FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Evervolv | 6.0.0p1 [AOSP Marshmallow 6.0.1] [3.4 kernel] [nightlies] WIFI & 4G

1,290 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,342

By flintman, Recognized Developer on 1st November 2015, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th April 2016, 02:39 PM |#1021  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZorro

Does anybody else also have trouble streaming HD1080 video onto TP with this ROM?
I seem to remember I could use the TP just fine with apps like Kodi, Plex and DSvideo to play files from my Synology NAS.
Now I have mostly a green/stuttering/blocky screen while the audio plays good. It's not pauzing or buffering, just 'hulkish' with a lot of blocks/artifacts and not watchable at all.
Sometimes it works shortly after a fresh install or complete shutdown-restart. MXplayer with or without hardware codecs (1.7.4 or 1.8) doesn't help either and before I could throw virtually everything at it.
Maybe somebody can shed a light onto this and/or point me I the right direction and maybe knows if it is ROM related or just my settings.

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

I'll test this and let you know. If you don't hear from me, it's working fine and I have no suggestions other than fresh install as per post #987.

12th April 2016, 05:54 PM |#1022  
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Quote:

Does anybody else also have trouble streaming HD1080 video onto TP with this ROM?
I seem to remember I could use the TP just fine with apps like Kodi, Plex and DSvideo to play files from my Synology NAS.
Now I have mostly a green/stuttering/blocky screen while the audio plays good. It's not pauzing or buffering, just 'hulkish' with a lot of blocks/artifacts and not watchable at all.
Sometimes it works shortly after a fresh install or complete shutdown-restart. MXplayer with or without hardware codecs (1.7.4 or 1.8) doesn't help either and before I could throw virtually everything at it.
Maybe somebody can shed a light onto this and/or point me I the right direction and maybe knows if it is ROM related or just my settings.

Yes, I have similar experiences. It might need some video heap size optimization in the ROM.
12th April 2016, 11:31 PM |#1023  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globaltraveler5565

AT&T speed upgrade

I've had an interesting day. Sometime this morning both tablets started dropping the WiFi link and would not reconnect; even a manual reconnect would only stay up for a few minutes. I was just about to throw a hissy-fit on AT&T when I received an email from them telling me they had granted me a free upgrade of speed to "elite" status (whatever that is). I've previously been seeing speeds of 3mbs down and 750kbs up as normal operation.

So I checked the Internet speed on my monster pc and found it was still the old speed. Rebooting the router for two minutes of cold outage stabilized the speed at 7.5mbs down and 1.3mbs up. Looks like they approximately doubled my apparent usable speeds. And now the tablets are connecting and staying on for longer time (no dropouts at all over last four hours).

Advice: if you are frequently losing WiFi connectivity, try resetting the router to a complete cold start, and let it settle into the network for a few minutes before restarting your TP device. Who knows, it might even work.

BTW, I've set the router to use channel 6. I've tried each/all the other channels without much success. The link gets dropped often on everything but the middle of the range. If you have the router set to auto channel set, you might see it opt to channel 11 all the time. Try forcing it to channel 6 and see if it improves anything. You will need the admin password to make changes like this. Good luck.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

If your router has a 5ghz radio, you might try connecting your TouchPad to 5ghz. Very few people know about 5ghz. In my neighborhood, I have channel 36 all to myself.

NT

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrogers61

Are you using "open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20160328.zip"?

Try the MM Delta Gapps from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...107-1-t2997368, and this recovery, update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612b from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14847, do a full clean wipe with TPTB and copy the above files with the ROM to the ttinstall folder.

See post #987 for more details.

@exProphecy and @Globaltraveler5565, if you get weird flashing on first boot when you press the HOME button, just reboot and it goes away. It's a work in progress!

You have learned well grasshopper!

NT

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrogers61

Mine soemtimes drops wifi...and if i force find its there and working okay. Other than that on Smartmax and fiops its working quite well, as long as i stick with launcher3 and avoid google voice search (which causes me huge issues).

Also dont like this AOSP keyboard. It doesnt seem to autocorrect even though all the options are on, ans word suggestions is also broken. Youll notice a distinct lack of apostrophes and so forth in this post because im lazy and autocorrect / suggestions arent working.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA-Developers mobile app

You are supposed to be able to disable Google voice search(OK Google). Look around in the settings for the Google App for a way to turn that feature off.

You should really try Hackers Keyboard. It's like having a PC keyboard on your tablet.

NT

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote:

Do you realize that streaming 1080P video on a screen the size of the TouchPad is really a waste of bandwidth? Where you really need 1080P is on a 55 inch screen and larger. Even 720P on a 55 inch screen looks really good.

NT
The Following User Says Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nevertells2 Ad-Free
12th April 2016, 11:36 PM |#1024  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

If your router has a 5ghz radio, you might try connecting your TouchPad to 5ghz. Very few people know about 5ghz. In my neighborhood, I have channel 36 all to myself.

NT

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

You have learned well grasshopper!

NT

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

You are supposed to be able to disable Google voice search(OK Google). Look around in the settings for the Google App for a way to turn that feature off.

You should really try Hackers Keyboard. It's like having a PC keyboard on your tablet.

NT

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Do you realize that streaming 1080P video on a screen the size of the TouchPad is really a waste of bandwidth? Where you really need 1080P is on a 55 inch screen and larger. Even 720P on a 55 inch screen looks really good.

