FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Evervolv | 6.0.0p1 [AOSP Marshmallow 6.0.1] [3.4 kernel] [nightlies] WIFI & 4G

1,289 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,342

By flintman, Recognized Developer on 1st November 2015, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd November 2015, 02:39 PM |#21  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzib6sw

Got a couple of Keyboard double clicks when entering details for the 1st time (Wifi selection page) and also screen rotation doesnt appear to be functioning..
If i reboot with the TP held in portrait, it come up in portrait but wont rotate to landscape when at the home screen.. likewise, Boot up on landscap, no rotation to portrait.. Setting in "Display" is set to rotate contents.. There doesnt appear to be the older 90,180,270 degree etc

Excellent work @flintman... Thank you

I have seen a few double key entries as well using the ASOP keyboard. But it seems to have settled down after a few reboots and letting the ROM settle in.
The screen rotation is definitely a problem but it appears to be so only for the home screen. Once I open any app, the screen rotation seems to work fine, all orientations. When app is closed the home screen reverts and is frozen in either landscape or portrait as described. I have tried several different launchers - all the same ooutcome.

UPDATE: well, so much for that. After letting the TP charge/sit idle for about 2 hours, now the screen doesn't rotate at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to MossyLawn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MossyLawn Ad-Free

3rd November 2015, 02:50 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpuserhp

Thanks flintman for a great test build of MM for TP. Most of the apps run with no problems. But the Titanium Backup and facebook messenger are not working. The logcat is attached for your review. Thanks!

Without titanium source this will be hard to solve my hope is once I get the external sd mounting it will fix that. Helium works that is what I have been using.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2015, 03:24 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Did a full wipe so I could try this out. Looking forward to seeing this progress. Thanks!
3rd November 2015, 04:30 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Just wondering how the video works on this OS. I mainly use my touchpad when I travel, watching videos and reading Nook books.
Thanks
3rd November 2015, 05:42 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintman

Without titanium source this will be hard to solve my hope is once I get the external sd mounting it will fix that. Helium works that is what I have been using.

Thanks flintnan for your review. I did more testing this morning and I found two more issues. One is chromecast screen mirroring does not work. But i can cast video using chromecast to TV. The other thing is one tv streaming app does not stream successfully. The logcat is attached.
One observation is the settings->battery only shows the screen entry.
The majority of my apps work and thank you!
3rd November 2015, 06:20 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyLawn

I have seen a few double key entries as well using the ASOP keyboard. But it seems to have settled down after a few reboots and letting the ROM settle in.
The screen rotation is definitely a problem but it appears to be so only for the home screen. Once I open any app, the screen rotation seems to work fine, all orientations. When app is closed the home screen reverts and is frozen in either landscape or portrait as described. I have tried several different launchers - all the same ooutcome.

For me, rotation stops working after a deep sleep, for the home screen and in any apps. I have the same problem with my nexus 7, 2012, MM. No fix yet. This is the only outstanding for me for my nexus 7.
3rd November 2015, 07:37 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thank you for a great OS. Only problem I have so far is that Facebook keeps shutting down. Also when it stopped rotating, I rebooted. I prefer landscape, so I switched it to stay that way in settings.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Not sure if this is a glitch, but I plugged the Touchpad into my computer and it found the Touchpad, but no files or folders.
3rd November 2015, 07:49 PM |#28  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil1957

Thank you for a great OS. Only problem I have so far is that Facebook keeps shutting down. Also when it stopped rotating, I rebooted. I prefer landscape, so I switched it to stay that way in settings.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Not sure if this is a glitch, but I plugged the Touchpad into my computer and it found the Touchpad, but no files or folders.

Pull down menu u will see charge only click and select mtp. external sd is broken but internal will show.

3rd November 2015, 08:11 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for this Flintman.

I can confirm the autoration and Titanium Backup issues. For Titanium, I'm not sure the Restore or even the Freeze works. I tried to Freeze the stock browser and calendar, but didn't work.

Another question..
In the system settings under Evervolv->Updates, what should I be seeing? I assume these are going to some server that doesn't know about this MM ROM and MM gapps yet.
3rd November 2015, 08:21 PM |#30  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by green2000

Thanks for this Flintman.

I can confirm the autoration and Titanium Backup issues. For Titanium, I'm not sure the Restore or even the Freeze works. I tried to Freeze the stock browser and calendar, but didn't work.

Another question..
In the system settings under Evervolv->Updates, what should I be seeing? I assume these are going to some server that doesn't know about this MM ROM and MM gapps yet.

Ya no mm gapps are up there yet as still looking and right now only one mm which you are running. Apps sometimes require updates, mm not alot changed visually but there are alot of behind the scene changes.

3rd November 2015, 09:06 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpuserhp

Thanks flintnan for your review. I did more testing this morning and I found two more issues. One is chromecast screen mirroring does not work. But i can cast video using chromecast to TV. The other thing is one tv streaming app does not stream successfully. The logcat is attached.
One observation is the settings->battery only shows the screen entry.
The majority of my apps work and thank you!

Hi,

I have more entries in my Settings -> Battery page than just screen. It looks normal to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to CravingMender9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CravingMender9 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)