FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Global Rom - where to get PCT-L29 or similar

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hifromoz, Junior Member on 13th March 2019, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, from Australia,
I have bought UK based honor phones before, (5C not global rom - so some carriers didnt work) but would like to get an Honor View 20 global version , and know the actual model, so I can check the frequencies on frequency checker website before I buy.
I have tried Amazon India, and also tried Hi Honor, and even emailed Huawei in Australia ( long time Huawei user prior to using Honor 5C) so far no luck .
I did find a PCI-L29 for.. $1219 ,but thats a lot more expensive than the Malaysian / Indian prices.
At this level of price purchase, i am hoping to get the model that works internationally, as I found the PCT -L29 has the right bands for Australia, but very hard to buy.
So I thought this forum would be a great place to make my first post, and see what I can did up for how to buy one. Perhaps someone can share a link , if they have bought a global one.. plenty of ebay ones etc, but when you follow the link... not global .

This isnt just for me, others on some Australian tech forums also would love to know.

Thanks!
14th March 2019, 07:13 AM |#2  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I'm in New Zealand using Pct_al10 (bought from India) I can confirm 4g and 3g work full signal on both my sims. I use Spark and Vodafone. You could lookup the bands they use and compare to the ones you need.
16th March 2019, 12:51 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamery

I'm in New Zealand using Pct_al10 (bought from India) I can confirm 4g and 3g work full signal on both my sims. I use Spark and Vodafone. You could lookup the bands they use and compare to the ones you need.

Hi Flamery, checked on frequency checker and not suitable (PCT-AL10 ) 5 bands missing for Australia - just in 4g) .
all those bands are available in the global rom.
Glad its working ok for you in NZ.
Maybe somebody else has a source of where I can get the PCT - L29 , or the international version, for less than $1219 AUD
17th March 2019, 05:04 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifromoz

Hi Flamery, checked on frequency checker and not suitable (PCT-AL10 ) 5 bands missing for Australia - just in 4g) .
all those bands are available in the global rom.
Glad its working ok for you in NZ.
Maybe somebody else has a source of where I can get the PCT - L29 , or the international version, for less than $1219 AUD

Hi, try Singapore? I got mine for SGD$720 L29 8gb version.
The Following User Says Thank You to viperc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift viperc Ad-Free
18th March 2019, 12:39 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperc

Thanks for helping - any ideas as to the outlet , just as a suggestion? I tried searching honor v20 PCT L29 singapore but got nowhere.
Any help appreciated.. sound like a great price. I could only find the aloo version sgd (Chinese version aloo - so incompatible bands)
18th March 2019, 12:33 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperc

Hi again , found two in Singapore , price is ok, PCT - L29, on their spec B28 (700 APT ) band is missing, but I have seen others in the uk , which specify 15 x 4g / lte bands (international Rom)

So you have the international rom on yours ? if not , can I get the International rom put on? (ps,. edit one shop is Mobyshop, other is Red White Mobile

Thanks
18th March 2019, 03:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Thanks for helping - any ideas as to the outlet , just as a suggestion? I tried searching honor v20 PCT L29 singapore but got nowhere.
Any help appreciated.. sound like a great price. I could only find the aloo version sgd (Chinese version aloo - so incompatible bands)

I got mine from the below link. Its a local online shopping portal. Usually discount coupons are given near weekends or every few weeks. Coupons will be something like $100 off minimum $800 purchase. Which will offset the price from $829 to $729 for the 8gb model. Its local set, so warranty is only for Singapore, n region is Asia, so asia rom. I'm not sure if they do overseas shipping, u can ask them through the portal.

https://m.qoo10.sg/item/HONOR-VIEW-2...-9-1/645717426

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote:

Hi again , found two in Singapore , price is ok, PCT - L29, on their spec B28 (700 APT ) band is missing, but I have seen others in the uk , which specify 15 x 4g / lte bands (international Rom)

So you have the international rom on yours ? if not , can I get the International rom put on? (ps,. edit one shop is Mobyshop, other is Red White Mobile

Thanks

I have bought other phones from red white mobile previously, not sure about mobyshop.
23rd March 2019, 03:05 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
im from germany and bought a PCT-L29 last week for 490€.
Generally most devices sold over here are PCT-L29.

if you want links to sellers send me a pm since i cant post links
26th March 2019, 08:35 PM |#9  
Honor Supporter
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I obtained mine (PCT-L29) from Technolec, from eBay. They are an authorized reseller and have been great to work with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Huawei-...-/233105453126
24th September 2019, 11:12 AM |#10  

More
i would like to know if how to identify my honor view 20 ROM
hi, good day , im new here and i would like to know if how to identify if my honor view 20 has a chinese rom or global rom? my honor view 20 current version is 9.1.0.238 (C185E2R2P1). i bought it in KSA.
22nd December 2019, 04:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ROM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothOT9

hi, good day , im new here and i would like to know if how to identify if my honor view 20 has a chinese rom or global rom? my honor view 20 current version is 9.1.0.238 (C185E2R2P1). i bought it in KSA.

Hi,

Just check Settings-> about phone-> model name:
- РСТ-L29 Global ROM
- РСТ-AL10 Chinese ROM.

Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mistos Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)