[ROM] Evervolv | 6.0.0p1 [AOSP Marshmallow 6.0.1] [3.4 kernel] [nightlies] WIFI & 4G

Search This thread

tpuserhp

Jul 1, 2013
Check out new download 8)

Hi flintman, I've done some testing on the new build. It fixes the crashes of es file explorer and titanium backup. I can restore some apps so i don't need to customize them again.
I had the following issues before on a tv streaming app- the app did not stream with hardware encoding; the video stops quickly with audio only when i used software encoding. Now the app streams ok with software encoding. Hardware encoding still have issues.
Chromecast screen mirroring still has problem. It seems to relate to codec issue, similar to the above streaming app issue of using hardware encoding.
Facebook messenger seems a bit better but still crashes. This time might be related to crypto.
Chrome is now more stable. Before it crashes after a while.
The new build is much better. Thank you!

I can live with the above issues.
If you have time, I can send you a logcat with just thd above issues. Thanks.

Reactions: flintman

4GivenByChrist

Dec 20, 2010
Flintman, MM is running well on my TP - Excellent job! One thing I have noticed is the updater keep notifying of 5.0 updates. Is there somewhere I can turn the 5.0 notifications off?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

w1ll1m

Jul 15, 2010
I have a slight issue.

When trying to install the new ROM via twrp, twrp finds the internal storage empty. But the external storage is visible with previous ROMs.

In es file explorer, the external drive appears empty.

This drive was created via the touchpad tool.

Quite a weird problem

Nillanic

Apr 24, 2011
Federal Way,WA
Stuck at patching system image unconditionally

I'm using the twrp recovery provided, and I resized my system partition to 900mb, but it stays at "Patching system image unconditionally" forever. What am I doing wrong?

flintman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 25, 2011
MASS
Flintman, MM is running well on my TP - Excellent job! One thing I have noticed is the updater keep notifying of 5.0 updates. Is there somewhere I can turn the 5.0 notifications off?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

At the current time negative. It will let you know all updates. That was one big reason for the change in file names after i believe kitkat. Before you would get a New update and not know what version it was. At least now you can see if its 5.1 or 6.0 There will be no more updates for the 5.1 roms as i have moved over to 6.0. Unless i find something in 6.0 that would help 5.1 but i will let you know. I will put that on my list of ideas to add to the updater but for now the answer is not at this time 8)

Reactions: williamfold

Johnvgt

Mar 20, 2014
Great build.

Using new build. Did clean install from pacman lollipop. Very responsive. Thank you!

tpuserhp

Jul 1, 2013
Hi flintman, the logcat is attached for your review in your spare time. Not big issues for me.
Search for libcrypto for the facebook messenge issue.
Search the following for the tv streaming issue using hardware decoder:
11-05 15:33:14.814 D/NuPlayer(157): onSetVideoSurface(0x72ec9e00, no video decoder)
11-05 15:33:30.027 W/System (457): ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /system/framework/ConnectivityExt.jar
11-05 15:33:30.028 W/System.err(457): java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.qualcomm.qti.tetherstatsextension.TetherStatsReporting" on path: DexPathList[[],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
Search for ACodec.cpp for the chromecast screen mirroring issue.

Thanks

Last edited:

nightfireblaze8

Jul 27, 2013
Has anyone managed to get Google Now on Tap working? The Google app keeps crashing when I try to enable or disable it.
Everything else is working perfectly for me. The battery life and performance is pretty good.

tpuserhp

Jul 1, 2013
Has anyone managed to get Google Now on Tap working? The Google app keeps crashing when I try to enable or disable it.
Everything else is working perfectly for me. The battery life and performance is pretty good.

I don't use it but tried it which crashed with the following:
E/AndroidRuntime(17564): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service com.google.android.voiceinteraction.GsaVoiceInteractionService

Reactions: nightfireblaze8

firepower9966

Oct 6, 2013
Hanoi
Does anyone know of a gapps 6 that can remove default asop apps, (keyboard, calendar, browser etc) I rather have more like stock nexus.

Mar 1, 2014
Youtube video stops playing on 720p 60fps quality setting

Hi flintman! just wanted to let you know that in Youtube, video stops playing when i set the quality setting to 720p 60fps.

Thanks for your continued hard work and commitment to our beloved touchpad

rfoster2009

Oct 3, 2015
New York
I'm still running into the auto-rotate issues. The newest build has it working for a bit longer than the first build, but it still ceases to work after some use. I'll upload my logs before I do a reboot of the TP.

rfoster2009

Oct 3, 2015
New York
Im working in the google R26 release. Hopefully takes care of alot of this stuff. Im almost done with it and will test all these issues that have been posted. Thanks for all the testing everyone

It's not enough to say thank you for all of this development and time you put into this amazing device! My TP was given to me by a friend after I hard bricked my Nook Galaxy Tab 4 and I'm more in love with this than I ever was with my Tab 4.

