryan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Targaeryan Ad-Free
23rd January 2018, 11:05 PM |#9  
Honor Addict
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 189

Donate to Me
More
A built in camera scanner, like the app CamScanner. That would be cool.
23rd January 2018, 11:18 PM |#10  
Flag South Pasadena
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Could you toss in a feature to downgrade the camera's performance when a One Plus phone is detected nearby? I wouldn't want my friends who own them to realize they had chosen to settle for less.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeoNez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GeoNez Ad-Free
24th January 2018, 03:48 AM |#11  
Honor Addict
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Not a scene recognition, but something that the Kirin 970 is capable of - Portrait / bokeh mode in videos by live tracking the subject.

I know it can be implemented as it is featured in Huawei's mate 10 pro. Hope you can bring this feature to the view 10
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamsabresh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamsabresh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
honor

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)