Tested with PCT-L29C432, this method can cause SafetyNet check to fail, i.e. disable Google Pay, Pokemon Go if firmware higher than intended for a given region is flashed ***
This means if IMEI is not approved for installation in a certain region SafetyNet might fail, so make sure to enable "Show Only FUll-OTA and Show packages for current region" in FF settings to reduce the risk of flashing a firmware for a other region.
Would people that do not have PCT-L29C432 model please leave there model here so i can add them, many thanks!
Note that if your BL is unlocked, this method will lock it!
People without USB adapter can also use this method to upgrade to approved region firmware updates but make sure only to use Full OTA packages!
Cust partition (region) will stay original based on device oeminfo. C432 wil stay C432 after upgrade and so forth.
Make sure to uninstall HiSuite first if installed.
1. Install HiSuite 301 (Do not run after install)
2. Install HiSuite patch
3. Replace XML file in (C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\HiSuite\userdat a\UpdateDogDev)
4. Unzip HStool to c:\
4. Copy rom "update_full_base" to c:\
5. Disable Internet
6. Copy C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host to desktop and remove or comment out 184.108.40.206 query.hicloud.com example https://pastebin.com/haquj6Tr
7. Copy host file back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
8. Turn off the phone
9. Hold the volume down button
10. Plug-in the USB cable while still holding the volume down button until you see fastboot
Usage: run HSTool on c:\ and follow prompts.
- Modified XML to recover Honor View 20 using HiSuite
- Downloaded full firmware using huawei firmware finder (update_full_base) or Direct Download links
- HiSuite XML
- HiSuite Patcher
SafetyNet Test List:
PCT-L29 C432 + PCT-LGRP2-OVS 220.127.116.11 = CTS Pass
PCT-L29 C432 + PCT-LGRP2-OVS 18.104.22.168 = CTS Pass
PCT-L29 C432 + PCT-LGRP2-OVS 22.214.171.124 = CTS Pass