Reactions: flintman

yasingedik

mock locations

I have a small issue to report:
I am playing ingress, a location based game. It checks if mock locations are enabled in developer settings. but even though there are no mock location app is selected ingress complains it is enabled. So, I've made my research. Some (very less in numbers) people appears to have this issue and it is resolved with clean install. But I tried clean install and did not help.
I have seen a setting in build.prop named ro.allow.mock.locations set to 1
I tried to change it to 0 and save the file, but it does no effect and file is reset to original with every boot.
I tried setting property with adb shell and it doesn't seem to have any effect either.

Please help. I want to play this game on my tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Evervolv | 6.0.0p1 [AOSP Marshmallow 6.0.1] [3.4 kernel] [nightlies] WIFI & 4G

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is Marshmallow(Android 6.0.1).

Current version: 6.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
    Updated 07-13-2016

WIFI MODEL
    • Camera

4G list
    • Camera
    • hotspot -- requires reboot if you turn hotspot on it kills network interface.
    You tell me what you find.

[Download]
    [Unoffical TWRP Builds]
    2.8.7.0 TWRP recovery with MTP support and F2FS. http://evervolv.com/get/FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-f2fs-2.8.7.0-12-17-15.zip Fixed up reboot to recovery in recovery
    3.0.0.0 TWRP recovery with MTP support and F2FS. http://evervolv.com/get/FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-f2fs-3.0.0.0-2-07-15.zip Updated to 3.0.0.0
    3.0.2.0 TWRP recovery with MTP support and F2FS. http://evervolv.com/get/FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-f2fs-3.0.2.0-4-27-16.zip Updated to 3.0.2.0

**REQUIRES 800MB System Partition MIN.
    WIFI MODEL TEST BUILDS

WIFI MODEL NIGHTLIES
    http://evervolv.com/devices/tenderloin NIGHTLIES

4G MODEL TEST BUILDS

4G MODEL NIGHTLIES
    http://evervolv.com/devices/tenderloin4g NIGHTLIES

These are the gapps im using. http://opengapps.org/?api=6.0&variant=nano gapps that seem to work the best with marshmallow UPDATED 11-28-15

****************************************PLEASE READ**************************************************************
    F2FS installs. If you want to try out F2FS you will have to wipe your data parition which includes your internal sd card. Some steps if you want to backup your data. PLEASE NOTE DON'T DO THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING CAN CAUSE ISSUES OR LOST DATA. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS IT WILL STILL WORK WITH THE CURRENT FORMAT EXT4.
    -- Flash the F2FS compatible TWRP Recovery
    -- Boot into Recovery
    -- Backup > Data
    -- Save your internal SD card by transfering to your PC or if you have room your external_sd
    -- Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Data > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > F2FS
    -- Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Cache > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > F2FS
    -- Copy the saved SD card content back to your device
    -- Restore > Choose backup > Data (the warning about ext4 backup doesn’t matter)
    -- Advanced > Fix Permissions
    -- Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Cache & Dalvik Cache
    -- Flash the 2-12-15 test build and gapps to ensure you got them
    -- Reboot to system

[UPGRADE(Dirty Flash)]
    I have noticed if you dirty flash on first boot you may experience a little lag or possible reboot. After it settles down no issues. Not sure if its art related on upgrades or what. Its hard to pin point as it only happens once and smooth after that. Recommend after an upgrade let it settle in before playing hard.

Thanks

FIrst boot is a little slow but that is due to art. I always recommend a clean install when upgrading but if you feel luck. Backup and try a dirty flash. If you have issues run a clean install and if you still have issues please post with a logcat. You can upload via bugreport in the toolbox under settings. If going from a differnt rom other then evervolv lollipop always clean install. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACKUP its important if you don't want to loose anything

NOTE: NEED a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

[Disclaimer]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

[Special Thanks]
    i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
    Mitchbaria --for a 4g model to start in on this
    EricBlade --for my second 4g model to start in on this for Marshmallow
    Colchiro-- For a spare Touchpad WIFI to be able to test on one and develop at the same time
    Looking like nightlies are back in operation. Tenderloin wifi and 4g models are up
    http://evervolv.com/devices/tenderloin4g
    http://evervolv.com/devices/tenderloin

These are the latest with the latest test builds.
    Ok new builds are up for wifi and 4g model. The wifi i have the HD video issue all set and the 4g build has the HD fix and the Battery drain fixes(not as good as wifi model but still pretty good).
    for those with network connectivity / stability issue, can also give 'Use legacy DHCP Client' option a try; this option can be found under Settings, Developer options.
    works well for me even though I m still on 0104 build; wifi used to cut in and out pretty option previously, now it occurs only once or twice during a 4-5hrs of video streaming.

OK new build up. Biggest things are updated kernel and wifi module. If you like performance go into the evervolv toolbox under performance. Switch the scheduler to FIOPS and governor to smartmax. Its a great setup and pulled 18000 on a benchmark. in regards to everyone issues with wifi. I switched to using backports which is an external module build. Its the same setup as the 3.0 kernel so hopefully this will fix everyones issues. Please let me know. You should see alittle saving in sleep. i would average -30's mA now its a solid -27mA. READ FIRST POST AS IF YOU HAVE WIFI ISSUE ON A FIRST START DIRTY FLASH JUST REBOOT.
    Happy flashing