FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Updated 4-23-19 Android 9 Pie Dirty Unicorns V13.0-20190328-1316-RC for Tenderloin

435 posts
Thanks Meter: 219

By HP_TOUCHPAD, Senior Member on 16th March 2019, 02:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Android 9 Pie for the HP Touchpad created by the Dirty Unicorns Team in specific Flintman
Updated April 23rd of 2019:
Easy Automatic process to create swap partition, changes to Ramdisk, Swap settings and Build.prop
The most important, back up any data before making any changes to the Tablet.
Click here for Instructions on how to back up the ROM to computer and restore it to any HP Touchpad
Important, do not restore the /boot partition

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

For users that have webOS and Android
WebOS has the swap partition and it can be share with Android, there is no need to Flash the file Automatic_Wipe_All_and_Create_Android_with_Swap.
But to use Dirty Unicorns and Evervolv the Android /system partition must be 1400 MB, is a requirement of Android whether using a swap partition or not.
There are two options to resize the Android /system partition.
Inside webOS using Tailor: Click here for Tailor
Using the ToolBox: Click here to download the ToolBox
After the Android /system partition have been resize Flash the ROM and all the zip files in the order listed.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Extremely important TWRP Recovery Version must be 3.1
Click here to download TWRP Recovery 3.1

Easy Automatic process to Wipe All and Create Android partitions with Swap
Flash this file to make the HP Touchpad 100% Android with a 500 MB swap partition
Click Here to Download Automatic_Wipe_All_and_Create_Android_with _Swap

Correct Process to flash the ROM
Very important all files must be flash in the same order listed for download.
1. First the ROM
2. Boost Optimized Kernel, select the highest frequency your Tablet can handle. All Kernels are the same, the speed is preset to avoid installing any Kernel App in Android.
Do not install any Apps in Android to make the Tablet work faster, it will be the opposite. It will use more RAM and cause reboots, there is nothing to change.
This is a laptop with a touch screen keyboard not a phone.
3. Flash the Open Gapps ARM version 9, is best to install Pico and build the system as need it.
If all is done specifically this way, the Tablet can be set up from the beginning with no issues and performs perfectly.

Dirty Unicorns v13 Android PIE
1.Click Here to Download the ROM
2.Click Here to Download the Boost Optimized settings with preset CPU Frequency
3.Click here to download Google Open Apps
Select Platform ARM, Android 9 and the Variant you want, Pico is recommended

Work in progress, not working
Bluethooth
Camera
Home button

Disclaimer: I am not a developer, just a regular user like YOU that have found a way to improve the Tablet and would like others to benefit by sharing the information.
I am not the creator of any ROM, Recovery or Kernel mentioned or used. All credits goes to the developers than have worked and provided the best software there is for our Tablet and there are way too many to mentioned, but everyone know who they are! Thanks a lot to all of YOU (Developers for the HP Touchpad)!
Special Thanks @flintman for all his work creating TWRP Recovery and the many customs ROMs, also @shumash for creating the Skz kernel providing higher CPU and GPU frequencies

Screenshot of Android 9 with Super Open Gapps installed.
The ROM is built for an up to date device with no restrictions, it performs as a brand new Tablet with no limitations.

DU v13 Android 9 Pie by Flintman and DU TEAM
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HP_TOUCHPAD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HP_TOUCHPAD Ad-Free

16th March 2019, 05:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice Find Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Touchie Pad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Touchie Pad Ad-Free
16th March 2019, 05:12 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchie Pad

Nice Find Thanks!

You are welcome!

The following does not work, installing only the ROM.
Camera
Bluetooth
Youtube plays very well
Very smooth
Microphone works.
Wifi works perfectly.

The only problem is that the internal storage is not accessible.
It can not even save screenshots, no access. ( it is fix on the 3-28-2019 version )
The Following User Says Thank You to HP_TOUCHPAD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HP_TOUCHPAD Ad-Free
16th March 2019, 07:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I dirty flashed the 13.x over 12.5x and did not do the open gapps, so I will have to sideload them I guess at some point since I cannot get to internal storage like you said.
It boots up, but lots of stuff does not work (like bluetooth). At least the March 2019 security updates are in place!
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to muerte33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muerte33 Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 05:33 PM |#5  
Flag Dayton

