FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][TENDERLOIN] PAC-ROM MM BETA

1,782 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,825

By shumash, Senior Member on 8th June 2016, 08:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

PAC Homepage Vendor Repositories ROM Source Device and Kernel Repositories Gerrit Review Jenkins Buildsystem Jenkins Builds and Stats Crowdin Translations Changelogs JIRA Bugs and Issues Reporting Wiki - Tutorials and Info Discussion and Support Forum Downloads Become a Maintainer PAC-ROM Stats Team and Contributors Google Plus Google Plus Community Twitter Facebook

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

* PAC-ROM Download *

* Mirror *

* GApps *

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your tablet breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

*FIRST TIME USERS: *
* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/system/caches *

* Flash the ROM and GApps together *

* Reboot your tablet *

* Enjoy *

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your tablet *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

* Submit a bug report *

*See second post for current issues

* Submit a patch *

* See second post *
* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

*Extra special thanks to flintman for his tireless work on the TP!*

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support us with these banners:

Help with server costs

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shumash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shumash Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 08:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
In Process
Currently, this is basically a CM ROM with some tweaks in the PAC Console app (more will be added as the ROM matures.)
NOT WORKING:
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera

ISSUES:

Boot up is LOOOOONG.

If the Android keyboard fc's on you during initialization, skip all the initialization that requires it. After you get to the home screen, go to Settings=>Language and Input=>Current Keyboard. Click on it and set the keyboard to the Google keyboard. You can then go back and setup the missing items.

There are numerous settings for the kernel. I suggest getting Kernel Adiutor from the Playstore for customization. I've set max CPU to 1782MHz and min to 384 (do not set it to 192 or you will get random reboots), smartmax governor, simple gpu governor, and ROW scheduler
Enjoy!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shumash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shumash Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 10:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumash

I'm testing the build now and should be available in a day or two. Currently, it's basically a CM ROM with some basic tweaks in the PAC Console app. More will be added as the ROM matures. As of now everything works, but I haven't found a gapps package that doesn't break the Android (AOSP) keyboard. To be able to setup wifi, I had to sideload the Google keyboard and disable the Android one.

Way to go Shumash! Glad you are still around.
26th June 2016, 02:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Worked with this for a while today. Good hookup on wifi and good video. Worth a try for the CM fans.
29th June 2016, 12:54 PM |#5  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I have tried this today, but does not have root. Is there an option to enable root?.
1st July 2016, 11:48 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepower9966

I have tried this today, but does not have root. Is there an option to enable root?.

Search is your friend: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1434
2nd July 2016, 01:15 AM |#7  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thanks, I did look for it in setting and developer mode, but did not see it. I been using evervol 6.01 ROM and thought I give yours a try have enjoyed using your previous PAC MAN ROM. May be a note about SU / Root in first post may help those trying it out.
I did not get any pop-ups messages asking about privace guard requesting access for apps. I only used for a day or two then switch back to evervol because no root. Bootups were extremely long as noted in first post, even reboots after installing new app.
3rd July 2016, 05:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does the Slim Gapps have Play store? I don't seem to have them after reboot?

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Nevermind. I found the issue. I had the storage set up too small. Great ROM!
14th July 2016, 04:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Can I use tptb to install this?
14th July 2016, 06:57 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafasheck

Can I use tptb to install this?

Yes I used it to install this.

On another note, I set cm-cache and cm-system to 2GBs using slim mini Gapps but don't see Play Store after install.. Any ideas?
14th July 2016, 02:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
tptb
Quote:
Originally Posted by exProphecy

Yes I used it to install this.

On another note, I set cm-cache and cm-system to 2GBs using slim mini Gapps but don't see Play Store after install.. Any ideas?

I go to the ROM link it says UNOFFICIAL, also seems to be a AOSP.. can you provide the link to the files tha you used for the tptb installation ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)