NT

Nope, I only have B and G on the router provided by AT&T. I've thought about buying a private N or AC router that would be hard wired back to the AT&T device. Any suggestions for a reliable gear?

13th April 2016, 12:14 AM |#1025  

More
Quote:

Nope, I only have B and G on the router provided by AT&T. I've thought about buying a private N or AC router that would be hard wired back to the AT&T device. Any suggestions for a reliable gear?

I'd just get anything N that has good ddwrt support and go from there.

Check out the ddwrt router database and then use a popular auction site!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tedrogers61 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tedrogers61 Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 02:52 AM |#1026  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Quote:

The speed that data moves at(802.11a,b,g,n,a/c) has nothing to do with the frequency on which it moves, either 2.4ghz or 5ghz. The 2.4ghz spectrum is becoming extremely crowded. We are fortunate enough to own a tablet that can take advantage of either band if one owns a wireless router that has both. And I did say "If your router has a 5ghz radio".

Don't waste your money on a router that supports the a/c standard unless you already own or plan to own a WiFi device that uses a/c. You are going to be spending $150+ for a decent a/c router. Beware of $49 a/c routers.

I was suggesting that you switch to the 5ghz side of your router, of course if you owned one. Like I said, it's not crowded in 5ghz land.

NT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nevertells2 Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 09:27 AM |#1027  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Screen Flickering
Hey all, I just did a clean install of the 6.0.1-nightly-2016.03.19 build on my touchpad and have had screen flickering issues right from the start. I grabbed relevant logs from dmesg, ksgl-3d0 freaking out here: pastebin.com/CFaC86zv

Not quite sure what triggers this, I don't see a pattern on what apps are affected, however for me, it is quite reliable to trigger this on powering off the screen (as seen in dmesg log). I'll check up on earlier testing releases and see what other versions have the same flickering. Regardless, anyone else seeing this sort of thing?
13th April 2016, 10:15 AM |#1028  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:

NT

Yes, i realize, thank you very much for that information. Thing is that i happen to own a '55 inch screen and larger' so i have 1080p files stored on my NAS. Getting 720p files just in case i would like to watch them on my TP would be a real waste of bandwith i think.
I mostly view those on my big screen but sometimes i want to watch on my TP. I don't mind if files need transcoding but even then i have trouble playing/streaming those files.
So maybe i can learn from people that have similair setups and can stream just fine. As stated before, it worked before and if it is possible i would like to get it working.
And if i can narrow down that it is not ROM-related i can leave this thread alone and look elsewehere for a possible solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroZorro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZeroZorro Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 10:55 AM |#1029  

More
Quote:

The speed that data moves at(802.11a,b,g,n,a/c) has nothing to do with the frequency on which it moves, either 2.4ghz or 5ghz. The 2.4ghz spectrum is becoming extremely crowded. We are fortunate enough to own a tablet that can take advantage of either band if one owns a wireless router that has both. And I did say "If your router has a 5ghz radio".

Don't waste your money on a router that supports the a/c standard unless you already own or plan to own a WiFi device that uses a/c. You are going to be spending $150+ for a decent a/c router. Beware of $49 a/c routers.

I was suggesting that you switch to the 5ghz side of your router, of course if you owned one. Like I said, it's not crowded in 5ghz land.

NT

Nobody on my street uses 5ghz band either...it's lonely looking on the wifi monitor....all on my own on ch. 36 too! Doesn't cut through walls as well though, so I do still flip to 2.4 now and again.

Quite impressed that the TP uses 5ghz though...

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelper2

Hey all, I just did a clean install of the 6.0.1-nightly-2016.03.19 build on my touchpad and have had screen flickering issues right from the start. I grabbed relevant logs from dmesg, ksgl-3d0 freaking out here: pastebin.com/CFaC86zv

Not quite sure what triggers this, I don't see a pattern on what apps are affected, however for me, it is quite reliable to trigger this on powering off the screen (as seen in dmesg log). I'll check up on earlier testing releases and see what other versions have the same flickering. Regardless, anyone else seeing this sort of thing?

I was just mentioning this a few posts ago...just restart, and it should go away. It happened to me on fresh install (every time!). It's a feature!

Do you also get blue vertical lines on boot? I expect you do.

Don't install Google Now Launcher, or at least disable Ok Google - it proper borks the ROM. Other than that it feels okay.

...and don't expect BlueTooth to work. Mine is choppy on audio, but sort of working. BT file transfer doesn't work at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to tedrogers61 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tedrogers61 Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 12:01 PM |#1030  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchasard

Just to report that I have some WiFi disconnection .... Don't know if it's due to my provider or the last ROM version
Any guys with this issue?

Had similar WiFi dropout issues and eventually determined I had Roku interference issues as my remote sat next to my touchpad.

If you have a Roku 3 or 4, the remote uses WiFi. It also uses the same band as that used to connect the Roku to your router. If you use the Ethernet connection, it apparently uses the 2.4GHz band. There is no way to manually force a setup on the Roku.

To reduce interference, setup your Roku to connect via the 5GHz band. The remote will then use the 5GHz band and stop unnecessary interference on the 2.4GHz band.

Hope this helps...

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
13th April 2016, 01:36 PM |#1031  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelper2

I've occasionally seen this related to Firefox when I leave the app. When I use 3C tool to force terminate Firefox, the issue goes away. It doesn't happen regularly or often. I haven't seen it happen with any other apps, so it might be Javascript or java. I'll try to catch the logs when this next shows up.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)