FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Evervolv | 6.0.0p1 [AOSP Marshmallow 6.0.1] [3.4 kernel] [nightlies] WIFI & 4G

1,289 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,342

By flintman, Recognized Developer on 1st November 2015, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2016, 11:01 PM |#1001  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithBoxer

There is no need to unroot. Follow these instructions and you should be good to go:
1. First grab Xposed (xposed-v81-sdk23-arm.zip if you are using this device/ROM) from here: http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/
2. Transfer zip to your Touchpad, reboot into custom recovery and install the zip.
3. First boot after install might take a little while, but once booted up, install the app (XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811
4. Reboot after running the app at least once.
5. Lastly, install this module from the Xposed app: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.d...nce.rootcloak2
You should then be able to hide root from those specific apps.

I dont like xposed as it normally creates more issues. In regards to disabling root look inside toolbox you can shut it off there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th April 2016, 11:02 PM |#1002  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globaltraveler5565

TWRP version 3.0.1 released...

... But not for tenderloin yet. Does anyone know how to produce a version for HP TouchPad? Is it just a matter of finding a similar hardware model and tweak it a bit? Or is it a tougher nut to Crack? There seems to be a lot of good improvements to offer.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

I just need to update the source and build. The tp is unoffically built for the touchpad so I have been building and unoffically been supporting the touchpad.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2016, 03:39 AM |#1003  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintman

I just need to update the source and build. The tp is unoffically built for the touchpad so I have been building and unoffically been supporting the touchpad.

Direct from TeamWin website

NT

"TWRP 3.0.2-0 Released. Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP."
6th April 2016, 05:00 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpuserhp

My understanding is that you will get bootloop installing xposed on the tp with the 6.0.1 rom. I tried it and failed before.
Have you really tried it yourself and worked? Thanks.

I just tested and xposed does indeed cause a bootloop.

Is it possible to get microG working on touchpad? Freeing up even more resources should be useful.
6th April 2016, 11:00 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:

Its a 3.4 kernel thing on my list to figure out 8)

Thanks for your response...post #1000 too! I'm not superstitious, so I don't know why I find that relevant. I suppose post #1024 is a better one. Only 19 to go!
7th April 2016, 10:56 PM |#1006  

More
So, reinstalled it all again as per the precise instructions...not using twrp 3...did full clean wipe with tptb etc. and I am still getting odd freezes, hangs etc sometimes need a force reboot! Launcher 3 is the only launcher that works with any degree of reliability. Nova and GNL are largely unusable. Glad I made a backup as I feel I need to return to KK rather than MM.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA-Developers mobile app
8th April 2016, 12:49 AM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrogers61

So, reinstalled it all again as per the precise instructions...not using twrp 3...did full clean wipe with tptb etc. and I am still getting odd freezes, hangs etc sometimes need a force reboot! Launcher 3 is the only launcher that works with any degree of reliability. Nova and GNL are largely unusable. Glad I made a backup as I feel I need to return to KK rather than MM.

although it's been quite a long time since i have installed a build, i always solved that by turning off Google Now detection completely. (if you watch the device logs, Google Now detection still keeps the mic open constantly) Might help?
8th April 2016, 01:43 AM |#1008  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrogers61

Can't say you have not given it the old college try. @EricBlade is correct about Google Now. Before giving up completely, you should disable or turn off Google Now. Actually, it's the "OK Google" detection that has caused issues.

NT
The Following User Says Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nevertells2 Ad-Free
8th April 2016, 04:52 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

I dont like xposed as it normally creates more issues. In regards to disabling root look inside toolbox you can shut it off there.

Are you talking about the option to turn off Superuser Access? Already tried that. The app still detects that my device is rooted.
8th April 2016, 05:50 AM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I have been unsuccessful at getting signature spoofing working on Touchpad. I was hoping test the impact switching to microG would have on Touchpad.

flintman would it be possible to add signature spoofing to the rom? The microG topic links this and this as patches needed to enable signature spoofing.
8th April 2016, 07:54 AM |#1011  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Can't say you have not given it the old college try. @EricBlade is correct about Google Now. Before giving up completely, you should disable or turn off Google Now. Actually, it's the "OK Google" detection that has caused issues.

NT

I'm like a dog with a bone...I'll reinstall and avoid anything except Launcher 3. Thanks, and maybe the next build...

--- UPDATE ---
@nevertells2 I'm trying 6 again fresh tonight...so we'll see how it goes if I avoid all Launchers except Launcher3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)