FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 [3.4 KERNEL](Invisiblek)

838 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,277

By RolandDeschain79, Recognized Contributor on 12th January 2017, 12:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The king is dead, long live the king! invisiblek has brought us the first builds of Lineage OS to the HP TouchPad. Lineage OS replaces the now defunct CyanogenMod, CM14.1 with Lineage14.1 running Android 7.1.x. .

Main issues:
The AOSP keyboard crashes at boot, you can mute it and install the Google keyboard from an apk here. Edit: I've now added the Google Keyboard to the recommended default build of 20170112 here. In later builds you won't be able to login to the Play Store... So Install the 20170112 build login to the Google Play store and then you can dirty flash to the latest build and run it without issues. Try it out and post about your results. Big thanks to Invisiblek for his continued HP TouchPad support.
Update: A new build is available here by jshafer817. This build fixes the previously mentioned problems and can be clean installed.

HP Touchpad | LineageOS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Builds(Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zDQHvC0y9Q
[YOUTUBE]6zDQHvC0y9Q[/YOUTUBE]

Timecode:

Rom details @ 0:51
Enable root access @ 1:33
How to fix AOSP keyboard crash @ 2:19
LineageOS 14.1 overview @ 3:27
3C Battery @3:36
Antutu Benchmark @ 3:58
LineageOS 11 builds by Milaq @ 4:43

How to Install Lineage 14.1:
Do a full clean install with one of the step by step guides and videos below.
Note: It takes a very longtime to boot the first time...wait for it.

[ROM GUIDE] How to Install Android 7.x.x Nougat builds on the HP TouchPad
Or
(ROM GUIDE) Alternative method to install Android 7.x.x Nougat on Touchpad

Video Guides:

How to install Android 8.1.x/7.1.2 Oreo/Nougat on the HP TouchPad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISWZ0c48gNA

Installing Android: 8.1 Oreo, 7.1 Nougat or 6.0 Marshmallow on HP Touchpad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDu1bocZHqw

[YOUTUBE]ISWZ0c48gNA[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]KDu1bocZHqw[/YOUTUBE]

Download the required files:
ROM: Download LineageOS 14.1 build 20170112
Recovery:Download Flintmans TWRP Recovery 3.1.0.0 (05/09/17)
Gapps:Download Open gapps 7.1 Pico
Note: If you already installed Evervolv 7.1.x you can do a clean install with TWRP 3.1.0.0 recovery.
Note: Flintmans newest TWRP builds cannot be installed with the TPtoolbox, flash them from an older recovery.
Note: Do Not unzip the files

Upgrade the Rom:
Upgrade LineageOS 14.1(20180906) rom here by jshafer817
or
Upgrade LineageOS 14.1(20171228) rom here by invisiblek
Note: Login to the Google Play store from the 20170112 build before upgrading.

Details about the ROM:
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 [3.4 KERNEL](Invisiblek)
Working: Audio, Video, WiFi, Camera, Low standby battery drain (-2mA to -15mA) .
Not Working: Bluetooth(works with some devices other don't pair).
Note: This rom **REQUIRES you to increase the System Partition to 2048MB/2GB Change the size with Jcsullins TPtoolbox after selecting to install android

Note: To root download and flash this addonsu zip here.
Note: You may need to install another keyboard app with an apk (here) if the AOSP one crashes at start.
Note:To enable super user you will first need to make the developer tab visible by going to Settings/About tablet and clicking on "Build number" seven times.
-Now go to the new menu located @ Settings/Developer options and find the "Root access" menu enable it for Apps and/or ADB.
Note:If you can't login to Google Play install this older build here, refer to troubleshooting section below.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170111-182002.png
Views:	2834
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	4000220Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery life Lineage OS.png
Views:	2696
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	4000979Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170111-180456.png
Views:	2754
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	4000219
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RolandDeschain79 Ad-Free

12th January 2017, 12:33 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

More
Troubleshooting
The problem:
When attempting to login to the Google Play store you get a white screen that you cannot get past.

The solution:
-To fix the problem download and flash this older build here lineage-14.1-20170112-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip
-Once complete install the google keyboard here and login to the Play store, install any updates.
-Next download the latest Lineage 14.1 rom here and dirty flash it over the older build.
-Now that you're already logged into the play store it will continue to work fine with the newer builds.

The problem:
Help I'm missing SuperSU/Root Access

The solution:
To enable SuperSU/Root Download and flash this addonsu zip here.
Note: You will need to reflash this zip each time you update your rom.

The problem:
"Unfortunately Trebuchet Has Stopped" Error message

The solution:
Settings -> Apps -> Trebuchet -> "Force Stop" -> Storage -> "Clear Data" and then restart the device.

The problem:
Help I can't steam video with apps like Netfix, Amazon, MagineTv, Waipu TV and many others.

The solution:
Checkout Widevine's streaming fix in his thread here. Download his android 7.1.1 widevine.zip file and flash it TWRP recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RolandDeschain79 Ad-Free
13th January 2017, 05:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Keep getting Android Keyboard (AOSP) keeps stopping
13th January 2017, 06:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,815

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTronix

If the Android keyboard fc's on you during initialization, skip all the initialization that requires it. After you get to the home screen, go to Settings=>Language and Input=>Current Keyboard. Click on it and set the keyboard to the Google keyboard. You can then go back and setup the missing items.
13th January 2017, 06:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:

Did you dl the Google keyboard mentioned in the OP?
13th January 2017, 06:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Had to disable the Android Keyboard and install from an APK the Google Keyboard. That fixed the issue...
13th January 2017, 11:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:

Had to disable the Android Keyboard and install from an APK the Google Keyboard. That fixed the issue...

Awesome. How's it working? Can you comment and compare to Evervolv ?
14th January 2017, 07:16 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

More
Checkout my rom guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad1600

Awesome. How's it working? Can you comment and compare to Evervolv ?

I've got detailed info on both roms in my rom guide, second post in my install guide here. Evervolv is more evolved at this time but both are coming along well. I've had some problems pairing devices with the Bluetooth in Lineage 14.1 , the camera doesn't work. I still need to test the latest builds and see if the AOSP keyboard bug is fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RolandDeschain79 Ad-Free
15th January 2017, 01:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thanks for these awesome guides, and for posting this ROM. After following your instructions, I'm running the 1/13 build, and I'm very happy with it. Will this tablet ever die????

Edit: With the 1/13 build, YouTube and Kindle would take a long time to load, and audio and video seemed to be out of sync. But I just dirty flashed the 1/15 build, and these issues seem to have been addressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to lipps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lipps Ad-Free
22nd January 2017, 12:06 AM |#10  
Flag Frisco
Thanks Meter: 4

More
How to install LineageOS on hp touchpad
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSTb01V0_5k

hi Ronald it is me HQRacer here is the the link for HOW TO INSTALL lineageOS on HP Touchpad
22nd January 2017, 02:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Problem with recovery file
Hi guys,
I have a problem with "FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-f2fs-3.0.3.0-12-22-16", It says unsupported/unspported zip when I launch install android. please help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 7.1.1, hp touchpad, lineage os

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)