There is no need to unroot. Follow these instructions and you should be good to go:
1. First grab Xposed (xposed-v81-sdk23-arm.zip if you are using this device/ROM) from here: http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/
2. Transfer zip to your Touchpad, reboot into custom recovery and install the zip.
3. First boot after install might take a little while, but once booted up, install the app (XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811
4. Reboot after running the app at least once.
5. Lastly, install this module from the Xposed app: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.d...nce.rootcloak2
You should then be able to hide root from those specific apps.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app