More
I can't believe we now have Pie on the old work horse. Thank you so much. I wiped everything but internal storage and did a clean install with open pico gapps. I had previously installed the DU swap in the boot directory and booting with it goes to a boot loop. I went back to 8.1 and deleted the DU swap in the boot directory and did another clean install of 9. It came right up and the few apps I have installed work. I tried installing YouTube but the play store says this version is not compatible. It won't even show it as an option. There is no access to storage from either the files app or ES File Explorer. I even tried USB with Windows and android shades out the file transfer option. All my other Pie devices give you an option in setting to set up the SD as either removeable or internal memory. I am wondering if we need to reformat internal memory to get access. I hate to kill it since I have all my install files there as well as TP Toolbox. Any suggestions welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnbelloh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnbelloh Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 06:43 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
This is the first version of Pie and it boots and works, but the permissions are set for root as the user and it does not allow access to the internal storage. ( is all fixed on version 3-28-2019 )
Flintman is working on it and fixing that issue. Keep in mind it takes time and dedication to do this.
I installed the full version of Google Open gapps that comes with youtube and it works perfectly fine. Pie will be optimize as soon as the access permission is fix.
The Tablet soon will be working better than ever and all updated to the latest software available!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HP_TOUCHPAD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HP_TOUCHPAD Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 08:21 PM |#7  
Flag Dayton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_TOUCHPAD

This is the first version of Pie and it boots and works, but the permissions are set for root as the user and it does not allow access to the internal storage.
Flintman is working on it and fixing that issue. Keep in mind it takes time and dedication to do this.
I installed the full version of Google Open gapps that comes with youtube and it works perfectly fine. Pie will be optimize as soon as the access permission is fix.
The Tablet soon will be working better than ever and all updated to the latest software available!

First
First, A big thank you to Flintman! I went ahead and flashed with mini gapps as the smallest package containing YouTube and it works fine. I will wait for the storage until it is fixed. The only other question I have is on partition sizes. I left them at the recommended sizes for the DU swap. I may be wasting memory but all appears to be working. I have TP Toolbox resident just in case. Thanks again. Also I assume we should not use the SKZ kernel since this looks later.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnbelloh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnbelloh Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 08:46 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbelloh

First
First, A big thank you to Flintman! I went ahead and flashed with mini gapps as the smallest package containing YouTube and it works fine. I will wait for the storage until it is fixed. The only other question I have is on partition sizes.
The partition sizes applied using the following:
HP TOUCHPAD Optimize for Android with Swap Partition and SKZ Kernel_ Flash Files_

Will work with Pie, Q and any future release of Android.
The /system partition is set to 1.8G, which can accommodate a Super variant of the google open gapps.
I left them at the recommended sizes for the DU swap. I may be wasting memory but all appears to be working.
Is storage space not Memory or RAM. It will be about 500MB to 600MB extra of storage space not Memory, it does not affect performance.

I have TP Toolbox resident just in case. Thanks again. Also I assume we should not use the SKZ kernel since this looks later.

There is no SKZ kernel for Pie at the moment and it will not work with Pie 9 as it only works with 8.1.
The stock Kernel of Pie 9 is not optimize yet to use the swap partition, as soon as Pie is fix it will be available and the system will improve performance and stability as more RAM (Memory) will be available in Android. (Update Pie is completely optimize more than any other ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to HP_TOUCHPAD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HP_TOUCHPAD Ad-Free
29th March 2019, 05:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
https://download.dirtyunicorns.com/?device=tenderloin du_tenderloin-v13.0-20190328-1316-RC.zip
28 de marzo de 2019
293.42M

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

du_tenderloin-v13.0-20190328-1316-RC.zip
28 de marzo de 2019 excelent room for TouchPad
29th March 2019, 07:14 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrywilson

https://download.dirtyunicorns.com/?device=tenderloin du_tenderloin-v13.0-20190328-1316-RC.zip
28 de marzo de 2019
293.42M

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

du_tenderloin-v13.0-20190328-1316-RC.zip
28 de marzo de 2019 excelent room for TouchPad

Thanks for the update ! The direct link now is updated to 03-28-2019 built.
30th March 2019, 12:01 AM |#11  
Flag Dayton

More
Very impressive. Every app I have installed works including storage. I have 6 touchpads including a brand new 4G model. Is the plan to add swap to the ROM or will it be a separate install? If I can be of any assistance testing just ask. Thank you to all involved.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)