FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Evervolv | 6.0.0p1 [AOSP Marshmallow 6.0.1] [3.4 kernel] [nightlies] WIFI & 4G

1,290 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,342

By flintman, Recognized Developer on 1st November 2015, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2015, 03:40 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintman

Check out new download 8)

Hi flintman, I've done some testing on the new build. It fixes the crashes of es file explorer and titanium backup. I can restore some apps so i don't need to customize them again.
I had the following issues before on a tv streaming app- the app did not stream with hardware encoding; the video stops quickly with audio only when i used software encoding. Now the app streams ok with software encoding. Hardware encoding still have issues.
Chromecast screen mirroring still has problem. It seems to relate to codec issue, similar to the above streaming app issue of using hardware encoding.
Facebook messenger seems a bit better but still crashes. This time might be related to crypto.
Chrome is now more stable. Before it crashes after a while.
The new build is much better. Thank you!

I can live with the above issues.
If you have time, I can send you a logcat with just thd above issues. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to tpuserhp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tpuserhp Ad-Free

5th November 2015, 12:41 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Flintman, MM is running well on my TP - Excellent job! One thing I have noticed is the updater keep notifying of 5.0 updates. Is there somewhere I can turn the 5.0 notifications off?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
5th November 2015, 03:47 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I have a slight issue.

When trying to install the new ROM via twrp, twrp finds the internal storage empty. But the external storage is visible with previous ROMs.

In es file explorer, the external drive appears empty.

This drive was created via the touchpad tool.

Quite a weird problem
5th November 2015, 07:53 PM |#44  
Flag Federal Way,WA
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Stuck at patching system image unconditionally
I'm using the twrp recovery provided, and I resized my system partition to 900mb, but it stays at "Patching system image unconditionally" forever. What am I doing wrong?
5th November 2015, 08:01 PM |#45  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillanic

I'm using the twrp recovery provided, and I resized my system partition to 900mb, but it stays at "Patching system image unconditionally" forever. What am I doing wrong?

Try a format of system partition through the recovery. if not i would need a log http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24120-how...log-from-twrp/
5th November 2015, 08:05 PM |#46  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GivenByChrist

Flintman, MM is running well on my TP - Excellent job! One thing I have noticed is the updater keep notifying of 5.0 updates. Is there somewhere I can turn the 5.0 notifications off?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

At the current time negative. It will let you know all updates. That was one big reason for the change in file names after i believe kitkat. Before you would get a New update and not know what version it was. At least now you can see if its 5.1 or 6.0 There will be no more updates for the 5.1 roms as i have moved over to 6.0. Unless i find something in 6.0 that would help 5.1 but i will let you know. I will put that on my list of ideas to add to the updater but for now the answer is not at this time 8)
The Following User Says Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2015, 10:00 PM |#47  
Flag Federal Way,WA
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintman

Try a format of system partition through the recovery. if not i would need a log http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24120-how...log-from-twrp/

Wiped and repairing the system partition worked, thanks for keeping the touchpad alive!
5th November 2015, 10:35 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great build.
Using new build. Did clean install from pacman lollipop. Very responsive. Thank you!
6th November 2015, 12:06 AM |#49  

More
Hi flintman, the logcat is attached for your review in your spare time. Not big issues for me.
Search for libcrypto for the facebook messenge issue.
Search the following for the tv streaming issue using hardware decoder:
11-05 15:33:14.814 D/NuPlayer(157): onSetVideoSurface(0x72ec9e00, no video decoder)
11-05 15:33:30.027 W/System (457): ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /system/framework/ConnectivityExt.jar
11-05 15:33:30.028 W/System.err(457): java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.qualcomm.qti.tetherstatsextension.TetherStats Reporting" on path: DexPathList[[],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
Search for ACodec.cpp for the chromecast screen mirroring issue.

Thanks
6th November 2015, 12:36 AM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Has anyone managed to get Google Now on Tap working? The Google app keeps crashing when I try to enable or disable it.
Everything else is working perfectly for me. The battery life and performance is pretty good.
6th November 2015, 02:47 AM |#51  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfireblaze8

Has anyone managed to get Google Now on Tap working? The Google app keeps crashing when I try to enable or disable it.
Everything else is working perfectly for me. The battery life and performance is pretty good.

I don't use it but tried it which crashed with the following:
E/AndroidRuntime(17564): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service com.google.android.voiceinteraction.GsaVoiceIntera ctionService
The Following User Says Thank You to tpuserhp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tpuserhp Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)