FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [Tenderloin] [4.4.4] [DATA/MEDIA] TeamEOS - The Revival || Bi-Weeklies

1,325 posts
Thanks Meter: 779

By Connor Baker, Senior Member on 27th July 2014, 02:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Welcome to EOS! The EOS project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co-founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, EOS has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. EOS is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

Code:
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

We give much love and respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

Team EOS Tenderloin Bi-Weekly Builds (Sunday/Wednesday)

Tenderloin <<< Link >>>

GApps Package

Because this is an AOSP based ROM Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the ROM:

GApps <<< Link >>>

Note: If you have issues with this GApps package, please flash a different one and see if it works better for you.

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

We have multiple to choose from on the Touchpad.

TWRP
CWM
CWM Touch

Before you flash this ROM, read the following threads:

My HP TP Data/Media Recovery, Rom Notes + Install Guide (6-02-14) by mpgrimm2
How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4.2 Builds on the HP TouchPad. by RolandDeschain79
It is very important that you read these two threads so you understand what a data/media build is.

NOTE: Currently not able to be installed via the TouchPad toolbox! Support for this ROM's name has not been built in. Do not ask for an E.T.A; if it happens it happens. The current work-around is to rename the ROM to one of the toolbox supported ROMs.

Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS 4.4.x from a ROM < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything!
  • Go to recovery
  • Full wipe / factory reset
  • Format /system
  • Flash the ROM
  • Flash a different kernel if you so choose
  • Flash GApps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting.

Tenderloin comes with a fork of Milaq's 3.0 kernel. Don't let the version number fool you, this thing is beastly. Includes a 1.7ghz OC, and I think it includes GPU OC as well!

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github
Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
TeamEOS, ROM for the HP Touchpad

Contributors
Connor Baker, teameos, runandhide05
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-07-27
Last Updated 2014-11-06
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Connor Baker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Connor Baker Ad-Free

27th July 2014, 02:02 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Welcome! A brief introduction to the philosophy behind TeamEOS is in order:

If you're looking for a project with every feature on the planet, then this ROM is not for you. TeamEOS incorporates features that revolve around simplicity.

TeamEOS took a brief hiatus to work with the CodefireX project. Unfortunately, that all ended up going south in a blaze of glory. In the TeamEOS repo, you'll see references to CFX code. That code was written by team lead of EOS, bigrushdog, and is thus rightly used in his project.

I run EOS on my Tenderloin as my daily driver. The only problem is the broken camera, but there are some lovely things in the works.

As of late, I have been unable to use ART, and have been told that it does not work with our Linaro toolchains, so that's something to look out for.

*A note about my builds:
My builds may have some things changed. They may have changes from Gerrit or may be using a different kernel, or are simply compiled at a different time by me. These builds are not representative of TeamEOS, and I am not responsible for any harm that may come to your device (or yourself as a result) should you choose to use them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connor Baker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Connor Baker Ad-Free
27th July 2014, 02:02 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
IF/WHEN YOU REPORT A BUG:

Please make sure to do a full wipe, with no mods (fonts, kernels, etc.) installed, and see if the issue persists. This helps us narrow down what could be causing the issue. And please, please, include a log. There are a bunch of swell guides here on XDA that will help you get a log. I use this one as reference: Clicky-Click.
27th July 2014, 02:03 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved.
27th July 2014, 02:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

Donate to Me
More
Reserved

Unofficial build
/included casting your screen to chrome cast.
Must use enablemirror app found here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2812193
Tested and working with v4 of #enablemirror
full_tenderloin-ota-eng.zach.zip - 161.00 MB

Proof is in the pudding or in this case YouTube
Touchpad casting screen: http://youtu.be/Ybnuf3Ewd7Y
sent from(:::ยง::
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runandhide05 Ad-Free
27th July 2014, 07:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Is this a data media build
The Following User Says Thank You to iscraigh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iscraigh Ad-Free
27th July 2014, 07:11 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iscraigh

Is this a data media build

Not to be harsh, but it's in the title. Yes, it is a data media build.

Warm regards,
Connor Baker
27th July 2014, 07:56 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Tried to download the official, kept getting File not Found, so I loaded the experimental. Runs good so far, videos work fine. Can't try Chromcast because I'm at a hotel. Seems to be running good, using ART runtime. So far everything seems fairly stable.

Good job, glad to see added support for our HPTP's.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryatherton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerryatherton Ad-Free
27th July 2014, 07:59 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatherton

Tried to download the official, kept getting File not Found, so I loaded the experimental. Runs good so far, videos work fine. Can't try Chromcast because I'm at a hotel. Seems to be running good, using ART runtime. So far everything seems fairly stable.

Good job, glad to see added support for our HPTP's.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app

Got a weird build error this time round. The build server doesn't seem to have taken too kindly to an added device. I'll make another post after it builds. But for now, just use the unofficial build. Glad to hear that it's working for you

Warm regards,
Connor Baker
27th July 2014, 08:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Fully deserved reprimand must be a brain fart. appreciate the answer anyway.
27th July 2014, 08:59 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iscraigh

Fully deserved reprimand must be a brain fart. appreciate the answer anyway.

No problem. Let me know how it runs ;P

Warm regards,
Connor Baker
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)