LuneOS (webOS Ports)

Search This thread

firepower9966

Oct 6, 2013
Hanoi
Webos Ports has released Open webOS for Touchpad and now has new name of LuneOS.
This be another OS for our touchpad :)
Warning its still early Alpha. I hope it also get some supports

http://webos-ports.org/wiki/Tenderloin_Info

I have data reset my Touchpad and installed android Kitkat via the great Touchpad Toolbox by jcsullins. I like to dual boot between android and LuneOS

The difficult part is to do step 1. of install with no webOS. installed. I have tried but have limited knowledge of android / linux file systems :(

1. Create an ext3fs lvm partition of at least 1GB (use Tailor or Meta-Doctor to achieve this). It must be named ext3fs ! Tailor automatically uses this name for an ext3 partition.

If some dev or android guru's could help by creating a android app or script to create ext3fs partition and allow it to be mounted. (maybe another option for Touchpad Toolbox) ;)

LuneOS is based on android kernel/drivers and even list android version in settings / about.
The future plan is to be able to install on any rooted android device. Currently installs on Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012), and Touchpad.

Last edited:

firepower9966

Oct 6, 2013
Hanoi
You could always use the touchpad toolbox to reinstall webos then follow the instructions there…

I tried it and was lot of work for create one partition, I corrupted my webos boot and the lune.OS image had bug of no WiFi connection.(webos Ports were quick to update new image that worked). Had to data reset and start again. After seeing that lune.OS is android based has to be a easier way for us who now only have android. I don't plan to go back to webos as apps are loosing there support and browser so outdated. Line.OS is using modern browser engine, so even not many apps should be able to use websites apps.

Last edited:

chris5s

I think atm its a very major WIP, and as such installation etc is for the very hardy lol.
Once more development has taken place then it will become easier to install and use.

Btw, think maybe this thread should be in a different forum?

Anyway, thanks for the info!

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
I think atm its a very major WIP, and as such installation etc is for the very hardy lol.
Once more development has taken place then it will become easier to install and use.

Btw, think maybe this thread should be in a different forum?

Anyway, thanks for the info!

It should be in the "Other Touchpad Development" forum

Atari-San

Jun 23, 2013
I think what could help you might be this topic : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426244

If you try to do something like this, just knowing what are the partition space and name value you need instead for android /data/media and the luna webOS port and you might be able to do something.

General Idea :
#1 : Using the recovery from the link, make the partition you need for luna and make a single partition of android which is the media store line, don't do the other line if you don't need it, they are legacy dual boot value.
#2 : Untar your installing file, you might want to refer to the old Arch Linux installer or Ubuntu Installer, they are pretty easy to code.
#3 : Boot Toolbox and install your android.

I hope for you this Luna WebOS port don't use the old media partition from Android non data/media because it will be a pain to get enough space for each partition to share between the 2 OS.

Edit : Ok, so you really need WebOS... Ok, just follow the full tutorial from the link or use the toolbox by following the onscreen tutorial (toolbox's the better option). I was thinking it was something like the Ubuntu Touch install or other Linux.

Last edited:

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
I think what could help you might be this topic : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426244

If you try to do something like this, just knowing what are the partition space and name value you need instead for android /data/media and the luna webOS port and you might be able to do something.

General Idea :
#1 : Using the recovery from the link, make the partition you need for luna and make a single partition of android which is the media store line, don't do the other line if you don't need it, they are legacy dual boot value.
#2 : Untar your installing file, you might want to refer to the old Arch Linux installer or Ubuntu Installer, they are pretty easy to code.
#3 : Boot Toolbox and install your android.

I hope for you this Luna WebOS port don't use the old media partition from Android non data/media because it will be a pain to get enough space for each partition to share between the 2 OS.

Edit : Ok, so you really need WebOS... Ok, just follow the full tutorial from the link or use the toolbox by following the onscreen tutorial (toolbox's the better option). I was thinking it was something like the Ubuntu Touch install or other Linux.

You may be able to set Lune OS and Android on the same /data/media and then set permissions in each OS to only allow each respected OS read its own "sdcard".

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

alex1301

Sep 11, 2011
Nuremberg
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hey guys,
I have two questions.
1. How can I install a new nightly? There are so many different files for one date.
2.Can I replace webos with lunaOs? and how can I do it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Webos Ports has released Open webOS for Touchpad and now has new name of LuneOS.
    This be another OS for our touchpad :)
    Warning its still early Alpha. I hope it also get some supports

http://webos-ports.org/wiki/Tenderloin_Info

I have data reset my Touchpad and installed android Kitkat via the great Touchpad Toolbox by jcsullins. I like to dual boot between android and LuneOS

The difficult part is to do step 1. of install with no webOS. installed. I have tried but have limited knowledge of android / linux file systems :(

1. Create an ext3fs lvm partition of at least 1GB (use Tailor or Meta-Doctor to achieve this). It must be named ext3fs ! Tailor automatically uses this name for an ext3 partition.

If some dev or android guru's could help by creating a android app or script to create ext3fs partition and allow it to be mounted. (maybe another option for Touchpad Toolbox) ;)

LuneOS is based on android kernel/drivers and even list android version in settings / about.
    The future plan is to be able to install on any rooted android device. Currently installs on Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012), and Touchpad.
    There are 2 types of luneOS images, one Dev and one non Dev, Dev has a lot of inbuilt logging for developers.
    There is now a luneOS forum at
    http://forums.webosnation.com/luneos/
    The luneOS install has been updated and easier to understand.