Screen unlocking during calls

Search This thread

the.real.nps

Mar 17, 2011
I got my View 20 recently and I'm having a problem with screen unlocking during calls. The speaker is roughly at a 45 degree angle and I think so is the proximity sensor. And it only recognizes objects that are very very close to it. In other words unless I have the phone pressed against my ear (not touching or close to, actually pressed against it) it unlocks the screen during call, the notification panel opens up and I activate things I don't wanna activate... Once just as a test I made a short phone call and I made sure to keep the top of the phone pressed against my ear at all times and somehow it still unlocked the screen and the notification panel was open...

To make things even worse, because the angle is so weird I have to keep the phone lower than I'm used to (or comfortable with) and the bottom of the phone is way below my mouth which is bad too.

It's a real issue and I don't know what I can do to fix it. Please help me.

(And just as a side note I can't believe no one has mentioned this in ANY review - even if the screen doesn't unlock for them, the angle of the speaker is still weird and to hear the sound well you have to hold the phone lower than normally. It IS significant and I have no idea why this hasn't come up in any review or opinion on the internet).

MadMadhan

Jun 12, 2015
I got my View 20 recently and I'm having a problem with screen unlocking during calls. The speaker is roughly at a 45 degree angle and I think so is the proximity sensor. And it only recognizes objects that are very very close to it. In other words unless I have the phone pressed against my ear (not touching or close to, actually pressed against it) it unlocks the screen during call, the notification panel opens up and I activate things I don't wanna activate... Once just as a test I made a short phone call and I made sure to keep the top of the phone pressed against my ear at all times and somehow it still unlocked the screen and the notification panel was open...

To make things even worse, because the angle is so weird I have to keep the phone lower than I'm used to (or comfortable with) and the bottom of the phone is way below my mouth which is bad too.

(And just as a side note I can't believe no one has mentioned this in ANY review - even if the screen doesn't unlock for them, the angle of the speaker is still weird and to hear the sound well you have to hold the phone lower than normally. It IS significant and I have no idea why this hasn't come up in any review or opinion on the internet).

Do you have any case on the phone? Sometimes the case may interfere with ur proximity sensor and cause these issues.

PintasMan

Nov 13, 2010
Coimbra
Do you have any glass screen protector? I have one and notice that is no cutout for the proximity sensor!

Attachments

• IMG_20190322_095646.jpg
    IMG_20190322_095646.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 409

dryspuri

Oct 15, 2009
Chennai
I am getting crazy with this issue and also with ghost touches, i got the screen replaced at service centre, but still problem persist

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I am getting crazy with this issue and also with ghost touches, i got the screen replaced at service centre, but still problem persist

the.real.nps

Mar 17, 2011
It's not a fault... The sensor is on the top of the device instead of the front/screen so it happens... Poor design choice that's all.
Yeah, except it's not pointed upwards, it's pointed at a roughly 45 degree angle, so it should still work more or less fine. Maybe less fine than forward-facing sensor but still ok. And I doubt that thousands (millions?) of people who bought that phone experience the same problems and no one has mentioned it yet.

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)
I'm on the second view 20... Sent first one back as I didn't like the warmish tint on the screen... Second one has a much cooler tone... Both do this with calls and my brother also has a view 20 and he has the same issue... Mine was from Amazon and he got his from carphone warehouse.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.