V30

Search This thread

DJW35

Dec 15, 2016
Now that my view 20 has got Android 10, it has got even better but that new View 30 looks amazing.

Anyone going to upgrade to the view 30?

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Not me as v20 is still a solid performer. Probably will stay with this for another few months before i plan. Also, lets see about the global launch due to ban thing [emoji19], so no clarity over it yet.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

NekoMichi

Jun 15, 2014
Initially I was interested in upgrading to the V30 Pro, but when they announced that both models in the V30 series would use LCD instead of OLED that put me off so I ended up switching to the P30 Pro.

NekoMichi

Jun 15, 2014
What do you dislike about LCD?
LCDs can't display true black, whereas the improved contrast ratio of an OLED make it much easier on the eyes, especially when viewing at night. OLEDs also tend to be easier to read under bright sunlight as well as saving some battery compared to LCDs. While it's possible to have an always-on display for both OLEDs and LCDs, it will consume far more battery power on an LCD than an OLED.

DJW35

Dec 15, 2016
LCDs can't display true black, whereas the improved contrast ratio of an OLED make it much easier on the eyes, especially when viewing at night. OLEDs also tend to be easier to read under bright sunlight as well as saving some battery compared to LCDs. While it's possible to have an always-on display for both OLEDs and LCDs, it will consume far more battery power on an LCD than an OLED.

LCDs are brighter, white looks better on LCDs, colour saturation and colors looking more true-to-life or another strength of LCD, LCD screens also save moneyand most of all LCD screens don't have burn in as bad as OLED screens.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages

mchtt

Jun 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22
I am disappointed because of the v20 alternative roms non support.
No kernel sources, no bootloader unlock, no custom roms.

I love the hardware and the debloated rom is ok.

But instead of a v30 I will seek for a more open device like mi 9t pro or OnePlus ...