FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Infinix Hot 2 [Pro-2GB RAM] Review and First Impression

715 posts
Thanks Meter: 128

Post Reply Email Thread
Dears XDA Developers Members ,

I purchased a new Infinix Hot 2 Pro, i always wanted to have a device with a pure Android to play with so i found it to get an Android One Device for 115 USD (900EGP).

The device is available online throw Jumia Egypt , Almost all Infinix models are available online only and not that much at stores. Shipped and delivered in 3 days only which is very good because there is a huge demand for this device.

There are a 2 versions of this device , one with 1GB RAM wasn't branded with Android One Logo and it costs 95 USD so for extra 10 USD you get 1GB RAM , Infinix provided the users with a guide to update it to Stock Android but the 2GB RAM model is branded as Android One and running 5.1.1 out of the box.

Let's start with the unboxing and have a look for the latest member of Android One program family.

Jumia Egypt Package

Jumia Egypt Box which contain the mobile for a safe delivery

Inside the box the X510 box

As you can see the box is branded with Android One Logo

Bigger Android One logo at the side of the box

Main device specifications

Android One Program disclaimer and 2 Years support of updates directly from Google which is very nice if it's true

Importer Name and Info

Packing overall was good with a good quality box

Here is the first Look at the phone

Infinx Logo and Hot Logo along with Android One at the back of the device

At the right side the Power and Volume Buttons

At the bottom you can find the speaker which is good, so the speaker is always will be loud whatever you put it on a desk or bed

The 3.5m Audio and USB/Charge Port at the top

Micro SD Card Slot and 2 SIM Slots , i added a 32GB Micro SD Card and works just fine with no problems

Accessories comes i a mini separated boxes

Charger

2200mAh Battery

USB Cable, Headphones, Catalogs and Warranty Certificate

Full Package

Front camera and sensors , in between of them a notification LED

Build quality overall is great , you can't feel that it's a cheap phone , looks very nice and easy to handle, feels snappy and works just fine so far

In the next post i will add a screenshots from inside the device with CPUZ info and Antutu Benchmark
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohamedYousri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MohamedYousri Ad-Free

2nd October 2015, 10:09 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Pre-Loaded Applications

Android 5.1.1 Out Of The Box

23MB System Updates , Notification received a few minutes after connecting to WiFi

Lock Screen

After the System Update

Internal Memory Available Storage

CPU-Z Details

Antutu Benchmark results

The Test again

Home Screen After 1st Boot

The Following User Says Thank You to MohamedYousri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MohamedYousri Ad-Free
3rd October 2015, 05:04 PM |#3  
Flag Mombasa
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Too bad we don't yet have this in Kenya. Instead, we have the 1GB RAM version. But android 5.1.1 on it runs like butter.

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Tapatalk
7th October 2015, 08:38 AM |#4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 75

More
can you please tell us what sensors available for this device? proximity/gyro/accelerometer ?

I'm getting the 2GB version for Indonesia. looking forward to root and install custom recovery...hopefully custom roms are developed soon. thanks for making the thread!
27th October 2015, 02:44 PM |#5  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 3

More
perfect review, I was intended to get one myself from Jumia Egypt, I'm a content Souq client who never dealt with Jumia before but it's 1199 EGP on Souq! so it worth trying them..
I was also thinking about sensors, I'm surprised that such an impressive phone doesn't have a magnetic sensor (is it the gyro thing or was it something else?) I'm concerned about this very sensor for Google maps and praying compass..
you have my thanks
2nd November 2015, 08:20 AM |#6  
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Infinix Hot 2 vs Qmobile A1
I am moving to Hot 2 because of its better screen, better camera, better battery, and 2GB ram. However. Too bad Hot 2 doesn't support sensors needed for Virtual Reality and 360 degree videos. Attachment is screenshot of sensors in Qmobile A1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20151101-023354.png
Views:	450
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	3528026  
7th November 2015, 06:24 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 594

Donate to Me
More
got mine today - gold color
got mine today - gold color
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0136.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	3534284  
18th November 2015, 09:52 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAQiL

I am moving to Hot 2 because of its better screen, better camera, better battery, and 2GB ram. However. Too bad Hot 2 doesn't support sensors needed for Virtual Reality and 360 degree videos. Attachment is screenshot of sensors in Qmobile A1

To Kya Ye Set Lena Chaiye Ya Nahi Main ye set lena chata tha but sensor dekh ke ab acha set nahi lag raha sensors ki waja se matlab ke is main sensors wali koei bhi games nahi khel sakte phr to masla ho gya yr ye fast ha camera acha ha is liye main qmobile ke bajaye ye set lana chata tha ab lagta ha wapis qmobile pe ajao us main bhot ziyada sensors hain
18th December 2015, 03:10 AM |#9  
Flag Jakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAQiL

It is typical Infinix Phone.
They throw sufficient proc and RAM, also battery. But always lacking in sensors.

Sent from my Redmi2 Prime using Tapatalk
20th December 2015, 08:24 PM |#10  
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzammilKhowaja

To Kya Ye Set Lena Chaiye Ya Nahi Main ye set lena chata tha but sensor dekh ke ab acha set nahi lag raha sensors ki waja se matlab ke is main sensors wali koei bhi games nahi khel sakte phr to masla ho gya yr ye fast ha camera acha ha is liye main qmobile ke bajaye ye set lana chata tha ab lagta ha wapis qmobile pe ajao us main bhot ziyada sensors hain

Those are advance sensors. All sensors needed for gaming are available in Hot 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)